Author Topic: What exactly is SOJ management good for?  (Read 19972 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: What exactly is SOJ management good for?
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2014, 07:14:10 am »

I'm on about the consumer teams simple as .

No the discussion was about SOJ overall...how sad that you keep backtracking...all the proof i need...

Try it

I did in this topic alone you just backtracked on the sega arcade teams making crap tech and games and then saying they're better. And really everyone KNOWS about your stance on the 32x and how you tried to twist that too. See tried it. with no little effort.

The deal was horrible and insulting to SOJ own internal teams . They should be allowed too and made to make action games, not pay a outside japan studio to do it for them . Its not like SEGA Japan hasn't or can't make great action games . 
Again you are an idiot. SOJ has always got second party companies to create titles in genres that the main teams already make games in. To point out PG as being an exception of the rule just gores to show you're lack of knowledge in video games and sega history.

I said 2005 . 2003 to 2005 was some of the best from SEGA. If you're going to make out that Panzer Dragoon Orta, VF 4 EVO, Yakuza , SEGA GT Online, F-Zero GX , OutRun 2, Outrun 2006 , HOTD III , Billy H were bad SEGA games ...I'll have to ask just what SEGA fan are you .
A sega fan with better taste than you. BILLY H was crap..i said that back then..VF EVO was a title that ended up doing something Sega didn't do before with VF by making multiple versions of VF with no real update. Also the tekken esque character style was UnVF like. And really those titles were released sporadically not on a constant basis so don't try that sega was releasing great games after great games..they weren't. A lot of the releases during that time was utter crap.

True projects cancled and games like Val moved to PSP to save on costs and keep risks low .

Yawn you are making out that Sammy hasn't stopped cutting...that is baloney. Everyone here knows they were re organizing because of the high R and D costs which was a company wide thing. When things got better sammy provided money for SOJ..yet SOJ still mismanaged the funds...So you can keep lying and twisting all you want...

CA haven't grown that much and Relic is hardly going to have a major impact and under Sammy SEGA West seen not only it's In-House presence but also its premisses diminish .  To do well in the USA you need to be on the consoles and offer the USA gamer games they want . Sorry the likes of PC games like Total War or Football Manager aren't really going to do it for you

Stop talking nonsense. The fact is if Sammy is holding sega back then none of those companies would n't have been brought by sega in the first place let alone expanded as in the case of Creative assembly. So yet again keep spreading the anti segasammy propaganda capcom loser fan...

PS4 and XBox One sales are 80% above that of what the PS3 and XBox 360 sales were. Shirking markert my ass
HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA\AA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aki slammed and owned you on that particular debate and was proved beyond doubt that this isn't the case...you are really delusional...its a regret i even started this thing with you. Its a waste of my precious time...

What Nagoshi-san going around Japan in a truck lol and the odd ad  . In the west it was ever worse with no major press or TV push . Pathetic
No it had plenty of advertising on TV and magazines and the web so stop talking poop...

Demon souls was made in This era.

Exactly, different eras and different times...hard to compare them..unlike you who keep slumping things together...

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:19:27 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2014, 08:49:01 am »
I did in this topic alone

Yeah and had a epic fail .  Try again .

SOJ has always got second party companies to create titles in genres that the main teams already make games in

Nope and it was different when SEGA was a console maker as you had to make sure one's console had a supply of new games, so you had to use outside studios to help out . These days SEGA Japan  just lost too much ground to it's rivals and its clear for all to see.

.VF EVO was a title that ended up doing something Sega didn't do before with VF by making multiple versions of VF with no real update.

What on earth are you on about ?. Evo was a massive update and a new game in its own right . Looking over the new characters (which were all brilliant ) VF Evo Arcade quest mode with real  AI data from VF 4 Arcade champions was incredible and way ahead of its time .

.that is baloney

Val was moved to the handheld to cut costs and less risk and SEGA Japan says goodbye to its Canvas engine .

Stop talking nonsense.

Get your facts right . SEGA Europe has downsizes massively and see huge job losses across the board with the likes of SEGA Germany being hit hard . SEGA America fared even worse with close down of Sonic Team USA, Secret level and again massive job losses in its main offices. CA also had to downsize and close its satellite studios .

Relic is a nice buy but they didn't do much for THQ and I doubt they'll have a huge impact for SEGA sales in the west   

Aki slammed and owned you on that particular debate and was proved beyond doubt that this isn't the case.

No he never and I'm posting facts based on NPD data and its simply a fact that PS4 and XBox One  sale are 80% of what 360 and PS3 sales were in their equivalent life time

Fact

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/14/playstation-4-the-last-of-us-mario-kart-8-top-the-sales-charts

According to NPD, "Hardware sales doubled in July 2014 (vs. July 2013), stemming from growth in eighth generation console sales which offset declines in seventh generation console and portable hardware." If you take the first nine months of PS4 and Xbox One being on the market, and compare them to the first respective nine months PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 were on the market, PS4 and Xbox One are outselling their predecessor combined by nearly 80 percent.

No it had plenty of advertising on TV and magazines

Rubbish it had nothing in USA or Europe and just the bog standard push in Japan .

Exactly, different eras and different times

Demons souls came out in the same era and same gen as Binary Domain *rolls eye's*

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2014, 09:51:37 am »

Yeah and had a epic fail .  Try again .

:)) You just can't stop lying can you? What a sad act of desperation..denial. :))

I'm not going to bother replying to the rest its just the same vicious circle..
But i will say this...
TA please leave me alone. You are a liar a spinner and a non entity. Your view on Sega and games in general is corrupted to fit your world view of things that wasn't true and not true now. I can't be bothered with people who wont see the facts when its plain looking them in the face as you did with the capcom topic. I can't be bothered with you making a whole debate out of a single comment which had nothing to do with the actual topic to begin with and i can't be bothered with ignorant people like you. Just don't bother replying. I'm fed up with your posts, you, and me making excuses for your behavior to other people in this forum.

If people are interested in the tactics TA uses i'd suggest you read this book..is down to him to a T....

Because that's effectively what dealing with TA is all about...

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:08:05 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2014, 03:18:26 pm »
You just can't stop lying can you?

You were the one caught out . Trying to make out I don't like SEGA Arcade games, only you came a cropper on that score ..

And you've been totally proved wrong on this generation sales vs the last generation sales  . Its took MS some 3 years to sell 10 million plus 360's , Sony some 2 year with it's PS3. Yet the PS4 does it in under 9 months and the XBox One is way ahead of the 360 in sales for the same period in their life time

This after the worse recession in living memory and you make out the market its decline - Laughable
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2014, 08:15:23 am »

I live in my own fantasy world..and i LIE too..yipee!

And im a Laughable even though i was proved wrong by four other people i will keep lying just so i can convince myself...

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=3081.0

This is the topic where TA's world gets owned and owned and OWNED again. Its a good read too!

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2014, 04:51:38 am »
How can one be owned when one is using actual market data ?
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2014, 06:31:36 am »
The idea that PC based developers don't make money is silly. In fact, there are a number of major advantages to PC based game development over consoles. Putting your games on Steam means you have much less overheads in terms of mass production of disks, boxes, manuals, shipping etc. Also you do not have a retailer such as Gamestop taking a massive cut. Valve takes nowhere near as much as bricks and mortar retailers. You can sell less copies and end up with a much bigger profit.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2014, 07:05:34 am »
The idea that PC based developers don't make money is silly.

I love to know why I or anyone had said that . I simply said games sales are better on consoles and for most of the major publishers, that where they make most of their money those are the facts and while the major players focus more now on consoles and spend huges sums on consoles development and shows like E3 .

In fact, there are a number of major advantages to PC based game development over consoles.

The biggest plus are the one's that's been there from the start .. ie no developer free's no need for the game to be approved or to make changes due to issues to quality control .  But then there are a few downsides to PC development and its lack of standardised hardware and how most of retail or the likes of MS now give PC gaming less of a push

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2014, 07:57:43 am »
How can one be owned when one is using actual market data ?

Yes the data aki used in his argument against you. Nuff said.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2014, 11:13:44 am »
Yes the data aki used in his argument against you. Nuff said.

? The simple facts are the Wii had a far better launch than the Wii . This generation of hardware for both SONY and MS  is way above that of last gen sales - Those are facts in fact the PS4 sells a million in the UK already - that's even infront on the PS2 sales for the UK .

Facts and anyone who looks at the likes of Ubisoft, EA and Activsions , 2K sales resuts will consoles sales out peforming their PC sales for the most part
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2014, 12:14:48 pm »
? The simple facts are the Wii had a far better launch than the Wii.

The Wii Cycle ::) ....If you say about the Wii U launch it was better but look the sales of established franchises from the Wii like Wii Fit, Mario Sonic, Wii Sports, Wii Party that have an entry in the WiiU and compares the sales. It is not the same thing.

This generation of hardware for both SONY and MS  is way above that of last gen sales - Those are facts in fact the PS4 sells a million in the UK already - that's even infront on the PS2 sales for the UK .[/size]

[/size]
[/size]If you consider that now there is more people who play videogames than before and is more a massive media than ever, yes but there is not much difference in the results because the average output is the same and also the amount of AAA titles is decreasing year by year.[size=78%]
[/size][size=78%] [/size]
Facts and anyone who looks at the likes of Ubisoft, EA and Activsions , 2K sales resuts will consoles sales out peforming their PC sales for the most part

Yes but they are not all the industry. Look Riot Games or Mojang or even Valve. With one game or service each one they have the biggest amount of players right now.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2014, 12:40:46 pm »
If you say about the Wii U launch it was better but look the sales of established franchises from the Wii like Wii Fit, Mario Sonic, Wii Sports, Wii Party that have an entry in the WiiU and compares the sales. It is not the same thing.

I'm not making out the Wii U had a better launch . The Wii had one of the best launches out of all the consoles, the Wii U launch wasn't that great.

If you consider that now there is more people who play videogames than before and is more a massive media than ever, yes but there is not much difference in the results because the average output is the same and also the amount of AAA titles is decreasing year by year

? I'm just making out that consoles sales in the west are far from in decline . This generation has seen simply amazing sales ratio's in the west (way above that of last gen) and this after the worst recession most people can ever remember .

Just look how much Activision made off the back of Density in one day . Over $500 million dollars and people here want to make out that consoles sales are in decline ?   

Yes but they are not all the industry. Look Riot Games or Mojang or even Valve.

In terms of size and revenue the likes of Ubisoft make the likes of Riot look small . All the big major players have their feets well and truly in the consoles and that's where most of them enjoy their best sales for the most part

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is