Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 239033 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #255 on: July 23, 2016, 01:49:58 am »
Considering how long these titles have been in development I expect each game to have 10 zones or more.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #256 on: July 23, 2016, 01:52:49 am »
Knocked it outta the park with these two announcements.

Sonic Mania looks like the Sonic 4 we should have had years ago.

Love how they started the Sonic 2017 trailer singling out Colors and Generations. The two modern Sonic games universally recognized as great. Smart fucking move on their part. Can't ask for a better announcement strategy.

SONIC IS BACK!

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #257 on: July 23, 2016, 04:44:00 am »
These games are fucking trash.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #258 on: July 23, 2016, 05:10:19 am »
That's the spirit!

I was expecting more of an announcement at the end..they just confirmed what we already knew, a Sonic game is coming out in 2017...

But Sonic Mania is so fucking amazing that it's ok
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2016, 06:51:19 am »
Oh man, Sonic Mania looks so damn good. Like, perfect. Everything I wanted. Over the past year or so Sonic CD has become one of my favourite Sonic games. (I still don't like the future/past mechanic taking you out of the action) but asthetic wise I really like it... This looks to have a similar vibe at least in that new zone.

Sonic 2017, the apocolypse theme is a little concerning... I don't think Sonic games should take themselves so seriously. But if it's similar to Sonic Generations then I'm in. Sonic Generations and Sonic Colours have probably been my favourite 3D Sonic games of all time.

Your post is fucking trash. At least explain yourself, don't be a drive by shit-posting doucher.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sharky

« Reply #260 on: July 23, 2016, 07:06:58 am »
Made by SEGA

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #261 on: July 23, 2016, 08:08:42 am »
Finally, a True Sonic game atlast! I don't think anyone here can say anything bad about Mania.

I'm actually surprised that people seem to look at it as a fan game and honestly....these guys are dumb. This looks nothing like a fan game. Levels are re-imagined for one thing, its under the direction of Sonic Team as well and further more, have they played Sonic CD? That game had weird levels to begin with and so maybe this game is suppose to bring something like CD.

I really like the new air dash mechanic. I hope its not implemented everytime you land because that might be irritating.

Still, day one purchase for this game. Not sure if I can get hyped for the other Sonic game but I'm happy its coming for the NX first.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #262 on: July 23, 2016, 08:15:34 am »
Sonic Mania... man.. finally.

I'm not a fan of the teaser however. Seems like the worst way to tease a game. THere's not much to surprise plus its using already done tricks to (potentially) please a certain crowd. Something surprising woulda been nice, other than that im looking forward to seeing more. Hopefully classic sonic's gameplay is better this time, especially with how sonic mania looks fucking incredible.

Things are heading in the right direction imho. Its so great that SEGA finally aknowledges the timeless apeal of classic sonic.

@Sharky I said wow!

Offline Sharky

« Reply #263 on: July 23, 2016, 08:21:03 am »

I really like the new air dash mechanic. I hope its not implemented everytime you land because that might be irritating.

It's not every time you land, that's for sure. Though I don't know the button command I guess it might hold down or whatever the spin button is, as you land.
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #264 on: July 23, 2016, 08:32:30 am »
The sonic mania stage being demoed seems to be heavily inspired from sonic CD's stardust speedway. Its funny because before I realized I was kind of dissapointed by it being too automated  ;-D . Hopefully we'll see more challenging stuff where also speed is a reward.

Here's some music from the stage btw !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio

Offline Artwark

« Reply #265 on: July 23, 2016, 08:36:06 am »

The sonic mania stage being demoed seems to be heavily inspired from sonic CD's stardust speedway. Its funny because before I realized I was kind of dissapointed by it being too automated  ;-D . Hopefully we'll see more challenging stuff where also speed is a reward.

Here's some music from the stage btw !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT SONG?!?!?!? ITS DAMM GOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #266 on: July 23, 2016, 09:05:36 am »

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT SONG?!?!?!? ITS DAMM GOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it was shared with the attenders altho im not sure. Yeah its really good.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #267 on: July 23, 2016, 10:02:57 am »
The song probably came with a press pack of some kind... I believe they were giving limited edition USB sticks out to people who attended with 'something' on them... Perhaps these tunes were on the USB.

Check out the Club SEGA reference:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:21:08 am by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline Artwark

« Reply #268 on: July 23, 2016, 10:44:43 am »
Just realized that Tee Lopes is composing the music for Mania!

Man!!!!!!!! now I'm more excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #269 on: July 23, 2016, 10:48:44 am »
God damn this looks good!

Sonic Project 2017 is building up to be more of Generations which is great too.