Author Topic: Wonder boy developers near bankruptcy  (Read 20558 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Wonder boy developers near bankruptcy
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 08:29:41 am »
Exactly. It would likely be in Sega's interest to purchase the company from bankruptcy to get those copyrights, even if they do not want the company itself. Otherwise they would never be able to release any of the Wonder Boy games on any compilations.

Yes but i wouldn't hold my breath...but that's exactly what they should do since they keep making money from WONDERBOY and MONSTER WORLD. I think Sega can release the old titles but not any new versions...Westone wasn't involved in the releases of the compilations it was M2 that did the coding for those games...But on a rights issue...yes Westone should have had some involvement.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 08:38:49 am »
Again you haven't proved that Sega just owns WONDERBOY.

No we've just shown  you the interview with the company founder and his would know better than you or I . And for the Wonder Boy In Monsterland . Boot it up on the Master System the see Westmore logo then and SEGA just trademarking the reprogramming rights .

Westone wasn't involved in the releases of the compilations it was M2 that did the coding for those

LOL. Westone logo and copyright are on the back of the Wonderboy Sega ages PS2 game .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 08:51:04 am »

No we've just shown  you the interview with the company founder and his would know better than you or I . And for the Wonder Boy In Monsterland . Boot it up on the Master System the see Westmore logo then and SEGA just trademarking the reprogramming rights .
Wrong all you have shown is him talking about Hudson..then mentions Sega and then they own three copyrights. Since there was more than three WONDERBOY game and more than three MONSTER WORLD and MONSTERLAND titles i doubt he was talking about them. Second i just showed you the copyrights on steam..that's it. Stop trying to cause another argument on something you haven't proven.

LOL. Westone logo and copyright are on the back of the Wonderboy Sega ages PS2 game .

But Westone didn't make the compilation for Sega, M2 did. As i explained before they own the game rights so of course they would get a mention. Treasure wasn't that much involved in the GUNSTAR HEROES TREASURE BOX compilation either yet their logo was plastered around the box.

Copyright is for Sega..Original game copyright is for Westone..exactly as its always been.  ::)

Boot it up on the Master System the see Westmore logo then and SEGA just trademarking the reprogramming rights

Don't you get tired of being wrong?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:26:06 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 09:03:06 am »
But Westone didn't make the compilation for Sega, M2 did.

That's for the reprogramming lol. Capcom didn't programme Strider or Mercs on the Mega Drive but they still retain the rights to the games . M2 do lot reprogramming for classic games that doesn't mean they or SEGA hold rights to the original source code .

You're just again all over the shop

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 09:07:01 am »

That's for the reprogramming lol. Capcom didn't programme Strider or Mercs on the Mega Drive but they still retain the rights to the games . M2 do lot reprogramming for classic games that doesn't mean they or SEGA hold rights to the original source code .

You're just again all over the shop

But i never said they did. You were the one who was trying to suggest that Westone was involved in the game and i said they weren't. And i proved they weren't. No you are the one who is all over the shop..the bathroom..the toilet and leaving a horrible...smelly mess..all over this forum.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 09:27:07 am »
You were the one who was trying to suggest that Westone was involved in the game and i said they weren't.

Again

Westone are in the game in that they allowed the games to be ported by M2 as they own the rights to the original code . Otherwise SEGA or M2 wouldn't have to give any credit to Westone . Like what was said other than the name/title Wonderboy SEGA owns no other rights , not even the rights to the look of the game characters .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 09:47:53 am »

Again

Westone are in the game in that they allowed the games to be ported by M2 as they own the rights to the original code . Otherwise SEGA or M2 wouldn't have to give any credit to Westone . Like what was said other than the name/title Wonderboy SEGA owns no other rights , not even the rights to the look of the game characters .

Yawn..that's like you were saying Sega was only involved in Bay 2 by giving them permission to let Nintendo make the game. Regardless that Sega had more than the involvement of letting them make the game.

You were wrong on ALL you're points. And now you are trying this little tactic. Get lost kid and stop WASTING my time.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 09:58:21 am »
that's like you were saying Sega was only involved in Bay 2 by giving them permission to let Nintendo make the gam

Well that's exactly what happened . SEGA hold the IP rights and allowed the game to be made and get their name in the credits . Just like Westone did for M2 SEGA Ages Wonderboy collection

You were wrong on ALL you're points.

I think you'll find you are and its quite clear to anyone who reads Retro Gamer special with Westone . Still you know more than Westone which just about says it all

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 09:59:08 am »
Here's how it works. Sega want to release their old games on a new system, in this case Wonder Boy. They own the IP of the game, but not the actual code. So if they want to release the game again, they need to either get M2 to recreate the game using completely original code (which would be a waste of time) or license the original code from Westone and then M2 can modify it to work on the newer systems. Thus, Westone would require a credit. Also why Sega should buy Westone.

Edit: An example of how this can go wrong is why you will never see Goldeneye on Nintendo's virtual console. They own the game, Rare own the original code and until last year Activision owned the 007 license. Very messy if you want to put the title out again.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:02:55 am by TruthEnigma »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 10:09:01 am »

Wrong TA... the article is clearly talking about how Westone can make Adventure Island without running into problems with Sega over their games. He explains it that Sega owns the IP westone owns the code..which is why Hudson could publish the Adventure Island games without any hassle because they own the codes. Adventure Island is based off of WONDERBOY..not MONSTER WORLD..they are completly different but similar. Adventure Island plays like WONDERBOY 1. So don't bother using that as an example that Sega doesn't own MONSTER WORLD either when i just showed you copyrights that they do own it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:13:58 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 10:15:49 am »

Well that's exactly what happened . SEGA hold the IP rights and allowed the game to be made and get their name in the credits . Just like Westone did for M2 SEGA Ages Wonderboy collection

Apart from the fact that Sega PAID for development to start on Bay 2 and had a bit more of an active role than just simply getting their name on the credits. Try again.

I think you'll find you are and its quite clear to anyone who reads Retro Gamer special with Westone . Still you know more than Westone which just about says it all

No i find its clear that you haven't the intellect to understand what someone is talking about. Quite obvious from the capcom topic to the Yakuza and now this....

Offline ROJM

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2014, 10:20:17 am »
Here's how it works. Sega want to release their old games on a new system, in this case Wonder Boy. They own the IP of the game, but not the actual code. So if they want to release the game again, they need to either get M2 to recreate the game using completely original code (which would be a waste of time) or license the original code from Westone and then M2 can modify it to work on the newer systems. Thus, Westone would require a credit. Also why Sega should buy Westone.

Edit: An example of how this can go wrong is why you will never see Goldeneye on Nintendo's virtual console. They own the game, Rare own the original code and until last year Activision owned the 007 license. Very messy if you want to put the title out again.

Let's put an end to all this right now...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211209/
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA, the SEGA logo and WONDER BOY IN MONSTER LAND are either registered
trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation.

Read it and Fing weep. You can't get more official than that. But TA will just find another way to argue a case he has lost with out backing his claims and being proven wrong by two people now.

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 10:42:38 am »
You are absolutely correct. Wonder Boy in Monster Land is owned by Sega. Because the original code is owned by Westone, if Sega wanted to re-release the game on another format without prior consent of Westone, M2 would need to recreate the game from scratch using completely original code, rather than just porting it using Westone's original code for the game as the base. If they used even one line of Westone's code without consent, they would be in a very actionable position.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 10:46:07 am »
You are absolutely correct. Wonder Boy in Monster Land is owned by Sega. Because the original code is owned by Westone, if Sega wanted to re-release the game on another format without prior consent of Westone, M2 would need to recreate the game from scratch using completely original code, rather than just porting it using Westone's original code for the game as the base. If they used even one line of Westone's code without consent, they would be in a very actionable position.
Exactumundo. Now we estabilshed this in the first page. Can you be bothered to argue the same exact point...with the evidence that proves our point to someone whose only answer is No and no real evidence to back his claims up on two more pages on this topic?
TA is just a troll..i hope you are beginning to realise that..

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 11:58:21 am »
Exactumundo. Now we estabilshed this in the first page. Can you be bothered to argue the same exact point...with the evidence that proves our point to someone whose only answer is No and no real evidence to back his claims up on two more pages on this topic?

No just a interview with developer of the actual games and Moster games did come out on other systems.They came out on the PC-Eng and PC Eng CD-Rom . SEGA just owns to the IP rights to the name , the acutal IP rights for the game belongs to Westsone

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is