Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155359 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4185 on: November 17, 2014, 10:05:18 am »
So it's started proper snowing last night, forgotten what it's like to walk through snowy sidewalks to work.

I think I'll get used to it, not sure if I'm happy or not about it. Snow is nice when you have a quiet weekend, but daily commuting is harder now. Still trying to adjust to a lot of personal things too, I don't know if this will be a good distraction or just make me feel worse.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4186 on: November 17, 2014, 12:36:58 pm »
So it's started proper snowing last night, forgotten what it's like to walk through snowy sidewalks to work.

I think I'll get used to it, not sure if I'm happy or not about it. Snow is nice when you have a quiet weekend, but daily commuting is harder now. Still trying to adjust to a lot of personal things too, I don't know if this will be a good distraction or just make me feel worse.

Walking on snowy walks isn't so bad, unless it's a lot of snow or its a wet snow that turns into ice following a deep freeze.

If there is a lot of snow or if it's a wet snow and there is a deep freeze on the way I make sure to shovel right away. I know I appreciate it when people do such, and I'm sure people appreciate it when I do such. Just an act of kindness.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4187 on: November 17, 2014, 12:49:24 pm »
Just reading that makes me thank my parents for having been born in California. =)
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4188 on: November 17, 2014, 12:51:21 pm »
Well I live in an apartment block, so no shovelling for me. Otherwise I would do likewise I guess.

The walking isn't too bad, it's rather wet around my work and home though, a bit slushy which isn't as nice.

At least it'll be nice and cozy in the evenings or weekends.

Just reading that makes me thank my parents for having been born in California. =)
I used to live in Australia, now living in Canada, it's quite a different climate. It's still a novelty to see snow falling like this though.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4189 on: November 17, 2014, 01:33:56 pm »
There is some snow on the ground right now, not much though. Plus it's too cold to shovel!

**** that ;p That's Janurary type weather, winter has hardly even started yet. It's not supposed to be this cold. I have noticed though when it's this cold the air is really dry and it doesn't snow much.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4190 on: November 19, 2014, 12:42:38 pm »
I think i need a new job...

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #4191 on: November 19, 2014, 12:49:55 pm »
There is some snow on the ground right now, not much though. Plus it's too cold to shovel!

**** that ;p That's Janurary type weather, winter has hardly even started yet. It's not supposed to be this cold. I have noticed though when it's this cold the air is really dry and it doesn't snow much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhrlM3nYzFg
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4192 on: November 19, 2014, 01:15:27 pm »
I think i need a new job...

Start looking, the sooner you start looking, the less time you have to grind it out at a place you don't like. Remember, run TO a job, not FROM a job.

I tried to take up fencing as a sport/hobby in the last week, good lord it's expensive though :( I've got a free trial week I can use at a club near work, but it's so hard to get to without a car (and in the snow). I might have to put fencing on the back-burner and pick it up when I'm more able, it was so much fun when I tried it!

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4193 on: November 20, 2014, 09:20:43 am »
I'm getting a bit of that autumn/winter extra weight thing. Gotta step up ma game.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4194 on: November 20, 2014, 11:16:51 am »
Start looking, the sooner you start looking, the less time you have to grind it out at a place you don't like. Remember, run TO a job, not FROM a job.

I tried to take up fencing as a sport/hobby in the last week, good lord it's expensive though :( I've got a free trial week I can use at a club near work, but it's so hard to get to without a car (and in the snow). I might have to put fencing on the back-burner and pick it up when I'm more able, it was so much fun when I tried it!

Yeah, i know what you mean. Definitely will start updating my resume just in case.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #4195 on: November 21, 2014, 07:16:09 pm »
I have my mother with a slipped disc...is the second time than this happen to her, the last was 20 years ago, i was just born, and she get a really dangerous operation back in the day, and know my father (he is a doctor) say than she may be need another one.
Is very dangerous, she can barely move, we are going to the hispital this tuesday to see what we can do to reduce the pain until the operation. Is really hard for me, i have crucial exams and i cant concentrate, she needs me and my father all day.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4196 on: November 21, 2014, 10:57:48 pm »
Sorry to hear that man, hope everything turns out okay.

Feel like a dick for wanting to come on here and complain about my 55" Toshiba HDTV dying on me today. Can't do that shit now after reading up on your problem..

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #4197 on: November 21, 2014, 11:42:24 pm »
Sorry to hear that man, hope everything turns out okay.

Feel like a dick for wanting to come on here and complain about my 55" Toshiba HDTV dying on me today. Can't do that shit now after reading up on your problem..

Thanks for the support

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4198 on: November 25, 2014, 04:36:06 am »
Hang in there, dude.

In other thoughts: I gotta stop buying hiking shoes from the Dollar Store, they will mess yo' toes up real bad.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4199 on: November 25, 2014, 08:57:04 am »
Really sad to hear that Mariano, I hope you and your family can come through this ordeal well my prayers are with you.

Can you see if you can get some extra time on your exams? I'm not sure about Argentina but here in the UK during this period students who are undergoing a difficult period are given some leeway on their exam dates.

Hope everything works out for your family, please keep us posted.