Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155417 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4575 on: May 23, 2015, 02:05:11 pm »
Awesome. If you make them, let me know what you think or how they came out.
Just about to put them into the oven, I'll keep you posted. So far so good.

It's nice to have a day where I don't have to do anything, it's cold outside and I can just chill the fuck out, play video games and bake cookies.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4576 on: May 23, 2015, 06:58:16 pm »
Just about to put them into the oven, I'll keep you posted. So far so good.

It's nice to have a day where I don't have to do anything, it's cold outside and I can just chill the fuck out, play video games and bake cookies.

Awesome, sounds like a good day. Let me know how they are.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4577 on: May 24, 2015, 08:33:23 am »
Awesome, sounds like a good day. Let me know how they are.
They were fucking fantastic. I'll post pics soon.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4578 on: May 24, 2015, 08:14:58 pm »
If any of you ever get tempted to read a manga called Doubt, don't.

The ending is worst piece of shit I've had the misfortune of reading recently. For a comic that is suppose to be a psychological thriller, the main villain using HYPNOSIS to carry out her killings and getting away with it is such a cheap resolution.

Should have known when Square Enix was publishing the story it was going to have a poor conclusion.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4579 on: May 25, 2015, 02:48:43 am »
So I VOD'ed Strange Magic last night...

Come on, critics, do you hate George Lucas that much that you're willing to overlook a movie's that's kinda of unconvientional for the genre?

The plot isn't hard to follow, it goes places that you don't normally see in these animated movies. It's refreshing in a way, there's no real antagonist, no forced three part story arc and while it uses too much singing, it's also clever enough to acknowledge how singing can get in your nerves.

All of the movie's songs are covers, some are good, some are just meh. I think they use it way too much in the first 45 minutes. They almost felt like "shortcuts" (like instead of giving us dialogue to get a point across we will just use singing, which ocassionally can be clever but often times feels like a gimmick).

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4581 on: May 25, 2015, 08:22:31 am »
Been feeling like shit recently, there's a lot going on in my life right now, but when I think about it I shouldn't be upset or worried. I think it's just too much happening all at once and it's affecting me. I've decided I'm moving back to Australia in a few months, which I'm both excited about and nervous about.
Excited to get back to my home, but also sad to be leaving behind so many friends and the life I made in Canada.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4582 on: May 27, 2015, 12:15:30 am »
That sucks that you're feeling that way dude. You got a new job lined up I'm Australia?

Also, where are my cookie pics? Haha

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4583 on: May 27, 2015, 08:29:05 am »
That sucks that you're feeling that way dude. You got a new job lined up I'm Australia?

Also, where are my cookie pics? Haha

Oops, forgot about that! Right here:

Came out really nice.

No job lined up for Aus, going to move back and look for work afterwards. I wanted to do some travelling before going back to work as well, so hopefully I can get that in. I might even find a contract position or something first, considering I'll be going back at the end of the year.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4584 on: May 27, 2015, 06:18:47 pm »
Wow, those look really good. Nicely done dude.

If you've been working a lot you should definitely take a break and travel. I wish I had done that before I got married and had kids.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #4585 on: May 27, 2015, 08:21:24 pm »
Been feeling like shit recently, there's a lot going on in my life right now, but when I think about it I shouldn't be upset or worried. I think it's just too much happening all at once and it's affecting me. I've decided I'm moving back to Australia in a few months, which I'm both excited about and nervous about.
Excited to get back to my home, but also sad to be leaving behind so many friends and the life I made in Canada.

I know these feelings.
Made by SEGA

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #4586 on: May 27, 2015, 11:01:31 pm »
So I VOD'ed Strange Magic last night...

Come on, critics, do you hate George Lucas that much that you're willing to overlook a movie's that's kinda of unconvientional for the genre?

The plot isn't hard to follow, it goes places that you don't normally see in these animated movies. It's refreshing in a way, there's no real antagonist, no forced three part story arc and while it uses too much singing, it's also clever enough to acknowledge how singing can get in your nerves.

All of the movie's songs are covers, some are good, some are just meh. I think they use it way too much in the first 45 minutes. They almost felt like "shortcuts" (like instead of giving us dialogue to get a point across we will just use singing, which ocassionally can be clever but often times feels like a gimmick).

I haven't seen the movie, but singing "covers" has really worn out its welcome in feature animation. It's happened in Shrek 1/2/3, Madagascar, Horton Hears a Who, Igor, The Nut Job, Hotel Transylvania and a list of others.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4587 on: May 28, 2015, 05:31:17 am »
This year's been doing OK for me so far, now that I have a job and my family will go to Disney World and maybe Universal Studios in the fall. I just need to learn how to drive.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4588 on: May 28, 2015, 03:35:20 pm »
I got another promotion and raise!!!!!!

All of this fucking hard work is finally paying off! =)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4589 on: May 30, 2015, 07:02:32 pm »
I got another promotion and raise!!!!!!

All of this fucking hard work is finally paying off! =)

Congrats! I bet that is a great feeling.