Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155421 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4395 on: March 03, 2015, 05:34:37 pm »
I got a raise! Yay!

And another one coming within 3-6 months, hopefully. I'll be changing job titles again soon. I'm really hoping things will be solidified for me and my family. =)
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4396 on: March 03, 2015, 05:46:20 pm »
Congrats Piro, done did it. Just tell them to give you a name tag that says 'Boss Pirovash' and be done with it.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4397 on: March 04, 2015, 09:30:46 am »
Haha, thanks man, i appreciate that. Been here a while, so hoping to get a Senior title soon.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4398 on: March 04, 2015, 12:52:48 pm »
Congratulations on unlocking another achievement there, I'm sure this one in particular will definitely make known its value \O/

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4399 on: March 04, 2015, 09:13:15 pm »
As much as I do enjoy the sound of unlocking an achievement, a pay raise is definitely a better accomplishment.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4400 on: March 05, 2015, 04:40:56 pm »
With Arrow and The Flash on a hiatus, I'm going to go check out on The Simpsons and Family Guy.

Turns out there's 13 episodes of FG and 15 episodes of Simpsons S26 so far!

Man, I better get some whiskey.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4401 on: March 05, 2015, 06:30:38 pm »
Check out "Black Mirror" on Netflix Max,not comic book related but great.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #4402 on: March 06, 2015, 06:52:07 pm »
I got a raise! Yay!

And another one coming within 3-6 months, hopefully. I'll be changing job titles again soon. I'm really hoping things will be solidified for me and my family. =)

pirovash88's Magical Quest 2: Piro's revenge

gg's! So happy you got it.

random thought. ive been doing a lot of reading about money recently.

just a random thought that came into my head. if you had to invest all your life savings into one company, what company would you choose?

If you really wanted to do this

Apple or Google. They're continuing to diversify (Apple with cars, Google with car insurance and acquisitions) and if you're just looking for things with investor confidence I feel like those are good ones. You don't have to be an insider to notice that investors feel confident about tech and big names. Investors/companies will create a self-reinforcing hype bubble at least for the near term, and it won't matter what roadblocks they hit along the way. The timing is good for Apple Pay and Google Wallet, smartphone use is on the rise, etc.

Alternatively, you could look into mutual funds. More stability. Back in 2012, Apple's individual share prices ballooned to like 6 or 7 hundred and then took a hard plummet, so you were screwed if you weren't one of those early sellers.

Personally, I would just like...not do this, put aside some for retirement and give to charity or NGO's =3
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:00:52 pm by inthesky »
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4403 on: March 08, 2015, 11:52:23 am »
Congratulations on the raise Piro!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4404 on: March 09, 2015, 10:23:06 am »
Last friday my girlfriend was involved in a massive car crash.

A guy ignored a Stop sign at over 100km/h and crashed sideways into the front of her car. His car then went airborne and smashed two other cars (the 4 cars went to the junkyard). Miraculously, both he and my gf survived with just a few scratches.
I was in my car in front of her, I watched it happening from my rearview mirror. I panicked and rushed to my gf. She was ok, and the guy jumped his car window (door was smashed) and started to run away. I chased him and RKO'd him to the ground.
He was drugged of some shit. Some people, me and my gf identified his face before he ran away again anyway after some minutes.

He didn't have insurance.
The next day he himself goes to the police to claim his car was stolen with the keys on ignition (because he left the keys in the car upon crashing). Coincidentaly I was at the police station and he shat himself upon seeing me there.
The police are now taking several witnesses accounts to turn the motherfucker in.

I never regreted so much not punching a guy in the face. But that's life. It would probably only come back to bite me in the ass later on.

My gf appears to be fine.. Has a bruised foot and an itchy eye due to contact lenses (I hope).
But for the slightest moment...I really thought that she was gone.

I've been having nightmares every night.
SEG4GES

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4405 on: March 09, 2015, 01:02:07 pm »
Jesus dude, I'm glad your GF looks like she made it out ok.

I've personally never witnessed a car accident and frankly am glad I haven't. But then again, an old family domestic violence problem is it's own level of bad, though nowhere near a car crash bad.

Best of wishes to the both of you.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4406 on: March 09, 2015, 02:48:12 pm »
Woah man, that's terrible but I'm glad your girlfriend is fine bro!

I've had family members involved in some serious crashes but never been present, I can only imagine the trauma you must have experienced seeing it unfold before you. Glad to hear the idiot got caught and is now arrested.

Hope you two are fine, take some time off and relax.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #4407 on: March 09, 2015, 02:54:09 pm »
Pretty harrowing experience, glad you're both ok.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #4408 on: March 09, 2015, 08:14:30 pm »
Last friday my girlfriend was involved in a massive car crash.

A guy ignored a Stop sign at over 100km/h and crashed sideways into the front of her car. His car then went airborne and smashed two other cars (the 4 cars went to the junkyard). Miraculously, both he and my gf survived with just a few scratches.
I was in my car in front of her, I watched it happening from my rearview mirror. I panicked and rushed to my gf. She was ok, and the guy jumped his car window (door was smashed) and started to run away. I chased him and RKO'd him to the ground.
He was drugged of some shit. Some people, me and my gf identified his face before he ran away again anyway after some minutes.

He didn't have insurance.
The next day he himself goes to the police to claim his car was stolen with the keys on ignition (because he left the keys in the car upon crashing). Coincidentaly I was at the police station and he shat himself upon seeing me there.
The police are now taking several witnesses accounts to turn the motherfucker in.

I never regreted so much not punching a guy in the face. But that's life. It would probably only come back to bite me in the ass later on.

My gf appears to be fine.. Has a bruised foot and an itchy eye due to contact lenses (I hope).
But for the slightest moment...I really thought that she was gone.

I've been having nightmares every night.

=(

good luck to you and your ladyfriend crackdude
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4409 on: March 09, 2015, 08:53:06 pm »
Congratulations on the raise Piro!

Thanks Will. =)

Fuck crackdude, I'm glad your gf is okay, scary situation to have been dealt man. I wish you both he beat dude, I'm sure everything will be okay.