Author Topic: SEGA's Top Spin 4!  (Read 6515 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: SEGA's Top Spin 4!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 09:46:58 pm »
So I played the Top Spin 4 demo. Not bad, but Viruta Tennis has spoiled me. TS4 had no in-game music, a bland announcer and far too many control options. The animations in TS4 were impressive, but at times I felt like I didn't have total control of the players, like they'd stop running when there was no change of me hitting the ball. Meanwhile, in VT you could keep running off court like an idiot despite missing the ball. I guess TS4 feels like real tennis, as though it's a Sunday afternoon and you're watchign a game on TV. Meanwhile VT4 looks to have that SEGA goodness and hints of unreality, like giant SEGA signs in the background. I mean really, when was the last time a real tennis game had SEGA ads on the walls??

Lack of crazy music and wacky mini-games makes TS4 a pass for me. Looks like a fun game, but why consider it when there is a Virtua Tennis to come? With Move/Kinect support to boot!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Grant360

• Total Meseta: 2
Re: SEGA's Top Spin 4!
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 03:47:48 am »
I like the Top Spin style. I am no tennis pro, but the fact that in order to really hit a decent shot you have to get in position early and really tee up your shots as well as time shots on the run is really good. Virtua Tennis is more arcade but I think looks better visually (just) and has a more in depth career mode and mini games.I would give the nod to VT as a series but only just. Certainly in the UK VT times things better by releasing closer to Wimbledon which is the only 2 weeks of the year us brits care about tennis.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »