Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155311 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4740 on: October 29, 2015, 04:06:36 pm »
Hooray, I just finished payin' up my debt to the IRS!

It's party time, street walkers and booze for everyone! (J/K)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4741 on: October 30, 2015, 06:15:27 pm »
Yea, it's pretty shit. The hardware is great, but they ramp up the price of any and every upgrade you want. When you take into account that you can't upgrade it later and in case of malfunction you have to replace the whole motherboard, it's a pain.
Consumerism at it's finest. That's why I've held off buying another mac for as long as I can, because I know I'll just break the bank and buy everything ._. Just using a desktop PC now

Yes, it does! It's 20min presentation + 70 minute discussion. The discussion involves 3 of the best dudes on the field bombarding me with questions. Fun awaits!

Pulled the Trigger on a 2015 15" rmpb base model on the Apple refurbished store. got for $300 less than the normal price. 16GB of ram, so that is future proofed and should last me many years, Hopefully don't have to buy another apple computer for at least 5 years, or maybe ever again if for some reason OS X goes really bad or something. Can never predict the future. I'm feeling really uneasy about spending so much, but everyone who buys these laptops say they are worth the cost. So, fingers crossed. If worst comes to worst.. i can return it to the Apple store too within 14 days.

Also.. holycrap, that presentation sounds like torture. You got guts for even attempting to do it! I'd drop out of the class! haha

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4742 on: October 30, 2015, 08:18:19 pm »
That's why i don't buy Apple products, way too overpriced. I'd rather buy parts and make my own rig.

Stressed as balls at work, took a day off. My hair is starting to turn grey.. =/
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #4743 on: October 30, 2015, 09:30:56 pm »
That's why i don't buy Apple products, way too overpriced. I'd rather buy parts and make my own rig.

Stressed as balls at work, took a day off. My hair is starting to turn grey.. =/

Yup, very expensive. Unless your made of money don't buy an Apple laptop unless your using it for work, otherwise it's just an overpriced toy. Apple hardware is very high quality compared to average PC hardware and there is a reason it's priced the way it is. It's a premium product, just like the MS Surface and Surface Book. They are priced the exact same.. if not worse.

Although I think the macbook air is a good value for an average person who only browses the internet and uses office, but so is the basic surface 4 for those tasks.

Also, I hear you about work. It can be pretty stressful at times. Is it really busy right now for you because its approaching the holiday season or something?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:33:08 pm by Happy Cat »

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #4744 on: October 31, 2015, 01:33:38 am »
everything's gone to shit

my sister and her fiancee have split. he was buying the house for all us to live in and now that's not happening. and now she has nowhere to go and she can't stay with us. idk what's gonna happen but we're fucked bc inevitably we're going to get dragged down with it.

i just want good news that stays good news for once

i knew moving to atlanta was a bad idea. i want to go home.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4745 on: November 01, 2015, 12:43:39 am »
Yup, very expensive. Unless your made of money don't buy an Apple laptop unless your using it for work, otherwise it's just an overpriced toy. Apple hardware is very high quality compared to average PC hardware and there is a reason it's priced the way it is. It's a premium product, just like the MS Surface and Surface Book. They are priced the exact same.. if not worse.

Although I think the macbook air is a good value for an average person who only browses the internet and uses office, but so is the basic surface 4 for those tasks.

Also, I hear you about work. It can be pretty stressful at times. Is it really busy right now for you because its approaching the holiday season or something?

Nah, holiday doesn't effect it. Corporate was here for 1 week and they just added more bs to my workload. Sometimes it can be difficult to be a Manager. There's a girl i work with that will be on leave soon for 3 months because she's pregnant. So i have to interview and bring in a temp soon, just for a few months.. It's gonna be a pain in the ass. I'm gonna have to run the operations pretty much on my own for a while, while managing 2 other morons..

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #4746 on: November 01, 2015, 09:27:57 am »
Nah, holiday doesn't effect it. Corporate was here for 1 week and they just added more bs to my workload. Sometimes it can be difficult to be a Manager. There's a girl i work with that will be on leave soon for 3 months because she's pregnant. So i have to interview and bring in a temp soon, just for a few months.. It's gonna be a pain in the ass. I'm gonna have to run the operations pretty much on my own for a while, while managing 2 other morons..

That does sound stressful. Hang in there! It makes your time off all the better too. I try to take care of all chores on Saturday so I can relax on Sunday. Of course things don't always go according to plan. Gotta make the best of out free time though. It's too short!

Moody, I'm sorry to hear that. Do your best to keep yourself motivated and make things happen. Things don't stay bad forever, and if you are working towards a goal you can speed up that process dramatically with persistence and motivation to improve your situation. If you ever feel the need to rant this thread is the perfect place. We are all supportive of each other in here!

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #4747 on: November 03, 2015, 07:17:25 pm »
Status update on the macbook. Really beautiful machine. Now I understand why people say they are worth the money. You don't really understand until you have your own. Of course it takes getting used to OS X if you've never used it before, but that's not a problem for me.

Really glad i went with the more powerful 15in model. It's definitely on the hefty side, but, amazing screen space, amazing speakers, and quite powerful. I'm really happy with the purchase.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4748 on: November 03, 2015, 07:38:10 pm »
Now I understand why people say they are worth the money. You don't really understand until you have your own.
I can't stress this enough.
It's simply a very satisfying user experience on a very robust piece of kit.
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4749 on: November 11, 2015, 02:11:04 am »
So now Portugal is being run by the Three Stooges...

I have some ideas about to do next...

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4750 on: November 11, 2015, 07:50:17 am »
Cavaco save us!
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4751 on: November 12, 2015, 07:06:05 pm »
The last episode of the Flash. Just... holy shit. I mean, i read the comics and know what type of villain Zoom was, I just didn't think they where going to portray him as the Zoom in the comics. Like... I can't believe CW greenlit that episode. *slow applause*

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4752 on: November 12, 2015, 08:55:51 pm »
Been watching Supergirl.. Pretty terrible thus far.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4753 on: November 13, 2015, 09:12:54 am »
The last episode of the Flash. Just... holy shit. I mean, i read the comics and know what type of villain Zoom was, I just didn't think they where going to portray him as the Zoom in the comics. Like... I can't believe CW greenlit that episode. *slow applause*

I'm just happy to see a Barry in a starring role.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4754 on: November 13, 2015, 06:13:17 pm »
Terrorist attack in Paris, wtf is going on..