Author Topic: Rise of Nightmares  (Read 16234 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Rise of Nightmares
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 08:14:59 am »
Well I've just bought the game and as feared it's not brilliant , but that's not because of the game it's self but the Kinect unit games that need player movement in all directions need a pad it's as simple as .

IGN review is taking the piss a bit, there's some fun to be had here, it's a 6 out of 10 game really.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2011, 02:24:40 pm »
I wish I could have a go at the game, but I don't have my Kinect with me at the moment. I did look at a walkthrough of the game last night and got a HotD vibe abit mixed with little of Bayonetta/Panzar D. It was just weird. The story was good though.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2011, 06:00:11 am »
I've played an hour of the game last night and I'm really enjoying it!

Had the game been pad controlled, it would lose a lot of it's appeal. It would end up being a so-so melee zombie game. I've found the Kinect controls to be responsive, the story to be very House of the Dead inspired and the actions have a good variety and are intuitive. My only complaints: no other play modes outside of story and from what I hear it can be a short playthrough. So $50 might be a bit too expensive, still it has the same amount of gameplay as any SEGA lightgun game, but has far more freedom in terms of actions and movement. Review to come...