Author Topic: The Game i've been waiting 15 years to play  (Read 4734 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
The Game i've been waiting 15 years to play
« on: December 11, 2013, 04:44:18 pm »
Yup, it's true, i've been waiting 15 long years to play a beloved Playstation game. The first and only time i played this game was 15 years ago back in 1998 when this game was released. I was at a friends, younger brother's, friend's bday party. This kid, who i had no idea who he was had a Playstation as did i. In his living room, i remember seeing about 50 Playstation games lined up in a book shelf. I asked him how he could afford soo many games and he stated that his dad worked at Sony, so he got all of the games including the console for free. That day, his dad came home from work and handed him a copy of a new game that had been released. That game was "Jersey Devil" I ended up playing that game for about 3 hours that day because the kid hated it, he though it was boring, and i was in love with it.

Not sure what it was about this game, that made me want to play it for hours on end. Eventually i went home and i never saw it again. Being 10 at the time, there was no way i could afford a $50 game. I grew up in a 1 bedroom house with 7 sibilings, so asking my parents for a new game was definitely not possible. I've looked for this game for years, but i could never find a copy. Most of the copies on Ebay went for too much back in the day, and it can still be pricey sometimes. So one day i finally spotted an used copy on Ebay going for $10. Sure enough, i won the auction. I finally got my copy a few months ago only to find that my PS2 was no longer working.

Initially i had assumed it was the game because i received it in horrible condition. I ended up testing it on my bro's PS3 and sure enough, the game worked. The only issue now was i didn't have a damn console to play it on. The PS3 i have is from Japan, it's backwards compatible, but it only plays Japanese PS1 and PS2 games.. So, i ended up buying a used PS1 from Ebay.

The auction for that Playstation ended Nov. 24. It had been 5 days without a status update on the console, so i figured i'd contact the seller. The guy claimed he forgot to mail it out because he was in the middle of moving houses.. He finally shipped it out on Dec. 1st. I've been waiting in anticipation for weeks now. I keep checking the tracking on it, but there hasn't been an update since December 7th. It was scheduled to arrive yesterday, but it didn't. After all of these years, i still haven't managed to relive a childhood memory. I'm only hoping that when it does arrive, the playstation actually works. Here's hoping that it shows up sometime this week.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: The Game i've been waiting 15 years to play
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:53:35 pm »
Congrats man.

Although if you're ever that desperate for a PS2 game or console you could always emulate it. Not sure how good your computer is though. PS2 emulation does require a beefy comp. 

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 10:30:41 am »
You know, i'm not gonna lie. I tried to emulate Jersey Devil on a PSX emulator and the audio didn't work, one of the best things about this game is the soundtrack, so i stopped right at the intro.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 12:23:02 pm »
Haha, I know that feel bro. 

Good luck with the delivery man. Hope it happens soon.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 07:20:26 am »
If the guy hated it so much, why didn't you offer to buy it from him for $30/40? D:

A used Playstation eh? Surprised no one around your area didn't want to give you theirs if they don't play it anymore. XD That sucks anyway.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 07:22:24 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 10:44:40 am »
Well, i didn't know the kid so i didn't want to ask him to sell it to me. I'm sure i wouldn't have been able to afford it as well, since i was 10.

Also, hardly anyone i know has an old PSOne anymore, everyone is up to next gen. My old PSOne died a few years back and now my PS2 is apparently dead. I'll have to test it as soon as i unbox some of my PS2 games though.

All of this trouble could've been saved has Sony just ported a digital copy of this damn game on PSN, haha.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 12:54:56 pm »
Finally got an update, it should be waiting for me when i get home from work today!!!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 11:50:08 am »

The Space Station is here. Just saw the intro of the game last night, will play it tonight after work.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 05:43:44 am »

The Space Station is here. Just saw the intro of the game last night, will play it tonight after work.

Random question but WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE ZUMBA FITNESS THERE! D:
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 12:00:04 am »
Random question but WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE ZUMBA FITNESS THERE! D:

It's my wife's dude, haha.