Author Topic: Golden Axe - Official Thread  (Read 134399 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Golden Axe - Official Thread
« Reply #450 on: July 16, 2024, 02:34:40 am »
Dream Figures unveils Ax Battler collectible statue from SEGA’s Golden Axe

Sideshow and Dream Figures have unveiled the sixth scale Ax Battler statue from SEGA classic fantasy arcade game Golden Axe.
Limited to just 99 pieces, the collectible is available to pre-order now, priced at $345;
check it out here …

Article : https://www.flickeringmyth.com/dream-figures-unveils-ax-battler-collectible-statue-from-segas-golden-axe/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #451 on: July 16, 2024, 06:39:20 pm »
I've been playing a lot of Blade & Sorcery of late... Iwish there was a mod to add the Golden Axe into the game.

Offline Berto

« Reply #452 on: July 17, 2024, 12:43:16 am »
I've been playing a lot of Blade & Sorcery of late... Iwish there was a mod to add the Golden Axe into the game.

I never play that game. It has no console version and couldn't be played in Steam Deck.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #453 on: July 17, 2024, 08:04:42 am »
I never play that game. It has no console version and couldn't be played in Steam Deck.
It's a VR game. Can only be played in VR. I play it, just wish it had more Sega flavour to it. Golden Axe would certain fit into the aesthetic of the game.

Offline Berto

« Reply #454 on: July 17, 2024, 08:27:22 pm »
It's a VR game. Can only be played in VR. I play it, just wish it had more Sega flavour to it. Golden Axe would certain fit into the aesthetic of the game.

Ah, VR... No wonder I'm not familiar with it...
The gameplay reminded me of Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgIA76lNO6A

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #455 on: July 21, 2024, 08:31:16 am »
Ah, VR... No wonder I'm not familiar with it...
The gameplay reminded me of Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgIA76lNO6A
I can't say gameplay is similar, given Dragon Quest Swords used the nunchuk while Blade & Sorcery is fully VR-immersive.

Lady, you can talk!

Offline Berto

« Reply #456 on: July 21, 2024, 11:20:06 pm »
I can't say gameplay is similar, given Dragon Quest Swords used the nunchuk while Blade & Sorcery is fully VR-immersive.

I see. I thought they were similar due to its first person view but turned out it's not.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #457 on: July 22, 2024, 08:16:17 pm »
I see. I thought they were similar due to its first person view but turned out it's not.
I recall playing a bit of DQS, if I recall, it's an on-rail FPS hack 'n slash that uses flick-motion of the wiimote to attack.
B&S uses motion control.