Author Topic: If you can pick one game to be remade for the modern era -  (Read 16134 times)

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: If you can pick one game to be remade for the modern era -
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 03:56:01 pm »
I would want them to revisit none of them, because they are less talented today than they were when the originals were made.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 03:59:29 pm »
I was gonna ask the same thing. Like, that Sonic 2 HD project didn't excite me at all. Nothing needed to be improved, not even the graphics or music which are awesome as is.

Really, I'd think Saturn titles which struggled being in 3D at times would benefit most from a remake.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 04:09:52 pm »
Why Sonic 3 & Knuckles? Genuine question, just because I don't see how that game could be improved by modern means. The graphics are still nice in a retro way and the controls etc couldn't be improved either.

I understand how you feel, but I personally was stunned by Generations' Act 1 for Green Hill through Sky Sanctuary.

I revisit Sonic 3 and knuckles a lot. I would easily pay full retail for that game to be remade in Generations form. The genesis sonic games have an aesthetic that can always benefit from improved 3d tech. They tip-toe around this concept of remaking the original genesis games with Sonic 4, but miss the mark. Generations got it right.

Oh and the music, nothing needs to be said here. They would be godly remade as fully arranged tracks.

Oh oh oh and imagine the 2 player racing mode that Sonic 3 had!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 09:48:18 pm »
Why Sonic 3 & Knuckles? Genuine question, just because I don't see how that game could be improved by modern means. The graphics are still nice in a retro way and the controls etc couldn't be improved either.

the game is excellent the way it is, true. but it'd still be nice to see it get like a nice treatment for modern days. giving it that fresh experience again. S3k is a huge game(like 14 zones and 3 different characters?) and replaying it never gets old. A game doesnt have to be a badly aged game or an okay game to deserve such a treatment imo. Why not a title thats allready great? i really like the idea of it being done with modern graphics and a remastered soundtrack. For me the idea became especially apealing after playing sonic generations on the 3ds. Not the greatest game, but mushroom hill looks and sounds great. It felt good in a way.

Basically its not nescesary, but it'd still be great if it were done the right way(done the right way are the keywords here). It would kind of like freshen up that experience and make it feel like when going through it the first time in the 90's.... If that makes sense.....

I would want them to revisit none of them, because they are less talented today than they were when the originals were made.
lol yeah and this is why i wouldnt want them to do it. But i was saying it with in mind if they did have the talent.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:53:56 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 01:16:02 am »
Super Hang-On

After the rumor of an Outrun 2 style sequel years ago, I've been craving it.  I can't get enough of that game.  Obviously I'd enjoy an HD Shenmue with better controls and I think I'd enjoy a new Sonic R.  The advances in graphics would do wonders for that game.  Hell, I'd take a new AM2 developed Outrun 2 sequel as well.  It's going to be the same game but we've come what, 10 years in graphics tech since Outrun 2?  Bring it.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 10:17:41 pm »
Super Hang-On

After the rumor of an Outrun 2 style sequel years ago, I've been craving it.  I can't get enough of that game.  Obviously I'd enjoy an HD Shenmue with better controls and I think I'd enjoy a new Sonic R.  The advances in graphics would do wonders for that game.  Hell, I'd take a new AM2 developed Outrun 2 sequel as well.  It's going to be the same game but we've come what, 10 years in graphics tech since Outrun 2?  Bring it.

I would love to see a new Outrun by AM2.

Offline thearcticsea

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 05:34:49 pm »
To me Outrun is kind of done, in that Outrun 2 is a perfect game.

In my opinion there is nothing that could be done to improve Outrun 2, or Outrun Coast to Coast (my most-played PSP game). Graphics would obviously improve, but honestly to me the graphics of Outrun are not super important. Maybe I'm wrong?

Hang on.... now that's my all-time favorite Genesis game, and I'd kill everyone I've ever loved to play a new one on Vita.

Offline stang2712

• Total Meseta: 1
    • my deviantart
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 03:48:27 pm »
segagaga easily because i feel like due to the popularity of the virtura console xbox live arcade could shed some more light on some of the characters and i feel like that type of rpg as been becoming more popular as of recent

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 03:59:07 pm »

Hang on.... now that's my all-time favorite Genesis game, and I'd kill everyone I've ever loved to play a new one on Vita.

Speaking of which...the newest Harley liccenced Arcade game from Sega pretty much plays more like a Next-Gen Hang-On rather than the first Harley game.

Take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYPMw4Mc8Jg&list=PLOnC-JsvcP3hMwXCeQaR3MQxbnzqIULjP&index=1

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 12:41:09 am »
Shenmue
Made by SEGA

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 04:32:09 pm »
Speaking of which...the newest Harley liccenced Arcade game from Sega pretty much plays more like a Next-Gen Hang-On rather than the first Harley game.

Take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYPMw4Mc8Jg&list=PLOnC-JsvcP3hMwXCeQaR3MQxbnzqIULjP&index=1

Eh that is certainly neat, but Super Hang-On had that Outrun feeling to it.  The music, design, simplicity...it was all part of what made the game.