Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1155414 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4650 on: July 13, 2015, 12:40:52 pm »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4651 on: July 13, 2015, 01:12:06 pm »
Aki-at, have you got a raging boner over this?

https://www.idwpublishing.com/godzilla-faces-the-fiery-inferno-of-hell-itself/

You're 5 months too late!

[Spoiler]Yes I do. [/spoiler]

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4652 on: July 13, 2015, 03:31:41 pm »
When are we getting Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim? Even as a comic book mini series it would be cool.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4653 on: July 14, 2015, 09:35:17 am »
When are we getting Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim? Even as a comic book mini series it would be cool.

I don't know if that would actually be that cool. Considering Pacific Rim is already full of Godzilla Analogues anyway, would it really be that different?

I understand that Godzilla is stronger, but still.
Actually, would the Jagers even stand a chance against Godzilla? Isn't he broken powerful to the point where nobody can ever beat him ever under any circimstances?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #4654 on: July 14, 2015, 10:31:51 am »
I don't know if that would actually be that cool. Considering Pacific Rim is already full of Godzilla Analogues anyway, would it really be that different?

I understand that Godzilla is stronger, but still.
Actually, would the Jagers even stand a chance against Godzilla? Isn't he broken powerful to the point where nobody can ever beat him ever under any circimstances?

He'd rip them all apart.

Doesn't mean established narratives can't be put outside.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4655 on: July 14, 2015, 11:08:32 am »
He'd rip them all apart.

Doesn't mean established narratives can't be put outside.
Just how powerful is Godzilla? Can he survive nukes? Hydrogen bombs? Does he have any particular weakness that can be exploited?

Do any of the other monsters ever beat him (was King Kong a mis-match?)?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #4656 on: July 14, 2015, 11:14:43 am »
Just how powerful is Godzilla? Can he survive nukes? Hydrogen bombs? Does he have any particular weakness that can be exploited?

Do any of the other monsters ever beat him (was King Kong a mis-match?)?

King Kong had to have powers given to him to stand a chance against Godzilla, OG Kong vs OG Godzilla is just horrible mismatch.

Also depends which Godzilla we're talking about, since he's ranged from being powered by nuclear subs to the spirits of the Japanese war dead. Saying that, weakest Godzilla survived a hydrogen bomb.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4657 on: July 14, 2015, 11:18:20 am »

King Kong had to have powers given to him to stand a chance against Godzilla, OG Kong vs OG Godzilla is just horrible mismatch.

Also depends which Godzilla we're talking about, since he's ranged from being powered by nuclear subs to the spirits of the Japanese war dead. Saying that, weakest Godzilla survived a hydrogen bomb.

Ah, okay. I remember seeing those old VHS tapes of Kong vs Godzilla and thinking they were just giant animals duking it out.

The weakest Godzilla survived a H-bomb!? How does he ever get defeated? Just straight up magic/supernatural stuff?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4658 on: July 14, 2015, 11:25:14 am »
Hahaha, just found this:

It was also suggested by the character Yuki in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla that Godzilla has a soft spot under each armpit. However, the validity of this claim was highly dubious and this weak point was never exploited.

http://godzilla.monstrous.com/weaknesses_of_godzilla.htm

Defeat Godzilla by TICKLING HIS UNDERARMS!

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #4659 on: July 14, 2015, 11:26:07 am »
Ah, okay. I remember seeing those old VHS tapes of Kong vs Godzilla and thinking they were just giant animals duking it out.

The weakest Godzilla survived a H-bomb!? How does he ever get defeated? Just straight up magic/supernatural stuff?

It differs, he can be subdued but never stop. He's meant to be viewed closer to a tornado or an earthquake than a living being if that makes sense? Other giant monsters (Like Mothra) have stopped him but only for a while. But he has been severely beaten a few times.

Godzilla 1954: [spoiler]A device called the oxygen destroyer was used to kill him but it made Tokyo Bay completely devoid of life[/spoiler]
The Return of Godzilla: [spoiler]He didn't die in this one but was lured into volcano where he had a nap until the next film.[/spoiler]
Godzilla vs Destroyah: [spoiler]He went into meltdown, his death was going to cause the destruction of Japan through nuclear fallout. However his son was there to absorb the excess radiation.[/spoiler]
Godzilla vs Mothra & King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters all out Attack: [spoiler]They rode a sub into Godzilla's body and caused a massive cut that caused his body to explode when he used his nuclear breath. His heart survived though, beating in the depths of Tokyo.[/spoiler]

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4660 on: July 15, 2015, 12:34:39 pm »
Huuuungry, need to buy some food.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4661 on: July 16, 2015, 02:34:28 pm »
My parents just spent an hour trying to figure out why they couldn't find a place on the map.

2 minutes after they called me I had to tell them they were looking at the map for GTA V

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4662 on: July 19, 2015, 09:14:56 am »
our current forums look so outdated and sleazy, i guess the $$$ signs aren't helping
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:17:41 am by Happy Cat »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4663 on: July 20, 2015, 09:11:39 am »
our current forums look so outdated and sleazy, i guess the $$$ signs aren't helping
I was wondering what that was about. Glitch?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4664 on: July 21, 2015, 04:51:57 am »
We are oldschool.
SEG4GES