Author Topic: Nagoshi's comments on Yakuza Zero in the newest Edge  (Read 18576 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Nagoshi's comments on Yakuza Zero in the newest Edge
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 03:33:53 am »
Exactly...All the japanese companies have rushed too early on the next gen and many have posted a loss in profits as a result.

Where have Konami, Capcom are indeed Square posted a loss this year ?

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2014, 05:19:38 am »

Where have Konami, Capcom are indeed Square posted a loss this year ?

In the same world where Sega posted a profit.
Now until you can break it down where exactly Sega posted a loss in the consumer department or even prove where Capcom made more money i suggest you stop derailing this topic and get back on it. Any further off topic nonsense and i'm going to report you to the mods. Its bad enough that you are saying the same exact thing in two different topics...but yet provide no prove. Now stop it.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2014, 07:07:07 am »
In the same world where Sega posted a profit.
Now until you can break it down where exactly Sega posted a loss in the consumer department or even prove where Capcom made more money i suggest you stop derailing this topic and get back on it. Any further off topic nonsense and i'm going to report you to the mods. Its bad enough that you are saying the same exact thing in two different topics...but yet provide no prove. Now stop it.

SEGA posted a loss this year, Capcom, Konami, Square haven't . And you're the one that keeps on about the 'bottom line' Only this time you've come a cropper on it , with SEGA bottom line showing a loss .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2014, 07:18:41 am »
Can we talk about Yakuza here, please?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2014, 10:35:31 am »
SEGA posted a loss this year, Capcom, Konami, Square haven't . And you're the one that keeps on about the 'bottom line' Only this time you've come a cropper on it , with SEGA bottom line showing a loss .

Then i guess everyone else here who is saying the same thing i have with the evidence to back us up are wrong then and you who haven't provided ANYTHING isn't.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:51:41 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 10:48:15 am »
Can we talk about Yakuza here, please?

Well i'm importing the game once its released...guess that's the only way to play YAKUZA these days..anyway..

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2014, 10:49:23 am »
Well i'm importing the game once its released...guess that's the only way to play YAKUZA these days..anyway..

I'm holding out hope the Chinese version has some kind of English subtitles. Even if it's 'All your base are belong to us' quality.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2014, 10:52:06 am »
Even if it's 'All your base are belong to us' quality.

Those days are long behind us...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2014, 11:09:57 am »
Those days are long behind us...

For a dedicated English translation I agree, but for a 'Asia Pacific - General' release? I wouldn't be surprised if the skimped. I know that Demon's Souls for example had different translations for the Asian and "English" release. Not sure of the quality of dialogue etc, but looking at a chart it was mainly just synonyms and minor changes (Flame Thrower became Flame Launcher, Crescent Axe became Half-Moon Axe etc).

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2014, 11:28:20 am »
About Yakuza, KHHsubs has released all of his translation parts of RGG5.

Overall I don't know if I like the end of the story, kinda hamfisted...and abrupt?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 12:42:59 pm »
Well i didn't like any of the endings of the RGG series from 3 onwards...tatoo bare chested men fighting..then final revelation and the big baddie revealed...on top of a high rise...

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2014, 03:03:39 pm »
I should continue with 5, I kind of stopped at Saejima's part because I'm a bit apprehensive towards the Hunting portion(well that and I thought about give KHH time to sub the rest), plus I imported VC3 around the same time and that caught my attention more.

For a dedicated English translation I agree, but for a 'Asia Pacific - General' release? I wouldn't be surprised if the skimped. I know that Demon's Souls for example had different translations for the Asian and "English" release. Not sure of the quality of dialogue etc, but looking at a chart it was mainly just synonyms and minor changes (Flame Thrower became Flame Launcher, Crescent Axe became Half-Moon Axe etc).

I generally don't trust SAE translations, after seeing the translation for Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment and a dub for CCS, granted the latter is an anime but it stems from personal example...I've also heard that the SAE translation for PSO2 was kind of terrible.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 03:36:17 am »
You have to get the proper translations..the problem is that in any translation or fanslation they don't always understand the words of the dialouge correct and get the meaning wrong from what was meant to mean something else.

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2014, 12:36:45 pm »
You have to get the proper translations..the problem is that in any translation or fanslation they don't always understand the words of the dialouge correct and get the meaning wrong from what was meant to mean something else.

Oh I'm quite aware of this, especially hearing translation woes from what a few localizers have said publicly and from a couple of my friends who fan translate a few shows have said (plus trying to learn the language myself).  I've learned that Japanese is quite context sensitive with some words sounding nearly the same, yet having multiple meanings (though can argue this for any other language I suppose).  I haven't even gotten on Kanji that much either.