Author Topic: Yakuza 5: Info on Haruka's dance battles  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Yakuza 5: Info on Haruka's dance battles
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:27:50 pm »
Here's a nice writeup explaining how Haruka's dance battles will work in Yakuza 5, including some screenshots.  Sounds like a fun system!

http://yakuzafan.com/post/31503370029/new-info-about-yakuza-5s-dance-battles-with

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Yakuza 5: Info on Haruka's dance battles
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:18:19 pm »
It sounds like a fun minigame, not as a primary gameplay mechanic. Remember that playing with a character isn't just a quick hour of fun, it can be a 10 hour packed experience. I think this will attract more japanese people but really in no way is  this going to apeal in the west.

Personally I think Haruka should have not been playable at all if this is the only way to make her playable. Initially when I heard she was playable, I thought she would woop some asses as well. I thought it would be quite interesting to see Kazuma's adopted daughter to become a very strong woman eventually. I guess they decided otherwise and tbh i'm not happy about dancing as a main game mechanic in my yakuza.

I do have to say that those environments look gorgeous. I just recently got dead souls(finally) and from being used to that the yakuza 5 defenitly looks alot better.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:22:05 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:55:11 pm »
I'll have to wait and see... from just reading about it, I think it sounds like a good way to diversify the gameplay experience.  In 4, we of course had 4 protagonists with their own styles, but essentially we were using the controls in the same way for each one.  This way there's something significantly different going on.  And to me the thought of random dance battles in the street is pretty funny.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 02:41:15 am »
I just really hope it's better than I think. Chances are they put all their focus to japan now and that it may never get localized at all...