Author Topic: I made this.  (Read 89443 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: I made this.
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2012, 11:53:14 pm »
Practicing my rendering skills.. did this with a crappy mechanical pencil, my hand hurts :p and photo doesn't do it justice, but oh well, it's definitely not very good, but I'm happy with it, I was learning as i was rendering it, and comparing it to the photo, im seeing things I did wrong, and now I know what to look for next time I render something.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2012, 06:50:29 pm »
was a drawing machine today

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2012, 04:15:17 pm »
Keep up the drawing, Will! It's the only way to improve, you're already getting better since last time I saw your stuff.

I made this:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 04:17:05 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2012, 04:19:55 pm »
Keep up the drawing, Will! It's the only way to improve, you're already getting better since last time I saw your stuff.

I made this:

http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/colorized_small.jpg

Professor pickles nose looks too pink to me, otherwise it looks like a great cartoon drawing.

and thanks! Sometimes it's hard to find motivation, but I think I've gotten past the point where I constantly think i suck...

a rose i started drawing earlier today, it's not done yet. You might of see it already too, since i posted it on instagram/twitter.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2012, 03:54:37 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhAy02LjMn4[/youtube]

Hope this works...

Awesome!

Not sure if you know this fellow SEGA site, but Radio SEGA has a library of SEGA music as well as fan made stuff. If you let them know of your efforts, I am sure they will credit you if they add them to the library as well as play your stuff in their podcasts!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2012, 01:41:19 am »
Awesome!

Not sure if you know this fellow SEGA site, but Radio SEGA has a library of SEGA music as well as fan made stuff. If you let them know of your efforts, I am sure they will credit you if they add them to the library as well as play your stuff in their podcasts!

Will have to check it out. That is of course if someone didn't do that already. I've had that happen plenty of times (even in the workplace) by brown nosing opportunists.

Beside that, I've never heard of Radio Sega. Could you elaborate a little? This is the absolute first time I've shared any of my music with any online forum/fansite

In previous years, I've had others take credit for some of my artwork and such. Take my image and splash something ugly on it and say it was theirs. The video I took with my phone is tough to fake as I had not only my logged in profile on the Segabits forums and the editor running the original source project all at once... One very tall tale would be needed to lie about all of it when I think about it.

Might have to Google them up. I have an entire album of various games over the years and a couple more traditional songs that meant a lot to me.

Is this like some last.fm or constant stream I would have to host? Other than music sales via Bandcamp, this is honestly all new to me.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2012, 04:04:31 pm »
I didn't "make" this, but I did rearrange all my Sonic figures so I could fit in the new Charmy and Blaze figures that I picked up today:

I fucking love displaying things. Give me a collection and some shelves and I could play for hours with various ways to display the stuff.

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2012, 10:58:28 pm »
^^^

Wicked!
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2013, 04:01:21 pm »
I made my business website (using a Wordpress) www.redfeatherphotography.co.uk

I also edited every image on the site and created all the text.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2013, 01:39:54 am »
I made my business website (using a Wordpress) www.redfeatherphotography.co.uk

I also edited every image on the site and created all the text.

Website looks great. Did you code the template yourself or did you edit an existing one? Doesn't matter either way, just curious.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2013, 07:01:32 am »
Will have to check it out. That is of course if someone didn't do that already. I've had that happen plenty of times (even in the workplace) by brown nosing opportunists.

Beside that, I've never heard of Radio Sega. Could you elaborate a little? This is the absolute first time I've shared any of my music with any online forum/fansite

It's a site where they dedicate music from SEGA and probably have a license to do so. Many of the users there seem to be from the UK, but there are Americans who moderate the site.

If you hit one of the mods up with your music and your hobbies, then perhaps you can be a DJ over there? You can play all the music you've created in your podcasts!

They may even give you the unique title "SEGA Musician" if you show them the many mixes you have done....they seem to be lacking a lot of Panzer Dragoon Remixes over there so you would definitely fit in/looked up to if you can make remixes of very obscure SEGA games.

In previous years, I've had others take credit for some of my artwork and such. Take my image and splash something ugly on it and say it was theirs. The video I took with my phone is tough to fake as I had not only my logged in profile on the Segabits forums and the editor running the original source project all at once... One very tall tale would be needed to lie about all of it when I think about it.

Might have to Google them up. I have an entire album of various games over the years and a couple more traditional songs that meant a lot to me.

Is this like some last.fm or constant stream I would have to host? Other than music sales via Bandcamp, this is honestly all new to me.

That sucks, perhaps you could protect your works via the Copyright Act? (I think it' called CC or something for fan works)

It streams music, has podcasts of said streams, etc....the forums are the place to promote your new podcast should you decide to do one for them....despite the forums being a small place (probably only a little bit bigger then here), they have 1,600 followers of their podcasts....so you would definitely have potential for others to hear you.

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2013, 03:30:51 pm »
It's a site where they dedicate music from SEGA and probably have a license to do so. Many of the users there seem to be from the UK, but there are Americans who moderate the site.

If you hit one of the mods up with your music and your hobbies, then perhaps you can be a DJ over there? You can play all the music you've created in your podcasts!

They may even give you the unique title "SEGA Musician" if you show them the many mixes you have done....they seem to be lacking a lot of Panzer Dragoon Remixes over there so you would definitely fit in/looked up to if you can make remixes of very obscure SEGA games.

That sucks, perhaps you could protect your works via the Copyright Act? (I think it' called CC or something for fan works)

It streams music, has podcasts of said streams, etc....the forums are the place to promote your new podcast should you decide to do one for them....despite the forums being a small place (probably only a little bit bigger then here), they have 1,600 followers of their podcasts....so you would definitely have potential for others to hear you.

The latest projects I've been working on is some music from Alex Kidd (SMS) and Out Run. I really want to remix some Saturn titles but all the above was from memory of how much I played the game (and some awful YouTube game footage) I have a second NiGHTS theme in the works but it's on a rather rough start.

I simply love remixing and re-arranging game music as a guilty pleasure, more tunes may show up in this topic sooner or later.  8)

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2013, 07:27:00 am »
The latest projects I've been working on is some music from Alex Kidd (SMS) and Out Run. I really want to remix some Saturn titles but all the above was from memory of how much I played the game (and some awful YouTube game footage) I have a second NiGHTS theme in the works but it's on a rather rough start.

I simply love remixing and re-arranging game music as a guilty pleasure, more tunes may show up in this topic sooner or later.  8)

Awesome! So did you check out the site yet?

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2013, 10:29:16 pm »
Awesome! So did you check out the site yet?

I've been lurking so far. Once I get a few more songs wrapped up between work and other things, I may put a few up there. I have been trying to reproduce Alex Kidd in more of a heavy rock beat.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2013, 07:31:46 am »
Y'know, ungibbed, SEGAbits would be happy to share your tunes on the front page.  ;)

Not that we're trying to compete with... what were they called? SEGA Radio? Radio Say-Guh?

Could feature some in a Tuesday Tunes, or share them as a "Fan Made" post.  :D