Author Topic: E3 New Bayonetta 2 footage at 60fps - Online Co op confirmed  (Read 25706 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: E3 New Bayonetta 2 footage at 60fps - Online Co op confirmed
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2014, 01:59:38 am »
Didn't we see the Peach costume with the Bowser summons and Link costume with the spin attack? Perhaps adding abilities between both Bayo games is possible after all?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2014, 05:13:30 am »
^I think they probably realised a big chunk of the Wii-U owning audience never played the original because it was only PS3/360. That was my thinking behind it at least.

I wonder if it's a big job to do what you are suggesting with character model swaps? I think changing the look is easy (hence the Nintendo themed costumes) but movesets and weapons might be tougher. If they did include more weapons in Bayo 1 that would be pretty unreal.
I dunno if its big but it would be a nice bonus. I mean it would be a blast to test your skills as Bayonetta but just using the skills from the first game. Anyway i'm interested to see what happens with this game.Because the implications are quite big either way Will it help the Wii U? If its a flop it will be the end of the series. If its a bonafide success, sells millions and help shift Wiiu units than would Sega want to take over the series or demand a spin off game so they can get in on the action rather just collecting licensing fees. No doubt Nintendo will tie any sequels to Bay for their system as exclusives.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2014, 07:35:50 am »
Just got more reasons Replaying the first game before bayo 2. Can't believe indeed they put so much work in a freebie.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2014, 09:12:21 am »
Since when is half a million a million copies.

PGR sold over 2 million copies *Rolls Eye's*

Yes it is and always has been

No and I'm just a fan of the industry nothing more .

SAKURA TAISEN MMO was done with Sega's permission and Red went ahead with a chinese developer

Yes SEGA had to green light it as they have the IP. And like with most stuff Sammy do it on the cheap instead of making a fully fledged new game for the PS3. 

Didn't we see the Peach costume with the Bowser summons and Link costume with the spin attack[/size]?[/color]

No doubt you'll see that if we go by what Nintendo did with Metal Gear Soild on the Cube :( .

I think they probably realised a big chunk of the Wii-U owning audience never played the original because it was only PS3/360. That was my thinking behind it at least.

Yep, but I still can't see this being anything other than a flop .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2014, 09:45:57 am »

PGR sold over 2 million copies *Rolls Eye's*

*Picks up TA's eyes and rolls them back*

Looks like you dropped these, buddy.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2014, 09:48:07 am »

PGR sold over ..blah blah blah blah blah.

Like i said i'm not interested unless its got to do with the game Bay2 which is what this topic is supposed to be about. Wanna talk anything else do it in another topic.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2014, 03:41:37 pm »
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/469429/interviews/interview-how-nintendos-input-improved-bayonetta-2/

<blockquote> "Should the opportunity arise I'd definitely like to keep nurturing this franchise"
 </blockquote>

Guess I was wrong. =\

You touched on the future of the Bayonetta series earlier... what role does Nintendo have in the next Bayonetta games? Have the two become intertwined?
In terms of nurturing the content of this game, there's a lot that we learned from Nintendo and if possible we would love to do it again and keep nurturing our child.
Hahaha, oh wow. Good job, man. I say that in all sincerity.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2014, 12:15:07 pm »
I just thought of something, this game is set in Hell right?

Remember what happened to the bosses when you defeat them in Bayo 1? With all the arms pulling them into the ground? I wonder if we're going to see  Fortitudo, Justice and the like from the first game going for revenge on Bayonetta now they she's with them?

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2014, 05:07:46 pm »
I think that's the biggest thing nintendo has that's pretty much acknowledged almost by everyone. They're developers are highly skilled veterans. And it seems from what i've read so far they're also pleasant to work with. It excites me a lot to think that bayo 2 could be bayonetta 2 with the polish and refinement of a nintendo product.

I cant really say too much tho since i've been avoiding spoilers since the video in the OP. We'll see

Offline ROJM

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2014, 12:32:47 pm »
Really? I guess you missed the story with FZERO AX/GX development and the arguments and bad blood that were coming out of that development cycle. The Mushroom Dictator struck again during that one...

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2014, 12:48:13 pm »
Got a link to that? All I've ever heard is that Miyamoto didn't care for the final product.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2014, 12:58:00 pm »
Got a link to that? All I've ever heard is that Miyamoto didn't care for the final product.

No. Its not something widely known although Nagoshi did refer to some problems in an interview with Sega Voice at the Sega japan site but thats all in japanese and its also offline now.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »
I think that's the biggest thing nintendo has that's pretty much acknowledged almost by everyone. They're developers are highly skilled veterans. And it seems from what i've read so far they're also pleasant to work with. It excites me a lot to think that bayo 2 could be bayonetta 2 with the polish and refinement of a nintendo product.

I cant really say too much tho since i've been avoiding spoilers since the video in the OP. We'll see

The original Bayonetta was as polished as any game so I'm not sure how much more Nintendo "polish" could add to it. Kamiya probably has the best track record in the industry too.

Besides, Platinum is hardly going to badmouth their publisher unless they have a falling out again.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2014, 05:51:40 am »
No and Platinum polish is a myth anyway. Anyone familiar with dev cycles talk all know the headache PG gave Sega with two of their games. Polish indeed, don't make me laugh...