Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 239115 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #450 on: March 17, 2017, 04:34:10 am »
Can't wait as I love the 3D sections of Colors, Gen and even Unleashed and this is just buliding on that that
Looks really good and full of action and some lovely tech with lovely reflections and action all across the screen  . Always said Sonic Team have the best next gen pipe lines @SEGA Japan (not that saying a lot).
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #451 on: March 17, 2017, 04:41:46 am »
Can't wait as I love the 3D sections of Colors, Gen and even Unleashed and this is just buliding on that that
Looks really good and full of action and some lovely tech with lovely reflections and action all across the screen  . Always said Sonic Team have the best next gen pipe lines @SEGA Japan (not that saying a lot).

If it's coming out holiday season, hopefully it will be completed.  Unless that was the reason they announced it so far in advance, so they had time until now to develop it.
Be like water.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #452 on: March 17, 2017, 04:43:19 am »

I see some people on Neogaf complaining because it's the 'boost gameplay' but frankly there is no better style for 3D Sonic. They've experimented with a few differnen things now (Adventure style, Modern Style, Lost World, Sonic Boom.) And the Modern, boost style gameplay has been by far the most fun. Sonic Generations and Sonic Colours were, imo the highlight of 3D Sonic.

Admittedly it's not like the classics, but if we still GET the classics in the form of more Mania games that's totally fine... Best of both worlds. There are multiple styles of Mario game and nobody gets their nuts in a twist.
Made by SEGA

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #453 on: March 17, 2017, 04:47:37 am »
Mario games are meh these days.  I prefer to go fast in style.   8)
Be like water.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #454 on: March 17, 2017, 04:48:39 am »
I see some people on Neogaf complaining because it's the 'boost gameplay' but frankly there is no better style for 3D Sonic. They've experimented with a few differnen things now (Adventure style, Modern Style, Lost World, Sonic Boom.) And the Modern, boost style gameplay has been by far the most fun. Sonic Generations and Sonic Colours were, imo the highlight of 3D Sonic.

Admittedly it's not like the classics, but if we still GET the classics in the form of more Mania games that's totally fine... Best of both worlds. There are multiple styles of Mario game and nobody gets their nuts in a twist.

mania is all I ever asked for in a 2D video game platformer in general so I'm fine with whatever else Sonic does.
Be like water.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #455 on: March 17, 2017, 05:06:23 am »
Gah they still showed too little to me. We should know all 3 gameplay styles and have a full level playtrough by now imo,

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #456 on: March 17, 2017, 05:13:20 am »

It's Neo Gaf and that place is  SONY R US !.

The game looks fab and no its not the classics !, that was Sonic Mania is all about (even if for me the classics are vastly overrated ). This is all about having a current gen 3D platform game and it looks fab and what I want: ie more Sonic 3D boost sections and building on what Sonic Unleashed Daytime, Sonic Colors and Gen 3D sections did so well .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #457 on: March 17, 2017, 05:26:44 am »
It's Neo Gaf and that place is  SONY R US !.

The game looks fab and no its not the classics !, that was Sonic Mania is all about (even if for me the classics are vastly overrated ). This is all about having a current gen 3D platform game and it looks fab and what I want: ie more Sonic 3D boost sections and building on what Sonic Unleashed Daytime, Sonic Colors and Gen 3D sections did so well .

It's definetely looking more and more like Generations.
Be like water.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #458 on: March 17, 2017, 06:09:40 am »
Shun Nakamura being the producer on this is because Iizuka returned to the US.

Why can't Iizuka decide if he stays in Japan or the US?

1993-1996: in the US making Sonic 3
1996-1999: in Japan making Sonic Adv. and NiGHTS
1999-2008: in US making Sonic and Nights 2
2008-2015: in Japan being sub-manager of sonic team and producing games since Sonic 4
2015-now: in the US again

Seems like he is kinda flexible

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #459 on: March 17, 2017, 06:46:48 am »
Sonic Mania continues to look perfect.

Yes. And im glad that there is something for everyone for a change. Christian whitehead is a godsent.

Gah they still showed too little to me. We should know all 3 gameplay styles and have a full level playtrough by now imo,
3 gameplay styles? Do we knoe what the 3rd one is?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #460 on: March 17, 2017, 07:11:46 am »

Nakamura-san is one of the best talents at SEGA Japan (yes I know he was director of Sonic 06) . I'm can't wait for the title
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

« Reply #461 on: March 17, 2017, 07:32:28 am »
Nakamura-san is one of the best talents at SEGA Japan (yes I know he was director of Sonic 06) . I'm can't wait for the title

Sonic Forces seems kinda like Sonic 06 could have been. Essentially the ambition of Sonic 06 was split into Secret Rings, Sonic 06 actual game and then Sonic Unleashed. Not to mention all DIMPS games Sonic Team had to supervise etc.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #462 on: March 17, 2017, 09:02:32 am »

Why can't Iizuka decide if he stays in Japan or the US?

1993-1996: in the US making Sonic 3
1996-1999: in Japan making Sonic Adv. and NiGHTS
1999-2008: in US making Sonic and Nights 2
2008-2015: in Japan being sub-manager of sonic team and producing games since Sonic 4
2015-now: in the US again

Seems like he is kinda flexible

He should stick to NIGHTS imo.
Be like water.

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
« Reply #463 on: March 17, 2017, 09:28:12 am »
Nakamura has a fine track record outside 06. He was the director of Sonic 06 but he was also responsible for directing Samba de Amigo, Billy Hatcher and Rhythm Thief.

About the third style, going by the pattern of Classic and Modern, it will likely be Adventure Sonic or Boom Sonic. Only reasoning I am skeptical about Boom Sonic otherwise is that the continuty is not quite like the dynamic Classic and Modern Sonic has. Also I'm waiting for the panic button if Boom shows up. But under a different dev team probably be a surprising good gameplay style.

A chao garden would wrap up the game's content well. Having Tails or Knuckles playable be nice.

Another possibility is Eggman playable. "Forces" reminds me of factions and would be interesting to play as Eggman again.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #464 on: March 17, 2017, 10:22:23 am »
Nakamura has a fine track record outside 06. He was the director of Sonic 06 but he was also responsible for directing Samba de Amigo, Billy Hatcher and Rhythm Thief.

About the third style, going by the pattern of Classic and Modern, it will likely be Adventure Sonic or Boom Sonic. Only reasoning I am skeptical about Boom Sonic otherwise is that the continuty is not quite like the dynamic Classic and Modern Sonic has. Also I'm waiting for the panic button if Boom shows up. But under a different dev team probably be a surprising good gameplay style.

A chao garden would wrap up the game's content well. Having Tails or Knuckles playable be nice.

Another possibility is Eggman playable. "Forces" reminds me of factions and would be interesting to play as Eggman again.

What if they added SatAM Sonic and Robotnik to the mix?   8)
Be like water.