Author Topic: Sega Genesis Video Entertainment Cabinet  (Read 6605 times)

Offline TheIrishNinja

• Total Meseta: 0
  • Blue skies forever!
    • Hondo's Bar
Sega Genesis Video Entertainment Cabinet
« on: March 25, 2013, 02:44:34 am »

okay, one more request and i'll behave: i know old cassette/8-track holders work, but ive been looking high & low for this thing for my loose carts (particularly the ones The Cover Project doesnt have), pic comes from one i missed on ebay, haven't seen it since.  ive checked craigslist/craigfind as well, what other resources do you guys use to find older stuff like this?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Sega Genesis Video Entertainment Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 12:15:36 pm »
Wow that is very very specific. It looks wonderful.
SEG4GES

Offline TheIrishNinja

• Total Meseta: 0
  • Blue skies forever!
    • Hondo's Bar
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:11:42 pm »
right?  holds 36 carts, way more than the other products sega put out for it.  just cant find it anywhere online! 

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 07:29:58 am »
I have this sweet cabinet from my childhood:

It was made for Genesis, NES or SNES and can hold a Genesis Model 1, 2 or 3 inside the cover. However, a SEGA CD/Genesis/32X is too big, so I placed the console on top the lid and keep my Nomad and Game Gear, as well as a bunch of Game Genie code books, inside. There is also little compartments inside that can hold extra A/V cables. The two drawers hold 32 Genesis boxes, with enough room on top for loose carts (about 24 total, or more if they're Game Gear games).

---

Just found this on ebay, holy shit it is amazing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Genesis-Or-Master-System-Case-Center-Cabinet-In-The-Box-/170928607786?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item27cc23922a
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:34:40 am by Barry the Nomad »

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:36:20 am »
I have this sweet cabinet from my childhood:

It was made for Genesis, NES or SNES and can hold a Genesis Model 1, 2 or 3 inside the cover. However, a SEGA CD/Genesis/32X is too big, so I placed the console on top the lid and keep my Nomad and Game Gear, as well as a bunch of Game Genie code books, inside. There is also little compartments inside that can hold extra A/V cables. The two drawers hold 32 Genesis boxes, with enough room on top for loose carts (about 24 total, or more if they're Game Gear games).

---

Just found this on ebay, holy shit it is amazing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Genesis-Or-Master-System-Case-Center-Cabinet-In-The-Box-/170928607786?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item27cc23922a

I had that very same cabinet. However, when I purchased that thing, it had been repackaged to advertise "Holds PlayStation, SEGA Saturn and Nintendo 64." That's funny to me.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 09:44:53 am »
Ha! So they rebranded it? That's too funny. I guess they just tried to stick any ol' console in it, and if it fit, it would get advertised on the box.

The thing totally feels built for a Genesis Model 2, though. It fits the console perfectly, and the drawers are perfectly sized for Genesis carts.