Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155372 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4500 on: April 17, 2015, 09:19:16 am »
What a crappy week... The only highpoint so far is the new Star Wars trailer and the leaked Batman v Superman trailer.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4501 on: April 17, 2015, 06:22:19 pm »
What a crappy week... The only highpoint so far is the new Star Wars trailer and the leaked Batman v Superman trailer.
What about Porto 3 - Bayern 1?
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #4502 on: April 17, 2015, 10:37:07 pm »
Im in a pretty bad situation right now. Ill try to keep it a bit vague because id rather not be identified.

Anyway, someone in my family seems to be suffering from depression. The person has been using drugs because he/she thinks that its helping him/her to hold on and to "survive". Honestly though i've never seen him/her so miserable in my life after being on the drugs for like, probably a couple of months. I think more suicidal as well as the person mentioned that he/she wanted it all to end in our last conversation.

My only references really is myself. I know how drugs can sometimes make one feel worse, cause a lot of anxiety etc. I also know when on the stuff you can be in great denial about whether its harming or helping you. Usually it does more harm than help.

Then there's the celebrities on tv that have everything in reach, but end up using drugs as well. Its pretty interesting that guys like Robin Williams, with a nice family and everything would actually be so depressed. And what a coincidence that most of these suicidal tendencies come from these people. I think drugs really adds insult to injury in a lot of cases and could be a push into "dark thoughts".

Thats just how I view it all. But I dont know how to deal with it. I dont know what I can do to help this person. Actually its gotten so far that I wouldnt be surprised if something bad would happen in the near future. Despite me having prepared myself mentally, I just cant handle all this stuff. I really just dont know what to do. Im hopeless and I feel like nothing can stop things from happening. Basically if someone could give me some advice, it'd be appreciated. I've grown to like you guys a lot otherwise I wouldnt pick this place of all to share this stuff to.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4503 on: April 18, 2015, 07:48:55 pm »
Depression is horrible. The most you can do is talk with them and support them. If they are talking about killing themselves the you gotta get them help.

Every country is different, but even in the US, where involuntary psychiatric confinement is a thing, it's still extremely hard to get someone into the hospital without their consent even if they are talking about killing themselves.

You need to do whatever you can to support your family member if you truly care about them. You might be the only one who cares. Dealing with depressed people isn't easy and most people just kinda give up. I know so because I've been depressed in the past, and still am at times, and have dealt with a friend who was once deeply depressed. Depression is a horrible thing.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4504 on: April 19, 2015, 05:31:33 pm »

I hope the Star Wars Rebels season 2 trailer was added to that list. Rebels Season 2 is like The Clone Wars version of Batman Beyond - so many returning characters and plot threads!

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4505 on: April 19, 2015, 08:14:00 pm »
Star wars: Rouge one

jumping in now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NELx1y8cr1M

First of the Star wars stand alone films.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4506 on: April 19, 2015, 09:08:33 pm »
So two Starwars films a year apart, Marvel, Xmen, DC Comics movies coming next year?

Good time to be a sci-fi/comic fan.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4507 on: April 19, 2015, 09:13:27 pm »
Also, the stand alone Star Wars films are referred to as "Anthology Films" now instead of spin-offs. Which makes sense, because they really aren't spinning off from the main series. Characters could be new, or they could be returning and events could take place at any point in time.

I'd love love LOVE to see an Obi-Wan on Tatooine movie, filmed in the style of a classic western.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4508 on: April 21, 2015, 10:32:56 am »
Anyone that states Wikipedia is realiable beyond featured articles is wrong.

Just got banned and seen a page being locked, although I was right, because another user was more "established" than me.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4509 on: April 21, 2015, 11:04:03 am »

Just got banned and seen a page being locked, although I was right, because another user was more "established" than me.

Do tell, I want all the hot, steamy gossip.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4510 on: April 21, 2015, 11:23:50 am »
Do tell, I want all the hot, steamy gossip.
It's about this table of major portuguese football honours, right.

Benfica fans have a superiority complex. They have to be bigger (higher seating stadium), louder (have their own channel to show their games) and better. Problem is the "better" aspect. Obviously they are not the best at every single aspect, neither is any other club, but their fans are convinced they are.
As such, it's impossible for a Benfica fan to think that their club isn't the most titled one.

Unfortunatelly for them, it isn't. They are one title short of Porto.
So these two guys edited this table, and inclued "competitions" they won. Problem is, these competitions were unnofficial invitation-only events.
After a lot of editing and trying to contact said users on talk pages (every attempt was deleted) I was banned and the page locked with the incorrect information on display.
They go as far as to count a friendly game between Benfica and a second-tier club as a title, counting as much as a Champions League trophy win.

In my opinion it is pointless to count a total number of titles because each has it's own importance, the total means nothing (even if my club has more).
Either way, I really don't give two shits.
SEG4GES

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4511 on: April 21, 2015, 12:03:20 pm »

If it isn't sourced, then I don't generally accept it.

I use Wikipedia for research on some topics, but I never pull from wiki itself, just the sources down at the footnotes.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #4512 on: April 22, 2015, 01:02:31 am »
Depression is horrible. The most you can do is talk with them and support them. If they are talking about killing themselves the you gotta get them help.

Every country is different, but even in the US, where involuntary psychiatric confinement is a thing, it's still extremely hard to get someone into the hospital without their consent even if they are talking about killing themselves.

You need to do whatever you can to support your family member if you truly care about them. You might be the only one who cares. Dealing with depressed people isn't easy and most people just kinda give up. I know so because I've been depressed in the past, and still am at times, and have dealt with a friend who was once deeply depressed. Depression is a horrible thing.
thanks will. A lot has happened since and i took a bit of your advice. I think the mistake ive made was to try to find solutions. But forgot about actually understanding. Sometimes people simply want  to be understood instead of having solutions thrown at them. I hope it made the person feel better..

Its true that people give up. Its at times like this when you find out who really cares. Tho i can understand both sides. Theres a lot of negative energy so I cant really blame someone who's doing well and feelin good, not wanting to be brought down to that same level. Usually I when I go through hard times, i try my best to not bother anyone with it. All good will is welcome though
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:10:57 am by CrazyT »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4513 on: April 22, 2015, 10:41:37 am »
If it isn't sourced, then I don't generally accept it.

I use Wikipedia for research on some topics, but I never pull from wiki itself, just the sources down at the footnotes.
Truth containing post.
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4514 on: April 22, 2015, 03:44:08 pm »
Joss Whedon on leaving Marvel:

"It's only going to have more characters and be longer and be a bigger movie ... I feel like I'm trying to grow up. And when I look at this movie, there are some things in here I can say, 'This is a step forward,' and then there are other things I'm like, 'Is this a giant step back? Is this me running in place?' And if I were to shepherd an enormous — I mean really enormous, two-part mega monstrosity — I don't think I'd have the opportunity to grow as an artist. I apologize for using that phrase. I feel like I need a different challenge other than, 'Oh my God, that's huge.'

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/22/8468945/joss-whedon-on-why-he-still-doesnt-want-to-be-part-of-the-avengers

Sorta my way of thinking for Avengers: Age of Ultron. I don't even care about Thor, Black Widow or Hawkeye since the last movie and now they have Quick Silver, Scarlett Witch and The Vision to flesh out plus the main cast that barely has depth (see: The Hulk). I can see why he quit. When I watch Avengers it just seems like 2 hour long toy commercial with no depth in character development.