Author Topic: I made this.  (Read 87523 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: I made this.
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2012, 07:25:32 am »
I did this a few weeks ago.

Eevee + Reala = Awesome.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2012, 09:06:08 am »
wow. XD

that is scary yet cool looking at the same time.

Offline Grounder

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2012, 10:43:08 am »
I made these:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vQsdwL6Hdg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWLTbL4WDFM[/youtube]

Second one's NSFW due to the high violent content.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2012, 05:58:32 pm »
wow. XD

that is scary yet cool looking at the same time.

Yep! I saw an opportunity and used it!

I also wish there was a Bayonetta with a Umbreon crossover as it looks like her perfect pet!

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2012, 10:28:06 pm »
Decided to try drawing Sonic from a new perspective for me and I had to rage quit, my head was hurting and i was sick of erasing lol, that hand is what drove me to insanity.. im ok at drawing hands.. but not when they are that small.. drives me nuts

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »
If only I had a way to post an audio file (.mp3), a while back I had made a slight remix of one of my favorite songs from NiGHTS all done in GarageBand on my Mac. A good candidate for a Tuesday tune honestly. A lot of video game music I picked up from memory and tried to make it sound as close to the original and some other times, especially with music from the Ys games over the years.

I seen the Turbografx version on the CD and bought the console and the CD add-on just to play and listen to the music from that game years ago. Huzzah for the Wii Virtual Console as now I can enjoy it anytime but still have the entire soundtrack on my phone / iTunes library.

Back in touch with Sega related games, been experimenting with tunes from Outrun. Still NiGHTS has a special place in my heart. I've never shared any of my music before so I guess I got to get started setting up a spot for my own tunes on bandcamp or upload my track to YouTube.

Not sure if it's 'dead on balls accurate", (a favorite quote from MLWS) but it's close. I had purchased extra instrument packs from Apple just to get the right sounds.

I will get around to it, I love the Saturn and it's oddities and over the years, some kickass music.

If there's enough interest, I will make it happen.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2012, 07:53:59 pm »
Decided to try drawing Sonic from a new perspective for me and I had to rage quit, my head was hurting and i was sick of erasing lol, that hand is what drove me to insanity.. im ok at drawing hands.. but not when they are that small.. drives me nuts

Beautiful Shadi. Now to show off my work from my C++ class.

Yeah, I'mma Sega Nerd lol.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2012, 08:00:13 pm »
Beautiful Shadi. Now to show off my work from my C++ class.

Yeah, I'mma Sega Nerd lol.

Thanks!

i remember you showed off one of those screens on twitter. I thought the character image was just photoshopped on, but now you got a second screen like that, do you got it programmed to make those images pop up in thin air? pretty neat. maybe you could make a full screen version of it eventually :P

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2012, 08:29:14 pm »
Naw I just found cropped pictures and pasted them on paint. There is a way to include images in C++ but I'll have to keep practicing on that.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »
sigh.. i completely screwed up on Sonic, he lost his 'tude and perspective.

also did a quick messy sketch of Tails

Naw I just found cropped pictures and pasted them on paint. There is a way to include images in C++ but I'll have to keep practicing on that.

heh :P well obviously there is a way to include images, full videogames are made with C++

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2012, 04:06:25 pm »
If only I had a way to post an audio file (.mp3), a while back I had made a slight remix of one of my favorite songs from NiGHTS all done in GarageBand on my Mac. A good candidate for a Tuesday tune honestly. A lot of video game music I picked up from memory and tried to make it sound as close to the original and some other times, especially with music from the Ys games over the years.

I seen the Turbografx version on the CD and bought the console and the CD add-on just to play and listen to the music from that game years ago. Huzzah for the Wii Virtual Console as now I can enjoy it anytime but still have the entire soundtrack on my phone / iTunes library.

Back in touch with Sega related games, been experimenting with tunes from Outrun. Still NiGHTS has a special place in my heart. I've never shared any of my music before so I guess I got to get started setting up a spot for my own tunes on bandcamp or upload my track to YouTube.

Not sure if it's 'dead on balls accurate", (a favorite quote from MLWS) but it's close. I had purchased extra instrument packs from Apple just to get the right sounds.

I will get around to it, I love the Saturn and it's oddities and over the years, some kickass music.

If there's enough interest, I will make it happen.

Not sure if you experimented with FamiTracker or not, but I think some SEGA tunes would sound good on that application...would you happen to have any knowledge of it to knock up some NiGHTS or Panzer Dragoon on it? :P

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2012, 08:52:24 pm »
Not sure if you experimented with FamiTracker or not, but I think some SEGA tunes would sound good on that application...would you happen to have any knowledge of it to knock up some NiGHTS or Panzer Dragoon on it? :P

GarageBand on the Mac works in a somewhat similar fashion but with real instrument samples and if you know how to read and write music, it can be applied that way along with sample loops and the ability to add your own audio track via MIDI or line in on the Mac.

It's essentially a poor mans logic pro/studio.

How far you can push it depends on how much power your CPU can muster and a huge amount of RAM. Tried uploading my track onto YouTube earlier but the servers are swamped! I have a 30Mb internet connection and I can't even get video's to stream tonight. Much of the work I did in the past was with a PC, and Cakewalk Pro. Using what was formerly a beast of a computer, my phone now outpaces.

Something sparked a fire in the tower and my data was roasted save for important projects that I backed up to CD-R along with custom soundfonts with the original Sound Blaster Live! audio board.

So without my old rig, I bought my Mac and never looked back.

I will have that track uploaded hopefully tomorrow.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2012, 01:25:45 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhAy02LjMn4[/youtube]

Hope this works...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:38:27 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2012, 02:37:57 pm »
Awesome! And I see the site in the video. haha

--

I went in and fixed your embed if you don't mind. To properly embed youtube vids, you gotta not include this bit: "&feature=youtube_gdata_player" and have it be "http://" not "https://"

Best bet is to just copy/paste the link from the share tab, as it gives the type of link that works with imbeds.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:40:08 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2012, 03:30:07 pm »
Awesome! And I see the site in the video. haha

--

I went in and fixed your embed if you don't mind. To properly embed youtube vids, you gotta not include this bit: "&feature=youtube_gdata_player" and have it be "http://" not "https://"

Best bet is to just copy/paste the link from the share tab, as it gives the type of link that works with imbeds.

Thanks for the fix!

I tried that at first and the link was completely broken aside from the https header. Ended up with a dead end.

On a side note, anyone wanting to hear the song as its really meant to be heard, inbox me nicely with an email address. If you want to use it for a Tuesday tune, go for it. I didn't monitize this video as it's a fan service. This is the first time I've shared any of my raw work online.

Some footnotes: this song is obviously not the original but all done by memory since my Saturn collection was stolen along with this game. The only reference was purely from memory and I considered the editing "complete" back in 2010. This project as seen on the video is the same app with a lot of extra instrument packs from Apple to get that near perfect sound. I could have simply posted the .sac file to YouTube and consider my work done but decided to show the work behind the music. It is very demanding on the computer itself and I have far more complex tracks that I've made.

Being a fan of game music, most of the tracks I've worked on were rearrangements from Yuzo Koshiro and others from the Ys series.