Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 239073 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2016, 10:56:18 am »
Its also such a huge difference with how sonic 4 was revealed/presented. I honestly think sonic mania has been the best made sonic trailer in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxmtYdEWVzo

So good

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2016, 11:16:18 am »
The animation at the titlescreen is also really amazing! Pausing every frame makes it really a sight to behold.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2016, 11:18:00 am »
2011 was the year where I think the best Sonic games I ever played were released. The remade Sonic CD (Yes Taxman's version became my favourite 2D Sonic) and Sonic Generations. Building off those is the only right move...

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2016, 11:34:30 am »
I think having Taxman on board really adds a lot to this too. He knows his stuff and has more then proven he 'gets' sonic.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2016, 01:00:49 pm »
Direct feed ghz with remastered soundtrack and it seems act 1 bosses is confirmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ8EedQJk7Y

im feeling things.. Have been cynical for way too long

Offline Tad

« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2016, 02:18:22 pm »
I know what you mean. The name, the look and the sounds, it all brings that 90s vibe back.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2016, 03:59:07 pm »
That Stage Music God Damn! I was just a smiiidge disappointed when they chose the Sonic CD aesthetic over something like Sonic 3nK, but that stage track is perfect for it. No complaints at all.

And loving those references to Streets of Rage and Club Sega. Great finds!

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2016, 06:22:26 pm »
So There's some footage that the game has right now. Green Hill and Studiopolis are the only levels played here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1nQxH3kugg

Honestly, I can't see anything negative happening here. You have two Sonic games coming out next year where two different staffs are working hard on these two games. One is Christian Whitehead who is known very well for his great attempts for the Sonic Remasters and the other team is working on a new game who have worked on Sonic Colors and Generations.

Its a win win here simply because if one game isn't worth getting, then the other one certainly can. The only thing that would ruin this dream come true situation is if SEGA were to suddenly cancel the games for whatever reason or if they decide to rush the game and just leave it unfinished but at this point, that sounds highly unlikely because well.....considering the fact that SEGA is making lesser games now and not to mention that they are really determined to make quality games this time around, I can't picture this happening one bit!

I do have one nitpick issue though....why isn't this releasing for the 3DS? I can understand the Wii U seeing that system is coming to an end, but the 3DS has a huge library and not to mention that SEGA is in good terms with Nintendo here.

Now I don't mind it too much but still, I would like this to come for the 3DS at the very least cause well.....the 3DS doesn't have that many platform games out there and I'm a huge fan of platform games.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2016, 08:09:57 pm »
I wouldn't count out Nintendo platforms just yet for Sonic Mania. As for if it will be digital or physical, at the event we asked and digital is for certain, physical is a big maybe.

George will be posting our full impressions video this week, but i can say that at the event people lost their shit. I had a strong inking that classic Sonic was returning, given all the merchandise features him and Archie finally can use the classic designs. Taxman and Stealth are an obvious choice, and I am very happy that modern SEGA is smart enough to go with the obvious. Looking back, it was kind of clear they were up to something. Stealth made a blog post saying he was no longer working on his fan game, and both he and Taxman had been quiet on Twitter aside from some hints of a paid project.

The game itself is almost everything I've wanted in a sonic game. Lovely retro graphics, fluid animation, great music. Honestly, it's like unearthing a long lost Saturn Sonic game. George played the Studiopolis demo, I played Green Hill. GHZ was basically elements of acts 1,2 and 3 combined with some new touches including a boss in an underground area (similar to Generations underground areas). The boss was tricky, don't expect the usual Eggman wrecking ball. I couldn't hear the music well due to Crush 40 performing. All in all, this game delivers. If you played Sonic 1-3&K, it's like diving right back in without missing a beat. Remember how Sonic 4 felt funny when you kicked off the game for the first time? How it didn't feel like you remembered and you had to retrain your brain? Not here.

Sonic Mania is going to deliver big time, no question. This is probably the best thing to come from the franchise since 1994.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #279 on: July 24, 2016, 01:50:24 am »
haha, alright everyone, how many times have you seen the Sonic Mania trailer by now, honestly?

I'm on a stretch of watching live reaction vids for the SMania reveal. Man, it's perfect, just perfect. I'm seeing cheers, tears and nothing but love. The marketing team that put that trailer together nailed it. 2017!!!

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2016, 03:26:44 am »
Haha I hear ya. Its surreal waking up the next day and watching the stuff again.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:39:39 am by CrazyT »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #281 on: July 24, 2016, 04:09:48 am »
Shout out for whoever produced the trailer btw, it was really well done...
Shame the live stream had sound issues though.
Made by SEGA

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2016, 04:43:48 am »
haha, alright everyone, how many times have you seen the Sonic Mania trailer by now, honestly?

I'm on a stretch of watching live reaction vids for the SMania reveal. Man, it's perfect, just perfect. I'm seeing cheers, tears and nothing but love. The marketing team that put that trailer together nailed it. 2017!!!

Forget the trailer! Just be honest how many times you'd listen to the music offered in this game so far! I just can't stop myself listening to it!!!!!!!

Also, just curious....who is Stealth? I know he did the rom hack for Sonic Genesis and made it proper but what else is he known for?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2016, 07:21:40 am »

Forget the trailer! Just be honest how many times you'd listen to the music offered in this game so far! I just can't stop myself listening to it!!!!!!!

Also, just curious....who is Stealth? I know he did the rom hack for Sonic Genesis and made it proper but what else is he known for?

I believe he was just another prominent figure in the Sonic rom hacking/fan game scene like Christian Whitehead. SEGA have been working with both of them for quite a few years now.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2016, 07:31:02 am »
I wouldn't count out Nintendo platforms just yet for Sonic Mania. As for if it will be digital or physical, at the event we asked and digital is for certain, physical is a big maybe.

It is coming to the NX and that is rumoured to be a home and portable console.

Although I haven't quoted it all (too much) I do agree with what you've said. Remember a few years ago wheb SEGA kind of scrapped a bunch of the poor Sonic titles from their library? I'd go so far as to say I'd happily let them do that again for Sonic 4 and stick Mania in it's place.

If I had to have a negative, it would be the Sonic 2017 project. We saw very little beyond the two Sonic's being back and it seemingly having the Generations style of gameplay.