Author Topic: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City teaser  (Read 4827 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City teaser
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:11:00 pm »
[youtube:3uqnkt0a]bDe_-KlZpBA[/youtube:3uqnkt0a]

Don't have much to say.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City teaser
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 01:01:41 am »
Is that supposed to be a remake of 2 & 3?

It looks pretty bad and at this point it is just a cash in on the name, the series came to a disappointing end with RE5.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 06:04:18 pm »
The guys who did Bionic Commando: Re-Armed also worked on this game.

Capcom really is milking the RE cash cow this year.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 05:09:13 am »
Does it matter?
I won't buy it.

Resident Evil was a story based game and it came to a disappointing end.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:45:09 pm »
Quote from: "max_cady"
The guys who did Bionic Commando: Re-Armed also worked on this game.

GRIN developed BioCom:ReA, this is from Slant Six in cooperation with Capcom. Besides, GRIN got shut down.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 03:11:06 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Does it matter?
I won't buy it.

Resident Evil was a story based game and it came to a disappointing end.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the story, the gameplay of RE5 was pretty awesome I thought, RE4 was even better. Although I don't think the story degraded by a huge degree from the original games though. I will say the atmosphere changed drastically though.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 04:26:32 am »
Only with 4 did Gameplay become a priority.

It was all graphics and story telling prior to that, Resident Evil 0 and 1 (remake) and the PS2 games were all inferior in terms of gameplay when compared to Code Veronica.

Resident Evil 4 basically changed the dynamics in every way, the plot was largely stupid but the whole B movie one liners and character development got a lot of new players hooked. RE5 didn't evolve much in terms of gameplay they basically copied a few things from GOW (I haven't played GOW, I've just read this). RE5 was supposed to merge the deep story of the previous games with the character developement and Survival Action based gameplay of RE4 and it dropped the ball in both aspects.

The whole 2 player thing took the entire tension away, and made the game... dare I say relaxing. Their was know tension or threat we were merily exchanging weapons and giving health preventing the other player from dying.

Wesker's ultimate motivation were nonsensical, his actions weren't any sensical either so it was an all out disappointment.

That said, I'll be getting RE5 Gold. to play the 2 extra chapters.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:55:58 pm »
I actually like Resident Evil 5 more than 4 in terms of story and gameplay. I do agree though that the scares and atmosphere are a lot more freaky in the other Resident Evil titles. As for this new game, I will have to wait and see what the gameplay is like.  If it's something like Left 4 Dead than I will have minimal interest, if it isn't though I very well may pick it up.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 06:55:43 pm »
Slat Six? The guys that did Socom on PS3 (not 4).

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 06:00:35 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Only with 4 did Gameplay become a priority.

It was all graphics and story telling prior to that, Resident Evil 0 and 1 (remake) and the PS2 games were all inferior in terms of gameplay when compared to Code Veronica.

Resident Evil 4 basically changed the dynamics in every way, the plot was largely stupid but the whole B movie one liners and character development got a lot of new players hooked. RE5 didn't evolve much in terms of gameplay they basically copied a few things from GOW (I haven't played GOW, I've just read this). RE5 was supposed to merge the deep story of the previous games with the character developement and Survival Action based gameplay of RE4 and it dropped the ball in both aspects.

The whole 2 player thing took the entire tension away, and made the game... dare I say relaxing. Their was know tension or threat we were merily exchanging weapons and giving health preventing the other player from dying.

Wesker's ultimate motivation were nonsensical, his actions weren't any sensical either so it was an all out disappointment.

That said, I'll be getting RE5 Gold. to play the 2 extra chapters.

I really disagree with the notion that RE 1-Code Veronica were just about Story and Graphics. The gameplay was slow, but that was the idea. It was a horror game, you had to plan everything carefully because you could die really easily and you had next to no ammo or healing equipment most of the time.

I think we both agree that RE4 and especially 5 really removed a lot of the 'horror' and atmosphere and became something else entirely.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 02:15:07 pm »
Yeah, when I said Gameplay I probably meant combat.

As it was all a mind game, puzzles after puzzles with a few zombies in between.
Ammo was never sparse for me, I guess I was a big miser cause I used the knife a lot and I am talking back in the days when the quick stab wasn't even an option.

Oh, and if I had to choose I would choose RE5 over 4.
As predictable and cliche the narrative is it atleast feels like a part of the series.

4 on the other hand is an outstanding game, just not a Resident Evil game.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 04:26:32 pm »
I am not really as much of a fan of the series as I thought I was, but the original trilogy had kind of a hopelessness to it, the Silent Hill games were praised for similarly gimping your character, though in those games it was on purpose.

I remember reading an article on Gamasutra that discussed how games like Alan Wake are too well designed to be scary as games like the original Resident Evil trilogy were. Your character is far too competent to ever feel too hopeless and you can always find a safe haven with the light.

It was an interesting read for sure, and made me realize how games like Ecco the Dolphin, which has bizarre mechanics and a very high learning curve had honestly continued to scare me almost every time I played it years later.

The only one in the original trilogy I have beaten, and rather recently was Resident Evil 2. I actually would find myself somewhat scared by how it could feel hopeless sometimes, how ammo would run dry and how limited I could actually save the game, fearing anything around the corner could kill me and make me start over to where I was 2-4 hours ago. It was very frustrating, but it was a mechanic I was really impressed by and also one I think you would have to be stupid to include in a game now if you wanted it to do well with most people.