Author Topic: Football Thread: Brought back popular demand!  (Read 60007 times)

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: Football Thread: Brought back popular demand!
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2014, 05:43:54 pm »
First Match: Brazil vs Croatia

Results: 3-1

Thoughts: Besides the full control of the match by the Brazil Team, the match was really controversial with that fault that became penalty kick (sure, it was "real" :) ) and the own goal by Marcelo.

Overall, Croatia also has really good players without count Modric :). That's a nice goalkeeper, Croatia, keep'em up.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2014, 06:06:11 pm »
It was a good match. Is a shame about that penalty kick... but if brazil still plays like this is not going anywhere is this cup.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 10:23:37 am »
Anyone else think Brazil is gonna have an easy ride to the Final with the bs calls?
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2014, 04:01:37 pm »

MFW Spain lost to Holland.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2014, 04:14:56 pm »

MFW Spain lost to Holland.

Spain's D and goalkeeping were left at the airport i think.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2014, 04:01:29 pm »
Spain has been eliminated, unbelievable. How fucking embarrassing, at least i've still got the US!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2014, 07:29:37 pm »
Spain has been eliminated, unbelievable. How fucking embarrassing, at least i've still got the US!
No. US is kill by Portugal.
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2014, 01:55:38 am »
Damn I was expecting Spain to take out Chile, but I guess I was mistaken.

But then again... I kinda knew this was going to happen. You see as impressive as Spain was in the last three tournaments, you have to take into account that they never really switched out their tactics, Bel Bosque figured that possession football was going to keep them invincible and for a while that seemed to be true.

But... sooner or later, the oppossing teams would figue out how to outplay them and it happenned at this tournament. Holland smacked them like there was no tommorrow and Chile got over their tactics pretty quickly. I laughed when I saw Spain finally doing their little flurry of passes that were just worthless at the 90 minute mark.

Now having said that, I am a little concerned over our chances with the US, that last game with Germany didn't go well. I just want Portugal to make good.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2014, 09:23:03 am »
No. US is kill by Portugal.

After watching the Germany V Portugal game, i like my odds. =)

Offline max_cady

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2014, 05:25:43 pm »
I was talking to another soccer buddy today and what he said made a whole lot of sense. And it's something that definately needs to addressed internally. So here's the jist of it

Yes, Cristiano Ronaldo is arguably the most popular player which is both good, but it's also bad for him and for his teammates. Because the spotlight is so much on him that it creates an inferiority complex towards the other players. And it also puts an unnecessary strain on Cristiano himself.

If you have a good shot, then take it. Don't pass it to Ronaldo thinking that he has to be the star of the whole show and somehow walk on water to score a goal.

Bento and especially the Portuguese federation, for God's sake, lockdown everything. No public practices, everybody is on the same level. Or keep this mind: we are all at the same level.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2014, 05:54:54 pm »
Portugal's biggest adversary is themselves. Extreme media exposure, players selected with valorization interests, underpreparation for rough brazilian conditions...
SEG4GES

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2014, 09:25:08 am »
We had it, we fucken had it.. 20 more seconds and we would've gone on.. 20 seconds..

Offline max_cady

« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2014, 11:15:59 am »
I wish I could slap every member of our team in a row as soon as they exited the airport.  It was an easy match to watch.

OK, Portugal scored early, but God Damn it, the US was getting bolder by the minute. Howard made some pretty good saves. And Portugal was doing a good second half. But as time went on, I felt like my players were getting a little confortable and slacking off. Hence why the US managed to draw. When you start direspecting your opponent, things just go bad.

When they scored the second goal, I literally walked out of my room and sat in kitchen for a good 10 minutes. Then came back, I decided to check my e-mails, plannin' my work schedule early.

Then we just barely managed the draw, which a great goal from Varela. But...

Seriously... SERIOUSLY? For a while I thought Portugal was going to improve their game, but sadly, looking at the big picture, drastic changes are needed. And fast.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2014, 12:02:30 pm »
yay Holland

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2014, 09:49:05 am »
Well there goes Croatia, i guess i sort of expected it. People around here are acting like Mexico already won the World Cup.. Some 10 Mexicans were arrested in LA yesterday.