Author Topic: SEGA is unveiling a new game on March 28th...  (Read 22544 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SEGA is unveiling a new game on March 28th...
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 04:39:37 pm »
'Super Guus Hiddink Adventures' or GTFO

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 03:00:32 pm »
but lets be honest

-the date is actually a fnt of shenmue
-normally when a game comes out ull see sega above.
*only this time it is like there will be a game on ps3 psvita and sega, like it is also on a sega console
-for the same it could be a major hoax
-the grass in the background shouldnt be linked to football its anything but that. all sega has is football manager and thats it.

all the above is something to think abouut. but even then all those points above could be wrong as well

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 05:08:37 pm »
So, explicitly stating it's on PS3 and PSVita is a sign that it's being released on a new Sega console that hasn't been announced yet?

Sounds legit. Shenmue 3 ladies and gentlemen. Available on PS3, PSVita and Sega Renegade.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 05:25:32 pm »
-the grass in the background shouldnt be linked to football its anything but that. all sega has is football manager and thats it.

One of SEGA Japan's biggest console and arcade series is a football game...

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 01:49:38 pm »
One of SEGA Japan's biggest console and arcade series is a football game...

ok for that if thats the case.
i wouldnt want it to be that so called football arcade tho. come on ye know. such a massive commercial around this 28 march thing? and it turns out to be an arcade freaking football game. i just hope that isnt the case.

look yeah if its a sega console or major ass mofo games such as sor shenmue vc  etc. as we all know id buy it
id even buy it if it actually was alexx kidd 3d.

but naaaaah man no football shir pls dont let it be

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 03:34:51 am »
I'm beginning to think you're just an extremely dedicated troll, Semmie. Well done.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 04:36:55 am »
I'm beginning to think you're just an extremely dedicated troll, Semmie. Well done.

i have nothing to prove to u. just keep playing on that arcade hall and make sure you put your jelly pot glasses on cause otherwise u wont see anything.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 04:44:48 am »
Let's Make A Football Team? Yes!

I hope it gets a European release. One of the PS2 games got one, but since I never had a PS2 I was just dying to play it!
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 08:10:01 am »
I've noted that several SEGA fan sites (SEGA Driven, some site called "Sega Nerds") have started tweeting the news, and all have this attitude of "welp, move along folks, nothing to see here! it's just a shitty football sim! Why can't it be Shenmue 3?"

I have to be honest, I'm tired of this attitude. Every SEGA title isn't going to be the next Shenmue or NiGHTS or JSR. Sure, in the late 90's/early 00's SEGA released far more titles than they do now, but even then there were weird games revealed that had very little impact on the US. Like Aki noted, we had horse racing sims since 2000. There were tons of arcade games that never made it west. Same goes for console titles.

Is there anything wrong with hoping that every teased title will be the next Phantasy Star or Shenmue or JSR? No! But com the fuck on people. It's not like SEGA West was pointing to this http://sega.jp/20130328/ site saying "check it out! new game coming!". With the internet being what it is nowadays, it is much easier to access stuff that would typically have no bearing on our part of the world. I see it all the time now. SEGA Japan has a live stream to talk about arcade titles we'll never see, and Hatsune Miku stuff, and Sonic fans bombard the stream thinking "holy shit! next Sonic title!".

Eh, I'm just ranting now. Basically SEGA has ALWAYS had goings-ons that don't interest or affect western english speaking fans. It's just now, with the internet connecting us to content all over the world, that we have easier access to stuff like live streams and teaser sites and I feel like we're projecting our wishes on stuff that isn't even targeted at us. Imagine all the events that happened in Japan back in the early 2000's that we missed out on that revealed stuff we would deem as "uninteresting and shitty".

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 08:45:31 am »
I've noted that several SEGA fan sites (SEGA Driven, some site called "Sega Nerds") have started tweeting the news, and all have this attitude of "welp, move along folks, nothing to see here! it's just a shitty football sim! Why can't it be Shenmue 3?"

I have to be honest, I'm tired of this attitude. Every SEGA title isn't going to be the next Shenmue or NiGHTS or JSR. Sure, in the late 90's/early 00's SEGA released far more titles than they do now, but even then there were weird games revealed that had very little impact on the US. Like Aki noted, we had horse racing sims since 2000. There were tons of arcade games that never made it west. Same goes for console titles.

Is there anything wrong with hoping that every teased title will be the next Phantasy Star or Shenmue or JSR? No! But com the fuck on people. It's not like SEGA West was pointing to this http://sega.jp/20130328/ site saying "check it out! new game coming!". With the internet being what it is nowadays, it is much easier to access stuff that would typically have no bearing on our part of the world. I see it all the time now. SEGA Japan has a live stream to talk about arcade titles we'll never see, and Hatsune Miku stuff, and Sonic fans bombard the stream thinking "holy shit! next Sonic title!".

Eh, I'm just ranting now. Basically SEGA has ALWAYS had goings-ons that don't interest or affect western english speaking fans. It's just now, with the internet connecting us to content all over the world, that we have easier access to stuff like live streams and teaser sites and I feel like we're projecting our wishes on stuff that isn't even targeted at us. Imagine all the events that happened in Japan back in the early 2000's that we missed out on that revealed stuff we would deem as "uninteresting and shitty".

i agree with that. it has been going on like this for to long. this illogical thing that succesfull games are neglected and the unknown and non succesfull games to come out in our part of the world. its 2 2days from here godwilling hopefully it will be what we longed for. but we should be ware of the obstacle. that it will come out in japan doesnt mean it will come out here s well. even if it is  cool game

just think of yakuza 1 nd 2 hd

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 10:04:18 am »

Right, I think if people are disappointed it's their own fault.  I'm sure this game will make other people happy, and we can just keep looking for news meant for us.  It would be nice if SEGA West would tease some things for us to talk about though.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 10:34:45 am »
Replacement work for the Mario and Sonic Team I guess.....

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:28 am »
SEGA couldn't have timed this better with the lawsuit against Level 5....

Sometimes I wonder if SEGA are initially trolling Level 5 suing them over Inazuma Eleven to promote their own game in Japan.

Not to sound harsh or anything, but considering the trend with Shining Force Youtube bans and the court case...it surely can't be a coincidence.

I wouldn't mind looking at this game, but football games don't interest me (I even bought into the hype that was Inazuma Eleven, but I never played it).
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 11:22:28 am »
Agree with the sentiments Barry, though as a fan of the genre, my regret personally is that we will probably never get to see it here.

The series has been one of SEGA Japan's staple releases since it released in the mid 90s so not entirely surprised, series use to be quite big during the Playstation 2 days (Regularly sold over 500,000 units) but slowly dwindle down to a 100k - 200k seller last gen. Interesting enough this is the first time it's return on consoles since 2007 so I suppose the teaser might have had been put up to make that point.

Anyone interested in finding out more on the series http://www.sakatsuku.com/

Replacement work for the Mario and Sonic Team I guess.....

Wonder if they are working on another Mario & Sonic title. Though at this point and time, I can see Nintendo rushing to publishers like Capcom and Square rather than SEGA.

SEGA couldn't have timed this better with the lawsuit against Level 5....

Sometimes I wonder if SEGA are initially trolling Level 5 suing them over Inazuma Eleven to promote their own game in Japan.

Not to sound harsh or anything, but considering the trend with Shining Force Youtube bans and the court case...it surely can't be a coincidence.

This series has been running since the SEGA Saturn and had it's last release late 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SndibfLnhdE

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 11:35:30 am »
Barry made a really good point. That post could be developed into a full editorial piece about the problem of gamer expectations in this hobby.