Author Topic: Alien Isolation offers Season Pass: Game is now irredeemably shit.  (Read 13008 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Alien Isolation offers Season Pass: Game is now irredeemably shit.
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 05:46:05 am »
Yes but were not getting the FULL game. That's what everyone is in a hump about. BINARY DOMAIN and YAKUZA 3 between them took over 15 hours to complete and 19-20 hours to finish.
After this COLONIAL MARINES debacle..Sega shouldn't be pulling this type of thing when gameplayers are at a sort with them. If the reaction in here is anything to go by..then i wonder what the general reaction to other gamers about this is going to be.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 05:51:23 am »
Look we don't know that we not getting the full game > If the main game is brilliant and full of 10 hours of utter Alien brilliance and scares , do you really care about any DLC ?

I rather have 10 hours of top gameplay than 40 hours of boredom . The last game that came close to Alien type of tension/atmosphere was Enemy Zero . I'm busting to play a game that comes close to capturing Alien type looks and atmosphere
After this COLONIAL MARINES debacle.

That's the point isn't it ? . The main game was so poor and crap - No one cared about any extra's or DLC  the 1st 2 hours of gameplay killed the game . That's my point if CA nail the main game , that's all that counts in my book
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 05:53:52 am »
Come on DLC in today's market would have been part of the main game years and years ago. This isn't extra features..this is just paying for getting the other levels of the game on top of the money you have already paid for. To me that's not what gaming is meant to be about.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 06:03:25 am »
DLC in today's market would have been part of the main game years and years ago

Its hard to tell as in the Saturn and PS days more games could get away with having just 8 hours of gameplay . DLC been with us since the 360 and while I hate DLC, but as long as I get 8 to 10 hours of good fun gameplay I really don't care . Just to give some examples.... I really enjoyed and loved COD IV - I really couldn't careless about any DLC or any multiplayer extra's , the main single player game was just amazing and all I wanted even though it was short .

I just hope CA nail the main game and get that right .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2014, 11:24:32 am »
The DLC are challenge missions...just like Batman Arkham City which campaign was really compelling even with the weird transition with Catwoman who also has a Day-One DLC Extra Story mode.

If the campaign is good and has at least like TA said , 10 hours of gameplay, a game is worthy no matter what they take for DLC.

I know that DLC are a problem for buying a game from first day but this is nothing that doesn't happen before.

Also, This game has no multiplayer whatsoever,  so it could be focus more in the solo campaign making that better.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 08:17:55 am »
The DLC are challenge missions...just like Batman Arkham City which campaign was really compelling even with the weird transition with Catwoman who also has a Day-One DLC Extra Story mode.

If the campaign is good and has at least like TA said , 10 hours of gameplay, a game is worthy no matter what they take for DLC.

I know that DLC are a problem for buying a game from first day but this is nothing that doesn't happen before.

Also, This game has no multiplayer whatsoever,  so it could be focus more in the solo campaign making that better.

But the DLC is huge chunks of the game for this title. And don't keep bringing up multi player since i never assumed the title would be a multiplayer game or that its part of the game. I said hours and levels. The DLC has new characters and scenarios which translates to extra levels. I can live with one or two but this game's seasonal past clearly indicates a whole lot more than that. Which means i'm going to pay 60 pounds for a quarter of a complete game? No thank you..i'll wait until the decide to release the entire game. 

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 09:00:16 am »
Admittedly I'm ambivalent about the whole matter of DLC. But I think it's a bit of an outdated attitude to assume that the existence of DLC means that the entire on-disc game, plus all the subsequent DLC, is secretly complete at the time of shipping, and the DLC has merely been excised from the disc. In the past there have been high-profile instances when such pay-to-unlock schemes have been used. But I know that there are developers out there who don't even start on the DLC until the basic game has been completed. It might be a business model that older gamers don't like, but it's here to stay and Sega is wise to extend the lifespan of this game, and therefore this franchise in the hands of Creative Assembly, by having a significant amount of DLC planned out. Ultimately I think this is gonna be a huge seller for Sega, in spite of much of the gaming press already rallying against it for the preorder content. A single player game will be completed in a week or less by a huge number of gamers, then resold and an untold percentage of subsequent sales will be lost to the used market. Sega has to give players reasons to hold on to the disc and buy more content, hopefully at a good value proposition.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:03:10 am by Centrale »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2014, 01:25:43 pm »
Admittedly I'm ambivalent about the whole matter of DLC. But I think it's a bit of an outdated attitude to assume that the existence of DLC means that the entire on-disc game, plus all the subsequent DLC, is secretly complete at the time of shipping, and the DLC has merely been excised from the disc. In the past there have been high-profile instances when such pay-to-unlock schemes have been used. But I know that there are developers out there who don't even start on the DLC until the basic game has been completed. It might be a business model that older gamers don't like, but it's here to stay and Sega is wise to extend the lifespan of this game, and therefore this franchise in the hands of Creative Assembly, by having a significant amount of DLC planned out. Ultimately I think this is gonna be a huge seller for Sega, in spite of much of the gaming press already rallying against it for the preorder content. A single player game will be completed in a week or less by a huge number of gamers, then resold and an untold percentage of subsequent sales will be lost to the used market. Sega has to give players reasons to hold on to the disc and buy more content, hopefully at a good value proposition.

I would say that because modern game development they leave things out of the final game all the time. And we know that the DLC was effectively ready when they announced the characters and everything else before the season pass was announced. I know several big Sega games that left a lot of things out just so they could have the game ready to ship. And that means that the data existed and was game ready that was edited out of the gold version. VANQUISH was a good example of that and how PG used that data and put it in Konami's game. DLC now is just an excuse to give you tha with extra charge even though its obvious that was part of the plan from the beginning of development on ALIEN ISOLATION.