Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 462890 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
SEGA has sold Relic Entertainment, and will cut 240 roles across Sega Europe, Creative Assembly, and Sega HARDlight

Relic is best known for the Company of Heroes and Dawn of War games, and recently developed the new Age of Empires for Microsoft. Relic will transition to an independent studio and will no-longer be part of the Sega group of studios.
The majority of the 240 job cuts are across Creative Assembly and Sega Europe, while there will be a ‘small number’ cut from Sega HARDLight. There was no mention of other Sega UK studios, including Two Point Studios and Sports Interactive.
Creative Assembly had already suffered a range of redundancies following the cancellation of its Hyenas project last year.
“Sega is working closely with Relic on this shift, and we wish them the best for the future,” wrote Jurgen Post, who is the newly appointed head of Sega Europe.
“I want to sincerely apologise for the worry and understandable distress this news will cause, particularly for those directly affected. These decisions have been incredibly tough to make, and they follow meticulous consideration and deliberation with ...

Article : https://www.gamesindustry.biz/sega-sells-relic-and-will-cut-240-jobs-across-uk-studios

Offline Berto

I doubt they'#ll bother to add a new team because it would cause some imbalances.
Besides, they could have added Tails as a playable character in Sonic Colours Ultimate but they didn't.

Well, it won't matter anymore. Turned out the leak isn't true. Sonic Heroes Remake was "considered", not "developed".
But who knows if SEGA would change their mind someday.

This reminds me of when we talked about "Sega aesthetics" last year.

I do love the light color approach.

"SEGA has established itself as a world leader within the video games industry"
Wow Sega, humble much?
They were on top in the nineties, fell in two-thousand, abducted by aliens in 2005 and while they're well recognised as game developers they were never as on top as when they made consoles.

Sorry Sega, but PlayStation and Nintendo still have you beat.

Well, he is the licensing and partnerships director.
It's his job to boost the company's and the franchises' image to make more licensing partners.

Offline Berto

Sonic Speed Simulator - Metal City Skate Park + Wave, Riders Sonic & Jet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsAyJbnE_1g

Offline Berto

Sonic Dash - Jester Sonic Gameplay Showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0zSTPnbf0o

▬ Character Overview  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jester Sonic - Legendary - 150 Cards to Unlock
Dash: 12 - 403 Cards - 426.000 Rings
Multiplier: 9 - 133 Cards - 144.000 Rings
Magnet: 9 - 133 Cards - 144.000 Rings
Shield: 10 - 193 Cards  - 213.600 Rings
Headstart: 12 - 403 Cards - 426.000 Rings
Total:  52 - 1265 Cards - 1.353.600 Rings

Sources :
https://twitter.com/SonicWindBlue/status/1774079961973879258
https://twitter.com/AppleSauce2_0/status/1773695339758837949

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Well, it won't matter anymore. Turned out the leak isn't true. Sonic Heroes Remake was "considered", not "developed".
But who knows if SEGA would change their mind someday.
If I was Sonic Team, or the very least had the opportunity to drop at least a suggestion that Sonic Team will guarantee listen to, my suggestion would be SXSG would be the absolute ideal opportunity to introduce "Dreamcast Sonic" as well as third new acts to the nine stages to accommodate Dreamcast Sonic's action-adventure gameplay.
In introducing Dreamcast Sonic, this will...
  • ...allow even more fresh content into Sonic Generations. Dreamcast Sonic along with Shadow's content would practically give a third or twice as much new content added to Sonic Generations.
  • ...allow Sonic Team to see how the audience will take to a Sonic with a more dated gameplay without compromising Modern Sonic's reputation.
  • ...introduce GenZ Sonic Fans who never played the Dreamcast games to this style of Sonic gameplay without confusing him with Modern Sonic and his gameplay (even if most zoomers have played the digital re-reeases) without contradicting Modern Sonic's established gameplay.
  • ...if Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 will get remastered, wouldn't Dreamcast Sonic be ideal to star in this games over Sonic himself?
But not only would I suggest Dreamcast Sonic for SXSG, but I would also advice to Sonic Team that if they were to remaster the Dreamcast-era games then they should plot out a campaign strategy in development and marketing for all the Dreamcast-remasters collectively than just one at a time. Things like:
  • If Ryan Drummond and the Dreamcast-era voice-actors will reprise their roles, but their managers or actors unions ask for specific conditions or payments over Roger Craig Smith and the Modern-era voice actors, then Sonic Team should carefully plan the contract for what number of games they will voice for and for how much. The contracts may not offer employment with Studiopolis to the Dreamcast-era voice actors but, like a Work for Hire contract, can offer a "lent" position for a set number of games for a set price. Still likely be more pricey than what Studiopolis gets, but it would only be for a few games and promotions agreed upon which would be worthwhile for the Dreamcast-era fans.
  • How much content will be "recycled" for development between games. For example, I wouldn't oppose if a remaster of Sonic Adventure 2 reused programming, character models and assets from Sonic Adventure 1 as long as the remaster is faithful to the stories and locations. This is the same for whenever or not Sonic Team would release a Sonic Adventure 3. I would not oppose if they recycle it from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 as long as a new story is told. I don't think recycling content from past games is a bad thing and can save time and money in development as long as the game is finished and enjoyable. (I think Sonic Forces could have saved a lot of development time and get better results if Sonic Team simply recycled it from Sonic Generations.)
  • What other promotions and side-features this Dreamcast-remaster campaign would have as well as it's cost. For example, would there be a "Chao Adventure 3"? How would it work? (I like to imagine Chao Adventure 3 a satnav mobile game like Pokémon Go!), Will retro-bit offer Dreamcast controllers for promotion? (Or the very least, Dreamcast-style Saturn Pro Controllers.)
So yeah, if Takashi Iizuka genuinely-truly does want to remake the Dreamcast-era games someday, it would make sense if Sonic Team carefully planned out all those games under a marketing campaign than just individually one at a time. And establishing Dreamcast Sonic to star in those games would allow these Adventure remakes to be as "major-side games" as Sonic Mania, Origins and Superstars are with Classic Sonic without causing too much confusing with Modern Sonic's current style.
I do love the light color approach.
The warm lighting amongst the train interior is both comforting and nostalgic.
Well, he is the licensing and partnerships director.
It's his job to boost the company's and the franchises' image to make more licensing partners.
Let's just hope those licencing partners can't google.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 07:23:15 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

If I was Sonic Team, or the very least had the opportunity to drop at least a suggestion that Sonic Team will guarantee listen to, my suggestion would be SXSG would be the absolute ideal opportunity to introduce "Dreamcast Sonic" as well as third new acts to the nine stages to accommodate Dreamcast Sonic's action-adventure gameplay.
In introducing Dreamcast Sonic, this will...
  • ...allow even more fresh content into Sonic Generations. Dreamcast Sonic along with Shadow's content would practically give a third or twice as much new content added to Sonic Generations.
  • ...allow Sonic Team to see how the audience will take to a Sonic with a more dated gameplay without compromising Modern Sonic's reputation.
  • ...introduce GenZ Sonic Fans who never played the Dreamcast games to this style of Sonic gameplay without confusing him with Modern Sonic and his gameplay (even if most zoomers have played the digital re-reeases) without contradicting Modern Sonic's established gameplay.
  • ...if Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 will get remastered, wouldn't Dreamcast Sonic be ideal to star in this games over Sonic himself?
But not only would I suggest Dreamcast Sonic for SXSG, but I would also advice to Sonic Team that if they were to remaster the Dreamcast-era games then they should plot out a campaign strategy in development and marketing for all the Dreamcast-remasters collectively than just one at a time. Things like:
  • If Ryan Drummond and the Dreamcast-era voice-actors will reprise their roles, but their managers or actors unions ask for specific conditions or payments over Roger Craig Smith and the Modern-era voice actors, then Sonic Team should carefully plan the contract for what number of games they will voice for and for how much. The contracts may not offer employment with Studiopolis to the Dreamcast-era voice actors but, like a Work for Hire contract, can offer a "lent" position for a set number of games for a set price. Still likely be more pricey than what Studiopolis gets, but it would only be for a few games and promotions agreed upon which would be worthwhile for the Dreamcast-era fans.
  • How much content will be "recycled" for development between games. For example, I wouldn't oppose if a remaster of Sonic Adventure 2 reused programming, character models and assets from Sonic Adventure 1 as long as the remaster is faithful to the stories and locations. This is the same for whenever or not Sonic Team would release a Sonic Adventure 3. I would not oppose if they recycle it from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 as long as a new story is told. I don't think recycling content from past games is a bad thing and can save time and money in development as long as the game is finished and enjoyable. (I think Sonic Forces could have saved a lot of development time and get better results if Sonic Team simply recycled it from Sonic Generations.)
  • What other promotions and side-features this Dreamcast-remaster campaign would have as well as it's cost. For example, would there be a "Chao Adventure 3"? How would it work? (I like to imagine Chao Adventure 3 a satnav mobile game like Pokémon Go!), Will retro-bit offer Dreamcast controllers for promotion? (Or the very least, Dreamcast-style Saturn Pro Controllers.)
So yeah, if Takashi Iizuka genuinely-truly does want to remake the Dreamcast-era games someday, it would make sense if Sonic Team carefully planned out all those games under a marketing campaign than just individually one at a time. And establishing Dreamcast Sonic to star in those games would allow these Adventure remakes to be as "major-side games" as Sonic Mania, Origins and Superstars are with Classic Sonic without causing too much confusing with Modern Sonic's current style.

SXSG surely would be the absolute ideal opportunity to introduce "Dreamcast Sonic" but I think their focus right now is more on Shadow and less of Sonic.
"Dreamcast Sonic" may be considered, but it wasn't their focus right now so nost likey it would be shelved.
Gotta focus on Shadow while the third movie is still on hype.

For remakes, I'd prefer if they started with SA Remake and SA2 Remake before going jump into Heroes Remake.

Let's just hope those licencing partners can't google.

If it's just quick search it's still safe, especially if the results are arcade related.
SEGA is still king of the arcades afterall.

Offline Berto

Sonic Speed Simulator - 🐰EASTER

🐰EASTER IS HERE! Easter Sonic and Easter Cream🐰

◉ Travel many the worlds to collect Easter Eggs to unlock new rewards!
◉ Easter Sonic and Easter Cream Skins along with the first appearance of Cheese the Chao!
◉ MEGA SALE: 10 skins on sale including: Magical Girl Blaze, Tuxedo Classic Sonic, Werehog + More
◉ MEGA BUNDLE: 10 skins available in this bundle including Chaos Sonic, Racesuit Amy, Dread, Gold Vector + More
◉ Raceshop content update FT: Racesuit Cream and Toy Robot Cream

Link : https://www.roblox.com/games/9049840490/EASTER-Sonic-Speed-Simulator

Offline Berto

15% any in-stock items at First 4 Figures with coupon code "GOODFRIDAY15".
Ends April 2nd, 2024

Eligible Sonic the Hedgehog and Shadow the Hedgehog items: 
- Sonic 30th Annv. Exclusive ($78 off)
- Sonic 30th Annv. Definitive ($85 off)
- Super Shadow Exclusive Edition ($79 off)
- Sonic PVC Exclusive ($19 off) 

Must be logged into your F4F account to redeem : https://bit.ly/49foPyr

Offline Berto

Sonic Project 06 - Character Bio: Rouge the Bat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvhKJMBm3Fs

Offline Berto

SEGA VS CAPCOM: THE NEXT LEVEL (Fan Game) - BETA 2 INFO

- Release by SUMMER
- 4 characters available! (Sonic, Akira Yuki, X, Ryu)
- New stages!
- Easier commands and buttons
- Online VS available
- Added CPU for players to fight
- Training mode fixed

Source : https://twitter.com/segavscapcom/status/1774421420975571158

Offline Berto

« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 07:34:30 pm by Berto »

Offline Berto

PlayStation Store’s Spring Sale 2024 includes thousands of discounted games

At the time of publishing, the Spring Sale includes 3,724 items in the US and 3,700 items in the UK.
The promotion will be refreshed on April 10, when some deals will be replaced by new offers. The sale is running until April 24 at 11.59pm PDT/BST.
On the hardware front, Sony is also offering discounts of up to $50/£70 on PS5 consoles until March 31 via PlayStation Direct (US/UK).
If you’re thinking of picking up a ...

Article : https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/playstation-stores-spring-sale-includes-thousands-of-discounted-games/

Offline Berto

Series 5 of Just Toys' Sonic the Hedgehog backpack hangers have been revealed and are available on Amazon!

They have glow-in-the-dark and real gold chase variants as well!

Link : https://t.co/GndofoXw5w

Offline Berto

Knuckles is April 2024's Coin of the Month!

Available from the SEGA Shop throughout April for just £1.99/€1.99 when bought with another product (usually £4.99/€4.99).
Add him to your Easter Sale baskets today! (Link below)

Link : https://www.segashop.co.uk/collections/easter-sale