Author Topic: New Vanquish Details, and screens  (Read 8171 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: New Vanquish Details, and screens
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 07:25:32 am »
Quote from: "Centrale"
I think seeing it in motion is gonna help a lot to understand what they're going for.  I expect it to be really fast and fluid.  I don't think it has a Gears of War meathead muscleman-fantasy vibe at all.

That's what I've been thinking too, while the game does have similarities with Gears of War (PG even admitted the inspiration from it), as a whole the game looks quite different.

Vanquish is supposed to be ultra fast paced (some previews claimed its the fastest TPS ever), a very high concentration on Melee combat, the ability to use Augmented Reaction Mode "ARM" (Which is the equivalent of Witch time), exploding enemies (Yes, I miss exploding enemies!!), etc...

While I do not know what they mean, but they said Vanquish is "trying to inject the pace of an action game into a shooter" which makes me think its not going to feel like the rest of the TPS's out there including Gears of War.

Still, a Gameplay video is needed to judge, I guess we have to wait until E3.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 09:12:42 am »
Looks great too me... Right now my only worry is that there will only be one 'enviroment' every screen shot looks very samey at the moment.

I dislike the hex floor tiles everywhere.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 03:43:19 pm »
I want Platinum to develop spiritual sequels to RE4 and GodHand. Seriously, if DMC and Gears got the Platinum treatment these should, too. Of course, entirely original IP's would be nice, too.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 03:52:22 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Stylista"
Quote from: "jonboy101"
I personally think it looks pretty solid. What specifically don't people like about this?

Games based on gameplay innovations are so last gen. . . :roll:  without 3D and motion control it might not meet my 13 year old cousin's space marine stamp of approval.
East, you don't have to make more than one account. You can express your hate for anything "not SEGA" or "current" via your other account. Don't make more accounts or we will have to warn you.

Multiple accounts are 'now' not allowed. Man up and say what you want on your regular account. If you want to change your account name, contact an admin.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 06:29:22 pm »
Quote from: "George"
Quote from: "Sega Stylista"
Quote from: "jonboy101"
I personally think it looks pretty solid. What specifically don't people like about this?

Games based on gameplay innovations are so last gen. . . :roll:  without 3D and motion control it might not meet my 13 year old cousin's space marine stamp of approval.
East, you don't have to make more than one account. You can express your hate for anything "not SEGA" or "current" via your other account. Don't make more accounts or we will have to warn you.

Multiple accounts are 'now' not allowed. Man up and say what you want on your regular account. If you want to change your account name, contact an admin.

For real that was Eastside? I was going to say a few times before "looks like we found a new Eastside" but didn't want to be rude to the new guy. If it really is you East, why make a new account?

As for Vanquish, I'm not sure why people are putting it down, but I'm not that excited for it just yet. I wasn't for Bayonetta either though until I played it, so I'm optimistic about this one,.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 08:12:24 pm »
Eh? It doesn't remind me too much of GoW. I always thought it had much more of a GunValkyrie vibe going on about it than Gears. I suppose that while some people weren't very fond of GV, I thought it was a particularly engaging game.

And a lot of people who didn't really enjoy DMC seemed to enjoy Bayonetta. I think the studio deserves at least a little faith. We're not dealing with Sonic Team here.

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 12:52:58 am »
This game will undersell Bayonetta without the T&A.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline George

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 02:14:51 am »
Saying that Bayonetta sold on sex is really a stupid statement since most gamers whined that it looked crappy due to this. It sold due to its amazing ratings and being a great game, which it was.

Its about the gameplay, that is what makes us gamers. Not some 'label' or 'hardcore' persona some users around the forums give themselves.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 12:28:38 pm »
This is just in;

Makoto Tsuchibayashi, Hotsuma & Hibana creator (also did Dante from DMC1 and Sengoku Basara characters) is officially the character designer of VANQUISH.

No wonder the armor looks sweet!
This is major news for me because I love that guy's work..
http://twitter.com/tsuchibayashi/status/13256536207

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 11:49:07 pm »
Quote from: "Pao"
This is just in;

Makoto Tsuchibayashi, Hotsuma & Hibana creator (also did Dante from DMC1 and Sengoku Basara characters) is officially the character designer of VANQUISH.

No wonder the armor looks sweet!
This is major news for me because I love that guy's work..
http://twitter.com/tsuchibayashi/status/13256536207

His Shinobi artwork was awesome.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 05:36:32 am »
Posted on the front page, credited given and even got a soft drink .

Cheers.

Shocked that Makoto didn't design the Bayonetta stuff.