Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155470 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4440 on: March 20, 2015, 12:29:06 am »
Well, I left because I wasn't too into the Kartel's look and stuff for the site and I didn't really want to write on another blog and risk it having the same issues so I started SEGAbits. Basically a platform where I can do whatever I want. I was lucky enough that people wanted to join and help out.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4441 on: March 20, 2015, 04:06:42 am »
We all jumped ship basically.

I miss the sweet swag tho
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4442 on: March 20, 2015, 06:56:06 am »
Yeah George set it up and me and Ryan were the initial writers (I think it was me and Ryan?) but needless to say, everyone jumped ship because the ads was just too much.

Glad the community managed to be salvaged at least! Where would I be without TA and Joe's endless rants.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4443 on: March 20, 2015, 10:12:57 am »
Not just the ads, but it was so clearly just an empty money making operation, and Karmabux meant it attracted prize pigs from all over the internet posting shit to get their post count up.

As an example, I think Lost Odyssey or something was coming on 4 discs on Xbox 360 and the site owner/moderator whatever was like "a game on more than one disc!? What an interesting concept! I wonder if other publishers will adopt this? Anyone know of this ever being done before!?"

And the cartoons and the self aggrandizement (one of the owners talking about how he was a wall street wizard who spun billions of dollars or something).

Offfft.

I do miss the OLD OLD SegaNerds from when I first joined and met Aki, Snaus, George, Sharky, Shadi and even...KOGEN.
I still remember the jank-ass forums and people accusing Kogen of printing out the topic 'Tails inspires bizarre sex fetish!' when they monitored his usage.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4444 on: March 20, 2015, 10:55:08 am »
Kogen was the tits. But he was already banned when I joined.
Then he was given a second chance. Then got banned.
Then there were the new forums. Then got banned.
SEG4GES

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4445 on: March 20, 2015, 08:05:56 pm »
Well, I left because I wasn't too into the Kartel's look and stuff for the site and I didn't really want to write on another blog and risk it having the same issues so I started SEGAbits. Basically a platform where I can do whatever I want. I was lucky enough that people wanted to join and help out.

Very cool man, I'm glad you came up with the idea. This place is way better than the Sega Forum and it's cool to see some banned people on here. I remember you got banned, right? Lol.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4446 on: March 20, 2015, 09:03:30 pm »
I think the better question is... Where hasn't George been banned on?

SEGA forums, NeoGAF, The Magicbox etc

(Er not so sure about that last one actually. It might have been Ryan who got banned)

Offline George

« Reply #4447 on: March 20, 2015, 09:20:13 pm »
I haven't been banned on Magicbox and never will since I don't go there.

But NeoGAF and SEGA Forums are correct.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4448 on: March 21, 2015, 01:10:36 am »
I haven't been banned on Magicbox and never will since I don't go there.

But NeoGAF and SEGA Forums are correct.

Haha, was your name Lunacara or something along those lines then?

I remember arguing with you and Will a lot back in the day, you two are my homes now though. =)

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4449 on: March 21, 2015, 10:15:21 am »
The hell is MagicBox?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4450 on: March 21, 2015, 11:39:45 am »
So I'm looking at buying a car. Really want a hatchback. A sedan just seems useless to me. I'll never have more then 1 or 2 people (me being one of those one or two people) in the car for extended periods of time. The hatchback's just seem to be uncommon compared to normal sedan car bodies. I just feel like a 4 door sedan car body is a waste for me, I like the hatchbacks because you can fold down the back seats and get more cargo room in a pretty small form factor vehicle body.

I noticed cars cost less compared to hatchbacks though, and this would be my first car... i don't know. Buying used of course, I need it by this summer. Trying to not go over 10k but if I find a car i think is a good deal i might, but i'd rather not, considering its my first car and all the kinds of abuse it might go through. Although I think i'll be a pretty careful driver.

Do you guys think I'm being overly picky not wanting a 4 door sedan? I mean. in the end.. i guess anything is better then a cramped bus ride, but I'd like to be able to like my first car, too.

I remember arguing with you and Will a lot back in the day, you two are my homes now though. =)

He was Angelcoma, you got into lots of arguments with him too i think!

And yeah, I used to be pretty unreasonable when I was younger. I think a lot of people are that way though. Definitely happy to no longer be that way, happier too. Less arguments.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #4451 on: March 21, 2015, 12:03:47 pm »
The hell is MagicBox?

The first forum I ever posted on, besides the SEGA Europe forum which doesn't exist anymore. Den of wankers though to be honest. A few guys were cool. I don't post there anymore but I am not banned. Also Gamer Republic where I found Team Andromeda and Joe, and they used to argue then too...

Not sure why anyone likes Kogen either, he's one of the worst people I've ever had this misfortune of talking too... But if you like incredibly racist, abusive, bullies then I guess he's your man. He still posts around as 'YarfFoxy' or something and he's still a shitheel.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:07:23 pm by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4452 on: March 21, 2015, 01:03:40 pm »
So I'm looking at buying a car. Really want a hatchback. A sedan just seems useless to me. I'll never have more then 1 or 2 people (me being one of those one or two people) in the car for extended periods of time. The hatchback's just seem to be uncommon compared to normal sedan car bodies. I just feel like a 4 door sedan car body is a waste for me, I like the hatchbacks because you can fold down the back seats and get more cargo room in a pretty small form factor vehicle body.

I noticed cars cost less compared to hatchbacks though, and this would be my first car... i don't know. Buying used of course, I need it by this summer. Trying to not go over 10k but if I find a car i think is a good deal i might, but i'd rather not, considering its my first car and all the kinds of abuse it might go through. Although I think i'll be a pretty careful driver.

Do you guys think I'm being overly picky not wanting a 4 door sedan? I mean. in the end.. i guess anything is better then a cramped bus ride, but I'd like to be able to like my first car, too.

A lot of people's first cars are a hatch-back. Most of mine have been, great model of car for city driving and general usage. Good room in the trunk, good on petrol, easy to park.

I know in Australia Japanese hatch-backs are the go-to, since they are cheap to repair and maintain and in good supply and generally good build quality. Honda Jazz was a great model and the Toyota Corolla is always a good bet.
Not sure if Japanese parts etc are different in North America but I imagine it's similar. Not sure what models of hatchback US car companies make.

I was very close to buying my first new car before moving to Canada, was going to get a Toyota 86.

Not sure why anyone likes Kogen either, he's one of the worst people I've ever had this misfortune of talking too... But if you like incredibly racist, abusive, bullies then I guess he's your man. He still posts around as 'YarfFoxy' or something and he's still a shitheel.
Not that I particularly 'liked' him, but he just made for a lot of funny moments on the forum. He seemed so angry all the time, I can't help but think it was all an elaborate act.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4453 on: March 21, 2015, 02:11:45 pm »

He was Angelcoma, you got into lots of arguments with him too i think!

And yeah, I used to be pretty unreasonable when I was younger. I think a lot of people are that way though. Definitely happy to no longer be that way, happier too. Less arguments.

Haha, alright yeah I rember that name. I argued with him quite often. I think those were all of our less reasonable days.

I've gone and looked back at my old Sega Forums and think, wtf was I thinking, haha.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:18:08 pm by pirovash88 »

Offline George

« Reply #4454 on: March 21, 2015, 02:59:29 pm »

I had plenty of names, sadly Lunacara wasn't one of them. and yes I argued alot. I think one of the longest standing names i had was 'fruitsofherwomb' and variations of it.