Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155347 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4245 on: December 14, 2014, 11:34:20 pm »
Kings have lost 4 out of the last 5 games and are out of a playoff spot at the moment.. Time to be their shit straightened out, asap!
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4246 on: December 16, 2014, 10:16:26 am »
21GB worth of Android API updates.....This is what I get for putting it off for so long. 4 1/2 hours ;_;

On the bright side, slowly but surely getting more Open Source programs to replace freeware/nagware on windows whenever feasible when I'm not messing around with Slackware in a VM.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4247 on: December 17, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »
So I decided to finally jump into Windows 8, after spending the last 6 years on basically Windows 7 Ultimate.

I have to say, apart from a couple of hurdles, it's actually delivers a pretty good experience overall.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4248 on: December 17, 2014, 08:43:42 pm »
Wife fractured her knee today so I had to take her into ER and paid an ass load.. Her aunt also suffered a heart attack today and is having open heart surgery.. Life has been way too intense lately. Had to work a 13 hour day.. Always tired.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #4249 on: December 17, 2014, 10:42:45 pm »
Jesus christ.

Wishing you the best dude. Horrible events way too close to each other.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4250 on: December 18, 2014, 10:23:37 am »
You can always tell when someone is REALLY angry when they use 'cunt' as a verb.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4251 on: December 18, 2014, 03:48:09 pm »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4252 on: December 18, 2014, 04:00:56 pm »
I never really understood that episode. Does it imply homosexuality or being a pansy/effeminate in the US?
It never really had that connotation in UK/Aus usage as far as I can tell, it was just like 'bastard' or 'asshole'.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4253 on: December 18, 2014, 04:17:54 pm »
Hang in there, Pyro. :)

Well, 48 hours later, I'm gonna have to downgrade to Windows 7 again. Windows 8 was pretty good, but unfortunately I had some issues with my laptop that made using this OS a bit impractical.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #4254 on: December 18, 2014, 06:22:38 pm »
Mind describing some of the issues? o:

I'm interested to hear them, seeing as I have a rather veteran laptop also running 8. Not to pick on you or anything xD. Just curious.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4255 on: December 19, 2014, 08:21:11 am »
Dang Piro, hope both your wife and aunt get well soon.

Was attacked on Wednesday night when I was out with my GF. Was walking back to the train station after dinner (I just came off of work so was still in my suit!) Guy came running upto us cause we bumped into him (Is this Yakuza??) I apologised but he swung a punch towards me and then hit my GF, then I went and hit him with a bag full of curry (Wait what? This is definitely Yakuza.) that ended up exploding all over his face. After a few swings from me (One free hand and one carrying a bag full of items.) the guy ran away.

We're both fine and can laugh about it though, shame my suit is ruined now, I seemed to have ripped it during the exchange of blows but at least neither of us got seriously hurt.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4256 on: December 19, 2014, 08:37:35 am »
Oh shit!
Piro, I hope everything is going okay with you guys, Be strong buddy.

Aki- wtf! Was he some kind of addict or something? Guy sounds crazy. Hitting him with a bag full of curry is god-like though.  Little disappointed you didn't use monkey kung-fu like Eileen.
Thankfully I've never been in a situation like that, I always wonder how I would handle it. Sounds like you handled it really well though, kudos.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4257 on: December 19, 2014, 09:56:10 am »
I call for a Source Filmmaker remake of the events using Yakuza assets!

That sucks though, Aki. I was at a post office last week and this dude strolls in and yells "Everybody against the wall, this is a stickup!" - then he proceeded to laugh and look at Christmas cards while saying "Ain't anybody gonna listen to me? haha!"

I left, didn't want to find out if he was joking or not.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #4258 on: December 19, 2014, 10:07:12 am »
I wish you the best for this situation, Piro.

Man, Aki, you activated some Heat Action moves right there! Kudos for that.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #4259 on: December 19, 2014, 01:44:50 pm »
Wife fractured her knee today so I had to take her into ER and paid an ass load.. Her aunt also suffered a heart attack today and is having open heart surgery.. Life has been way too intense lately. Had to work a 13 hour day.. Always tired.

Hope things work out dude =( Seems like you've had a rough go for a while

Dang Piro, hope both your wife and aunt get well soon.

Was attacked on Wednesday night when I was out with my GF. Was walking back to the train station after dinner (I just came off of work so was still in my suit!) Guy came running upto us cause we bumped into him (Is this Yakuza??) I apologised but he swung a punch towards me and then hit my GF, then I went and hit him with a bag full of curry (Wait what? This is definitely Yakuza.) that ended up exploding all over his face. After a few swings from me (One free hand and one carrying a bag full of items.) the guy ran away.

We're both fine and can laugh about it though, shame my suit is ruined now, I seemed to have ripped it during the exchange of blows but at least neither of us got seriously hurt.

Dude what a prick. Screw that guy lol.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!