Author Topic: Can Someone Explain the Valkyria Chronicles Blu-Ray Price?  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
Can Someone Explain the Valkyria Chronicles Blu-Ray Price?
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:05:20 am »
http://www.yesasia.com/us/valkyria-chronicles-blu-ray-box-blu-ray-first-press-limited-edition/1023976014-0-0-0-en/image-gallery.html

Several sites.  All $400+.  I don't get it and can't find anything on it other than where to pirate it.  Any idea guys?

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: Can Someone Explain the Valkyria Chronicles Blu-Ray Price?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:57:47 am »
The price of blu-ray in Japan is usually 80$ for 2 episodes. Not only for VC, but for all animes.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 01:32:50 am »
First Press of the BRD might no longer be in print and may have become a collector's item. It happens a lot with this sort of thing. A Punisher hardcover I wanted to get regularly sells for about $300 or more because it's out of print. The others all sell for about $50.

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 07:58:57 am »
First Press of the BRD might no longer be in print and may have become a collector's item. It happens a lot with this sort of thing. A Punisher hardcover I wanted to get regularly sells for about $300 or more because it's out of print. The others all sell for about $50.

No dude, its like i said, every blue ray anime in Japan has this price.

Check out the price for this random anime i choose from play asia:
http://www.play-asia.com/Project_Blue_Chikyu_Sos_Bluray_Box/paOS-13-71-a7-49-en-70-4dvu.html

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:52:46 am »
You're right.  That's nuts.  Why is it like that?  Why would anyone pay so much for a cartoon?  It's not like it's worth hundreds more over the DVDs.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 11:00:50 am »
Otaku will pay crazy amounts of money for all sorts of anime related stuff. I mean, how much do those statuettes go for? Crazy prices.