Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic  (Read 218172 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2011, 05:20:51 am »
Give it a chance,mate, they've only just announced the game.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2011, 05:29:31 am »
The units having an impact on the characters looks is just awesome.
pretty much everything ive seen about this game so far looks awesome, apart from the forest textures, they could really have been better.

The other locations look fine... its not a game breaker but it could look nicer.

Yeah everything about the game looks and sound awesome, bar the textures and the lack of any news of console and multi formats. It be nice if SEGA could fix those and regain the on-line Crown from Moster Hunter . Be nice 'if' there is to be a Vita version it can work with the PS3 version , like with Wipeout: Where Vita and PS3 users can link up and race together
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2011, 07:07:49 am »
I'm hoping it stays PC only, not only the PC offers more freedom when it comes to updates (in the PC SEGA doesn't have to deal with Sony or Microsoft), also, having less platforms means it'll be easier to update the game, which could mean that the english version might be able to keep a reasonable update rate, unlike the previous online phantasy star games.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2011, 07:15:05 am »
Of course they have to deal with Microsoft if they're using Windows to operate the game. Especially since the game will be using the windows logo on its pack.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2011, 07:29:43 am »
I'm hoping it stays PC only, not only the PC offers more freedom when it comes to updates (in the PC SEGA doesn't have to deal with Sony or Microsoft), also, having less platforms means it'll be easier to update the game, which could mean that the english version might be able to keep a reasonable update rate, unlike the previous online phantasy star games.

SEGA will be dealing with windows and Direct X for starts and these days it's just as easy to patch and update a console title as it a PC title - Yes you have to submit the patch to MS or SONY for approval , but on the other hand as part of the LIVE  MS test and evaluate code all the time (and so can help out)

Looking over all that, PSO main market is the consoles, so this will be coming to the consoles you can almost be sure of it. I just hope SEGA is wise enough to bring it to all the consoles (even Vita) to get its on-line crown back from MH and more so let the biggest amount of people enjoy what looks to be the best PSO game made in years and get back to what PSO did so well inthe 1st place - bringing consoles  RPG players around the world together in an Online adventure  where friendship & working together were key, rather than trying to kill each other

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2011, 03:57:47 pm »
Of course they have to deal with Microsoft if they're using Windows to operate the game. Especially since the game will be using the windows logo on its pack.
SEGA will be dealing with windows and Direct X for starts and these days it's just as easy to patch and update a console title as it a PC title - Yes you have to submit the patch to MS or SONY for approval , but on the other hand as part of the LIVE  MS test and evaluate code all the time (and so can help out)

Looking over all that, PSO main market is the consoles, so this will be coming to the consoles you can almost be sure of it. I just hope SEGA is wise enough to bring it to all the consoles (even Vita) to get its on-line crown back from MH and more so let the biggest amount of people enjoy what looks to be the best PSO game made in years and get back to what PSO did so well inthe 1st place - bringing consoles  RPG players around the world together in an Online adventure  where friendship & working together were key, rather than trying to kill each other
What I mean is that for updates/patches, in the consoles SEGA has to wait for Microsoft's or Sony's approval, while on the PC, if SEGA doesn't use clients like Steam or Games for Windows Live, they won't need anyone's approval for updates/patches.

So far looks like it will stay PC only, but I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA is waiting for the next generation of consoles to bring PSO2 to consoles.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2011, 02:58:55 am »
What I mean is that for updates/patches, in the consoles SEGA has to wait for Microsoft's or Sony's approval, while on the PC

Well looking at the games that are out on the PC and the consoles the pacthes comes with-in days of each other, so that isn't a issue . More of a issue would be the closed system nature of a console and the storage space

So far looks like it will stay PC only,

I would imagine the console versions are in the planning and the only hold ups are how SEGA would be able to charge a On-Line sub on the PS3/Vita and more so LIVE
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2011, 05:31:55 am »
What I mean is that for updates/patches, in the consoles SEGA has to wait for Microsoft's or Sony's approval, while on the PC, if SEGA doesn't use clients like Steam or Games for Windows Live, they won't need anyone's approval for updates/patches.

So far looks like it will stay PC only, but I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA is waiting for the next generation of consoles to bring PSO2 to consoles.
Well it wouldn't be called PSO 2 then if they waited for the next level of systems. By that time a PSO 2.2 or 3 would be out, i reckon.  And less whoring to other gamesystems the better,Sega doesn't need to imitate other publishers just because gaming zealots want them to act like the flavour of the month.

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2011, 08:28:07 am »
First alpha video, it probably won't stay on youtube for long, most likely SEGA is going to end up removing it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHUj6JBZ0u4#ws

Based on the video, I like the combat mechanics, the music transition, the only thing I didn't like was how spammable the dodge skill was to make the player go through more distance faster, there's 2 things that could fix that though, implement a running feature or make the dodge skill use PP.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2011, 08:59:09 am »
As it will probably be taken down, I've started downloading it before even watching it!

But it looks good so far! I hate the dodge spamming though.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2011, 09:51:38 am »
Everything about the art direction of the world and sound direction is exactly what I wanted, but the gameplay looks awful and generic. Why did they turn it into a shitty wannabe Bayonetta? I rather just play Bayonetta 2.

Like, I can understand why they would add dodge, but it looks awful and seriously makes the game look stupid because instead of having a run option, everyone will use that to get around. I suppose the jumping and basic platforming does not effect me too much, but they added all of this to the combat and it just could not fit worse.

Wasn't the whole point of Phantasy Star Online to explore worlds with your friends? I mean, the combat was just there to protect yourself... Not the main feature. I can understand Sonic Team misinterpreting Sonic's legacy, but not this... It is likely made by really similar people, too.

I would be embarrassed to play this around people honestly.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2011, 09:59:54 am »
Game looks amazing, just stunning. The visuals look better than anything I expected it to be, the music does justice to the name. but as Uranus said, even though i don't agree with all his points, the game needs a lot of work. I hope the alpha testers do a great job in giving their feedback

Also agree with ezdo, the dodge move is way too spammable
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:03:28 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2011, 10:13:29 am »
Its the Alpha test... they are absolutely bound to find problems in every area. Gameplay, graphics, bugs, balance... Everything.

There are a lot of MMOs that don't even get an Alpha they go straight into Open Beta. From what Sakai San said PSO2 will have Alpha in phases, Beta and open Beta... It has PLENTY of time to fix every problem found and thats the entire point of alpha/beta testing.

@Barry, hit me up with a link to that when its back on youtube!

@Sanus... Bayonetta mixed with PSO sound like my heaven. CRYMOAR!
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2011, 10:18:02 am »
Bayonetta mixed with PSO sound like my heaven. CRYMOAR!

But it is not what PSO was all about. It just looks like a shitty knockoff when it should be all about exploring with friends. More proof you just eat anything Sonic Team shits out regardless if they are respectful of the license or not.

Enjoy your shitty games that you align parallel in your basement.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2011, 10:29:10 am »
I dunno why you're saying Sonic Team when you reference the Developers...there is nothing Sonic about it.