Author Topic: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Grounder

• Total Meseta: 0
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
« on: October 22, 2011, 03:33:55 pm »
I think this is the best puzzle game on the Genesis, and not just because it's a Sonic game. Plus you can also battle Scratch and Grounder in it! XD I own the game on Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube and Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3 and one of those crappy ATGames Sega consoles with the built in games, but recently I decided it was good enough to also own the original cartridge. Game Gear version ain't bad either (I also have this version).

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 03:54:59 pm »
I'm pretty terrible at that game, but I suffered through it to get the trophy in the Genesis Collection on PS3.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 05:15:15 pm »
I love that game for three reasons:

• The AoStH connection. The game released when I was at the height of my AoStH obsession.
• The music
• The gameplay, so freakin fun! Only later would I learn it was Puyo Puyo and since then I've bought Puyo 2,3,4 and 5. Also, my mom loves the game. Only Genesis game I could get her to play. My dad liked Jeopardy.

Offline ribbitking17

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 02:13:55 am »
This game has a mysterious feel to it. Like Barry said the music is great too.

I loved how hard this game was (is) when I was younger. It was fun to pass the controller around from person to person dying, thousands of times. And the challange vs modes were really fun and had the absolute cheapest handicaps

Offline ribbitking17

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 02:15:12 am »
Thoes last couple of sentences make this game sound not fun.  :-X

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 08:30:20 pm »
Had such great times with that game in 2 player mode. Honestly it's the best version of puyo puyo. Not even the newer puyo puyo's outdo it to me. There was just so much win about the game's presentation. The best thing was the music

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 07:41:58 am »
Shame Sonic Generations did'n't include a mention to this classic. I could see Chemical Plant modern or classic being awesome with this tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZpb1IhPgpY

I guess thats what custom soundtrack is for.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 06:15:41 pm »
This game was really awesome, still is. Man the memories of me buying this at Toys'R'Us, I have to admit I had little idea what it was and just presumed it was a Dr Robotnik game haha, it was not as fun as I thought it would be but it was damn awesome still.