Author Topic: Segas lack of conferences sucks.  (Read 18027 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Segas lack of conferences sucks.
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2010, 05:49:51 pm »
All great points, but the games ARE coming out, and they are great.
So they aren't making a big deal about it.. So what.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2010, 08:41:05 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"

Yeah why should Sega try to promote their stuff, so what.

I know what you mean, but I'm just miffed that the fans didn't really get anything unless they were there, and non-fans are gonna think 'lol sega' because they'll have to resort to shaky cam footage of a guy saying 'lol wat dis yakoozer'. It's not that hard to put together a nice trailer or and whack it on Youtube as an 'E3 2010' trailer.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

Yeah why should Sega try to promote their stuff, so what.

I know what you mean, but I'm just miffed that the fans didn't really get anything unless they were there, and non-fans are gonna think 'lol sega' because they'll have to resort to shaky cam footage of a guy saying 'lol wat dis yakoozer'. It's not that hard to put together a nice trailer or and whack it on Youtube as an 'E3 2010' trailer.
That is true. But have you thought that you have been getting a stream of announcements over time while other companies fans have to wait until E3 to get it all at once?
You don't get the same hype, but overall you get more stuff on the games you like.
At least that how I feel. But of course I would love to see some trailers and gameplay compilations and stuff get released! It's sad Sega didn't make them, but we are getting great games so it's hard for me to get as "mad" (not really that word..) at them..
SEG4GES

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2010, 03:00:19 am »
Can't Sega just break up with Sammy or it doesn't work that way?

Sega can't break up with Sammy, since Sammy is their owner.

However, Sammy was near to break up with Sega this year, if they have not made profits on CS. And, sadly(?), they have made profits, so...

And now there are rumors in Japan about Sega and Sony merge. Holy shit! XD

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2010, 03:19:47 am »
I think also there must be had some issues with the new announcements, since we know that Nagoshi is working, at least, in 2 new IPs for the West. There is also a new Phantasy Star game, a new Sawada game and some more that Sega has not officially announced yet.

One new IP for the west, which happens to be a shooter  :lol: , and tells the story what its like to be Human . Great shame its just a load of bullshit on paper and no game . Nahoshi-san other game , well that been in development since before Kenzan and no-one seen it, not even his Team

You best get used to the nagoshi-san bullshit, because that's all it is .

But, wait, they have not yet finished their first deal, and people wants more   One game takes years to become finished. Especially these ones with high budget.

We have just to wait. That's all OK with Sega. We have also AAA(tri-Ace). I'm sure they are doing something new right now.

Yeah Great, Storm , SEGA pay Platinum to take all the risk with SEGA money and for thier Teams ti get all the hype and learn how to make action games and what works inthe West . Meanwhile SEGA own teams are put to use on Sonic for Natal . That's great and sets up SEGA teams ready for the Future  :evil:

Tri-Ace ? Yes again what a great way for SEGA to spend cash, never mind SEGA has some of the best RPG teams in the business, That could be put to use on Next Gen sequels to Saga, Skies , Val, PS ECT . No lets pay other teams to make Next Gen multi Platform RPG's.

This is such a sure way , not to show confidence in your own Teams (sorry you're rubbish we pay for outside teams instead)  and Train up your Line to what its like to make Next Gen games . Yep I've got to say SEGA Japan are looking good for the future  :roll:
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2010, 12:54:36 pm »
The Platinum guys have a track record making games that actually make sales to contemporary western audiences.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2010, 01:39:42 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Stylista"
The Platinum guys have a track record making games that actually make sales to contemporary western audiences.

This must be a wind up post ? Lets look at Clover record. Viewtiful Joe: not a great seller. Okami: not a great seller. GOD Hand: Complete flop .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2010, 02:13:34 pm »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"

This must be a wind up post ? Lets look at Clover record. Viewtiful Joe: not a great seller. Okami: not a great seller. GOD Hand: Complete flop .
Still, all great games.
The videogame market moves in mysterious ways.
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2010, 03:20:48 pm »

More like a when will you get it post.

I should know better that if I don't state something specifically you are going to spin it into some silly. . I'm referring to Mikami and Kobayashi, specifically, and how a single RE or DMC title outsold all those Sega RPG's combined you want Sega to invest in sequels for.

How do you (or don't you?) rationalize Sega management justifying spending $10-20 million developing and $5 to $10 million marketing internally developed sequels to Skies, Val, Saga when the original games didn't sell?

Oh, it's all the fault of the evil ceo, right?

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2010, 12:58:21 am »

I should know better that if I don't state something specifically you are going to spin it into some silly. . I'm referring to Mikami and Kobayashi, specifically, and how a single RE or DMC title outsold all those Sega RPG's combined you want Sega to invest in sequels for.

DMC and RE are Capcom IP.  Now SEGA bought into the Clover group , and they were more famous for working on Okami and the likes of God Hand  Viewtiful. I mean Yoshiki Okamoto record at Capcom was almost 2nd to none, not that's really helps his Gamers Republic Team at the mo .

Action games, Gun games sell in the west . That's what SEGA Japan needs to make, but that isn't the SEGA way now is it ?.

How do you (or don't you?) rationalize Sega management justifying spending $10-20 million developing and $5 to $10 million marketing internally developed sequels to Skies, Val, Saga when the original games didn't sell

Saga ? I wouldn't really bother, not yet . Skies II or a Val III?. Making it Multi Platform and use the Canvas Tech . You get a lot hype , a lot of press coverage and maybe some decent sales .The huge trouble for games like Skies was that they came out on the DC , we all know it would have sold way better on the PS2

Really though A Shenmue III would be the better option . The west likes that style of RPG , the hype for the game is tremendous . Who knows a Multi Platform Shenmue could just about work, either that or a full on proper next  sequel to PSO

Still, all great games.
The videogame market moves in mysterious ways.

I thought Okami was a boring pants fest myself, But I get the point
One could say just the same about the likes of Saga, Orta, JSRF though
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2010, 01:19:45 am »
I'm going to try and use 'pants-fest' more often in conversation. Well played TA.