Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155516 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #2700 on: February 08, 2012, 08:49:17 am »
I made my first ebay listing! And it's something that nobody here would ever want. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290668464849#ht_500wt_1229

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2701 on: February 08, 2012, 01:19:39 pm »
Speaking of Ebay, I'm fortunately being able to do bussiness quite well. All the items I've listed have had had bids. I've already shipped off two of them. It's great to do business in a much larger market.

The portuguese market is a good one, but we lack a refined auction system like Ebay that makes selling and buying a whole lot easier.
We have a few platforms, like Miau.pt and LeiloƵes.net, also a few different versions of Craigslist-style websites where you can post garage sales and such, but none of them even come close to what Ebay does.

There's also another inherent problem with the portuguese market is that the local online shopper tends to be very picky. What I mean by picky is that often times they behave like tourists in Morroco trying to forcefully convince the seller to lower shipping and handling, sometimes the actual value of the item.

It happens because most of the times because there's only one buyer that wants that one item, it's a very rare case of buyer monopoly and thus low-balling becomes common pratice. As a general rule it is never wise to sell an item at a very low price.

The other major complication is that on portuguese auction sites you do not have sort of system that allows you to send out invoices or such, basically, you pay for a listing fee and when the auction ends you have to work it out with the buyer through e-mail. But what if the buyer has a change of heart and refuses to pay? Tough luck and that's none of the auction websiste's business. I neglected to mention that there's also a sales fee based on the final value.

I've been stiffed out of 75 bucks(note: that's a total from a series of auctions where I was owed money, not including sales fee for each sale), that's where I drew the line.

I now only sell stuff on Ebay, at least, people there have standards.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:23:06 pm by max_cady »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2702 on: February 08, 2012, 01:25:58 pm »
max, I usually use CustoJusto. It has no fees, it's direct buyer-seller communication.

Made 150 euros last 2 months just selling old games there. Have you checked it out?

And btw, is there any chance you were on the Fertagus today and got out at Penalva? I saw this dude just like you lol
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2703 on: February 11, 2012, 06:40:50 pm »
Looks like Luis Suarez is digging himself quite a hole in English football. A massive hole, a hole I hope he gets trapped in and never returns from.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2704 on: February 18, 2012, 08:43:53 am »
Seeing Sam Jackson giving George Lucas an NAACP award last night made my weekend.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2705 on: February 20, 2012, 06:07:35 pm »
OK, guys, if any of you actually use Facebook on a regular basis. Clue me in on this... My mom's been using Facebook on a regular basis as a nice distraction.

But since pretty much the since the end of January, she's been having this constant blank page whenever she tries to just access it. She can't see wall posts from close friends or play with any of the games there, since she has to type everything in in the upper search bar.

I've exausted all possible options:
-It's not a virus;
-It's not spyware messing with the browser;
-I've e-mailed Facebook's help page at least twice a day taking snapshots and recording video of what's going on and they still haven't fixed it;
-I've cleared the damn cache so many damn times, I've lost track;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys have any suggestion on how to deal with this?

'Cause I'm literally praying for something right now...

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2706 on: February 21, 2012, 04:35:30 am »
Are you connected through a router? Try connecting straight into the internet. Also try changing your DNS:
http://www.opendns.com/business-solutions/premium-dns/benefits/

Is it just her laptop?

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2707 on: February 21, 2012, 05:12:32 am »
No, that's the messed up part.

I've tried accessing her account through my own laptop, my old Desktop PC and even in the one in the office. All I get is a blank page and it's starting to get a little frustrating.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2708 on: February 21, 2012, 12:02:04 pm »
Mr. T had a stupid people clip show and I'm just finding out about it now?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EDFp8sk3-w

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2709 on: February 21, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »
Finally damn it!

A simple tip, switch the protocol. Use https://www.facebook.com!

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #2710 on: March 03, 2012, 07:21:08 pm »
GameTrailers put the Sonic series at the top of their "Worst Blockbuster" Countdown.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-gt-countdown/727457

They love to just keep riding the hate train it seems.  :-\
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2711 on: March 04, 2012, 04:32:27 am »
I agree. Plus, putting Sonic Adventure 2 in the same bag as the other more mixed titles is a little questionable.

And really, was Sonic The Hedgehog the only franchise they could come up with?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2712 on: March 04, 2012, 08:44:47 am »
Giving Sonic the term "Blockbuster" seems weird to me. Gears of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Arkham City, The Force Unleashed, Halo 3... those are gaming blockbusters to me. Games that are pushed as heavily as movie blockbusters, and are just as big on story as they are gameplay.

The only Sonic title to get close to this was Sonic '06, but for some weird reason GameTrailers thinks SA2 is a horrible blockbuster release (???) and then they also give Mario & Sonic a mention?

Pretty badly done video.

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #2713 on: March 04, 2012, 05:36:09 pm »
Giving Sonic the term "Blockbuster" seems weird to me. Gears of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Arkham City, The Force Unleashed, Halo 3... those are gaming blockbusters to me. Games that are pushed as heavily as movie blockbusters, and are just as big on story as they are gameplay.

The only Sonic title to get close to this was Sonic '06, but for some weird reason GameTrailers thinks SA2 is a horrible blockbuster release (???) and then they also give Mario & Sonic a mention?

Pretty badly done video.

Is SEGA, dude. They hate just for the sake of it.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2714 on: March 04, 2012, 06:27:18 pm »
Mario & Sonic are both bad titles according to Gametrailers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I finally got NullDC to work properly with a USB gamepad. I was desperately trying to get a wireless 360 controller through Charge & Play Kit to work with it.

But as I've been told, those do not work. And it makes sense, the charger is meant just for that, to charge up, while the gamepad is still wireless. You need a wireless gaming receiver, which are cheap.

But you are better off just buying a regular USB gamepad that has one digital stick, one analog, two sholder buttons, a start button and four main buttons.

You can get some really cheap pads on a few discount retailers and Mom and Pop stores.

3 bucks for this. Sweet.