Author Topic: E3 2016  (Read 24224 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: E3 2016
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 10:28:42 am »
I was not expecting a First Person Resident Evil game, especially being the 7th game in the main series. That was the biggest surprise of  E3 so far. Telltale's Batman also looked pretty good. Horizon Zero Dawn looked good too.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2016, 02:38:57 pm »
Yeah so Zelda looks great. It had to honestly after such a long time development. I think Nintendo really had to figure a lot of stuff out themselves while others have already become accustomed to making open world games. Both Horizon and Zelda man. My games of the show

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 02:44:16 pm »
Zelda does look good despite the obvious visual downgrade from the first trailer.

I know it's not technically over, but all but one of the conferences are and I think this has been a good show. So many games in the works and there is a vast variety too.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2016, 05:39:13 pm »
Yeah the downgrade is quite apparent. From the first reveal I mean. I think its resolution and draw distance thats got sacrificed the most. Im not getting any consoles any more for a while so im just gonna go with the WII U version, but i wouldnt be surprised if NX got the superior version. It sucks, but yeah im done with their shit in general.

Offline Tad

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2016, 12:33:14 am »
There's been an interview with the dev making Resident Evil 7. They've said their will be combat etc in the new one, it's just going to be different. Not sure if you've seen it, but in the demo you can use a axe as a weapon when you unlock the draw. This demo is just to set the tone and puzzles it'll have.

Not sure if you've seen, but people assume there's only two endings, but I'm certain there's more in the demo. Repeat walk thoughs reveals different things you can do and discover.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2016, 10:24:45 am »
I havent really been following the RE7 stuff, except for getting that its blatently copying PT's marketing, quite shamelessly? I  think they're failing at it too, at least so far (if there isnt any secret ending in the game). I dont like that kind of attitude tbh. Hope the real game isnt actually what the demo is showing. Otherwise its totally deserved when it doesnt pay off for them.

Offline Tad

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2016, 10:27:21 am »
People have been very quick to judge it, but there clearly is secret endings. You can pick and see different things on multiple playthroughs. Nobody's yet to work it all out though.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2016, 12:10:09 pm »
I know the new Xbox One is called Xbox One S, but did Sony release a new version of the PS4?

Offline Tad

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2016, 12:58:24 pm »
Sony admitted it's PS4 Neo is real, but they're not ready to show it yet.

Speculation is that Sony heard what Microsoft's 'Project Scorpio' has and they held off from showing it. Sony have said though that PS4 Neo isn't the same as Microsoft's new setup of 'no one left behind' regardless of hardware.

It sounds to me as though PS4 Neo is just a stronger PS4.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:02:54 pm by Tad »

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2016, 08:23:48 pm »
Breath of the Wild was my favourite game of E3 and seems to be shaping up really well. I love that they started the demo from what seems like the start of the game and were out in the open world in 4 minutes. Seems like there's a bunch of different things open to you from the start and less handholding. Basically they're going back to the series roots and focusing more on the exploration aspect which has been more neglected as time went on.

Sony fucked up by not focusing a little bit more on Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0 and especially Persona 5. We ended getting Last of Us ripoffs after Last of Us ripoffs and Kojima's artsy farty teaser without anything tangible about the game. It was a boring as fuck conferece.

Offline Tad

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2016, 11:05:15 am »
I disagree about it being boring, but I do kind of agree with some of your points. They wouldn't have to focus on all of them, but Yakuza, Gravity Rush and Persona are all exclusives for Sony's console and unlike a lot of Sony's games (a trend from them at E3), these games are actually coming out fairly soon.

Perhaps they're keeping them for TGS/Eurogamer?

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2016, 09:11:54 pm »
Well, as I mentioned a year or two ago, I had a feeling Microsoft was going to be shifting Xbox to mean a general platform rather than a specific console. So that was interesting to see, and I'm looking forward to trying out Horizon 3 on PC as well as the 'bone. Personally I have no pangs of betrayal that Xbox games will be playable on multiple devices. If the implementation of Xbox Live party features is just as robust as it is on the console (actually it's been disappointingly spotty on the One compared to the 360) I could see myself eventually just shifting over to Xbox on PC.

I must admit I'm surprised that, in light of this initiative, their support/proliferation of Xbox configurations is really ambitious, with both the S and Scorpio on the horizon. I think it might be confusing to the average consumer that both S and Scorpio start with 's.' And it's hard to say who will be motivated to get an S knowing Scorpio will be out one year later. I did find it reassuring that they mentioned VR as a factor in the rationale for Scorpio, although it was brief and nonspecific.

Offline Tad

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2016, 11:39:30 pm »
Scorpio is just a project title, so it won't be called that on release. What's weird about that though, is Phil Spencer has done an interview pretty much saying unless you have a 4k TV, it's probably not worth buying a Xbox One S. How honest...not sure I'm used to that in this industry hehe.

I'm actuallyin the boat with you about the direction of their games working on everything. I'm happy with my PC, so now I don't have to buy an Xbox if any games I really like arrive on their console. I stil prefer their controller too which I can get for PC.

Got to say though, Sony have got me tempted to buy a PS4 now. Their games might not be out soon, but in addition to some of the stuff already released, it's looking pretty good right now.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2016, 04:40:52 am »
What's weird about that though, is Phil Spencer has done an interview pretty much saying unless you have a 4k TV, it's probably not worth buying a Xbox One S.

He didn't just say that and yeah he's pushing the 4k a lot, but MS pushed the 720p of the 360 and unless you had a HDTV would really couldn't fully appreciate the HD splendour of the 360. Even if you don't had a 4K TV, you're going to see a pretty big jump in gfx given the Scoipor is going to have what is simply a beat of an GPU for consoles  .

It's really good to see MS get serious about Console grunt again and far from turning their back on consoles. Both SONY and MS had great shows with some brilliant games, the gfx in God Of War and Gears IV just looked insanely good. Nintendo on the other hand.. one wonders why they even bother anymore 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2016, 12:04:12 pm »
Glad you mentioned that. Apparently Reggie has said the NX "isn't about specs" and it will "recapture the family audience" like the Wii.

Yeah...