Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 239017 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #330 on: July 27, 2016, 02:55:29 am »
he swears and acts like a gobshite because otherwise he would be as forgettable as everyother self-entitled "videogame pundit".

SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #331 on: July 27, 2016, 03:16:07 am »
he swears and acts like a gobshite because otherwise he would be as forgettable as everyother self-entitled "videogame pundit".

I disagree, but this is getting off topic so we'll agree to disagree.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #332 on: July 27, 2016, 03:17:25 am »
Ok TA, I can agree with you. I did enjoy it regardless.
I wish Sega could have a strong E3 presence again someday.
I'm really glad you did, honestly; But if I was at event held by a company I love a game series I happen to like, full of like minded people then its odds on I would have a ace time too, more so if you come home with goodies and also seeing some of the staff that work for the corp and the games that I love .
But as a show streamed the to world, it wasn't great and to be told to stay till the end of the show for something special and it be worth it: only to see a small trailer with no gameplay what so ever , was a total and utter letdown.

BTW its not about wanting SEGA to have a great E3 again. The Sonic Adv event I talk off was SEGA Japan special event to show off Sonic for the 1st time on the Dreamcast when they held a special event way back in August 22nd 1998 .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #333 on: July 27, 2016, 03:20:10 am »

He's loving his own hype granted  and also I hate constant swearing (and don't swear myself personally) . But quite a lot of what he says is well researched and its quite oblivious he'ls playing or played the games he's passing comments on . His Star Fox Zero review was spot on for starters     
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #334 on: July 27, 2016, 03:34:57 am »
I disagree, but this is getting off topic so we'll agree to disagree.
That is fair. I just think some people (even here on SegaBits) have a much better grasp of the gaming industry and what makes a game good, and their opinion is just as (if not more) valid than his. Yet, I'm hearing people constantly referring to him when the Sonic event comes into discussion, solely because he is capitalizing on the fact that many people want Sega to fail (for various reasons).
He may do good research and be well articulate, but that isn't enough of a justification for this sort of attitude. It's cancerous.

only to see a small trailer with no gameplay what so ever , was a total and utter letdown.
I felt the same on that regard.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #335 on: July 27, 2016, 08:05:19 am »
The focus is on Mania for now, which is fine. A year and a half is a long ways out and TBH this is probably the longest lead time we have had on a Sonic game in a long time. Generations, Lost World and Colors were debuted within eight months of releases whereas here we have over 16 months to go. I'm fine with the tease we got, gives us enough to speculate on before the proper reveal. And like I said, we have Mania which has more than enough to talk about and is likely 8 months away.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #336 on: July 27, 2016, 08:12:10 am »
is likely 8 months away.
Maybe we'll get a demo sooner
SEG4GES

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #337 on: July 27, 2016, 08:19:16 am »
I'm fine with the tease we got, gives us enough to speculate on before the proper reveal. And like I said, we have Mania which has more than enough to talk about and is likely 8 months away.

I'm not . I rather the team didn't talk or tease a game at all and left it till they had something to show off . Its been like 5 years since the team made Generations (it took 5 years to make Shenmue). So the team should have had something to show off or is the game only now entering production ? 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sharky

« Reply #338 on: July 27, 2016, 09:29:24 am »
I'm not . I rather the team didn't talk or tease a game at all and left it till they had something to show off . Its been like 5 years since the team made Generations (it took 5 years to make Shenmue). So the team should have had something to show off or is the game only now entering production ? 

At least some of them worked on Sonic Lost World
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #339 on: July 27, 2016, 09:31:01 am »
Like I said, the focus is on Mania but they wanted to tease the Project Sonic 2017 game at the event. I don't think there's a reason to be upset over it not being a full trailer with the title and gameplay, it was a teaser – and a good one at that, what with Classic Sonic's return and the whole Eggman has finally won aspect. I'm certain they do have things they could show off, but they wisely decided to wait so as to not take the focus away from Mania.

Lucasfilm does this. They could be easily teasing Episode VIII right now, but Rogue One is the focus until 2017.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #340 on: July 27, 2016, 10:14:24 am »
Like I said, the focus is on Mania but they wanted to tease the Project Sonic 2017 game at the event. I don't think there's a reason to be upset over it not being a full trailer with the title and gameplay, it was a teaser – and a good one at that, what with Classic Sonic's return and the whole Eggman has finally won aspect. I'm certain they do have things they could show off, but they wisely decided to wait so as to not take the focus away from Mania.

Lucasfilm does this. They could be easily teasing Episode VIII right now, but Rogue One is the focus until 2017.

Yep SEGA did the same with Warhammer Total War and Dawn of War 3... DoW3 was ready to be shown last year for sure... But they staggered it so that neither game would take focus away from each other.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #341 on: July 27, 2016, 10:32:21 am »
I can understand why people wanted to see more on Sonic 2017, but I'm also happy to wait. Mania is the focus right now and we're also seeing a clear direction from SEGA and the Sonic team. That's biggest take away from all this to me, as this is exactly what SEGA were talking about when they spoke about improving quality.

Fire & Ice has had more time, Mania is being made by known talent who understand Sonic, Sonic Team have clearly talked about the direction of the 3D Sonic titles and stepped back into the Generations style for a completely new and fully fleshed out game - with refinements I suspect.

It's all looking rather good right now and I'm far more optimistic about the Sonic series now more than ever.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2016, 11:55:31 am »
At least some of them worked on Sonic Lost World

That's a fair point , but that's was 3 years ago . Sonic Team really should have had something to show off or rather just wait until they did . Not to be told by people at SEGA America to wait until the end of the show for something special .

We already knew the game was coming after all, though it was nice to see what platforms it would be on I guess

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2016, 11:59:37 am »
Like I said, the focus is on Mania but they wanted to tease the Project Sonic 2017 game at the event. .

I didn't think the main focus was Mania either, SEGA didn't show much of that off tbh , but at least we go to see the game in action . That's what's gamer and fans want . Not CGI intro's and flashy trailers .I think it backfired on Sonic Team somewhat, because most of the Internet talk is of how bad the show was , rather that did you see that Sonic 2017 game it looked amazing ... I simply can't wait to play it .

Really I susbejct SONIC Team not only have a amazing game but also a amazing next gen engines and they really should have just shown off 5 to 10 sec's of gameplay to get the fans talking and the buzz going .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2016, 12:03:10 pm »
Bit weird I know, but what do we think the story of Sonic 2017 will be? I know in the end, it'll be straight forward, but going by the trailer, it seems to me there's a bit more in it this time. As me and Barry previously discussed, it seems like they're going for the soft reboot like Days of Future Past with Robotnik messing with time.

I wonder if modern Sonic will have to go back and stop modern Robotnik and we'll see the previous adventures wiped away in some way. Saying that, there doesn't seem to actually be a timeline anyway.