Author Topic: Sonic Generations (PC) is the best Sonic game since Sonic 2. Discuss...  (Read 18977 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Sonic 4? What sonic 4?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
I thought Episode 2 was fun. Episode 1 was alright, but I enjoyed Episode 2 personally.

Both games got destroyed by the press though, unless your IGN "Sonic's back, baby!"

iizuka doesn't seem to be very fond of anything that resembles a classic Sonic game though. So probably won't be getting one outside of Mobile Phone ports anytime soon. Which is too bad, i'd like to play the Taxman ports on consoles.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:15:38 pm by Will »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
It's just weird, and I guess good at the same time, that it just feels like they never really mattered. Really personally I just wish to forget about them completely.

I agree with george though. 2d games are being brought back full force in retail quality on nintendo platforms at least. After experiencing games like tropical freeze it'd be great to see sonic get that treatment as well. Considering the smaller budget and sonic working best in 2D.. and if they were capable, it'd be great to see the outcome. Sonic generations 2d gameplay just didnt do it for me personally. Despite preferring classic gameplay, I replayed modern sonic more often

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
It's just weird, and I guess good at the same time, that it just feels like they never really mattered. Really personally I just wish to forget about them completely.

I agree with george though. 2d games are being brought back full force in retail quality on nintendo platforms at least. After experiencing games like tropical freeze it'd be great to see sonic get that treatment as well. Considering the smaller budget and sonic working best in 2D.. and if they were capable, it'd be great to see the outcome. Sonic generations 2d gameplay just didnt do it for me personally. Despite preferring classic gameplay, I replayed modern sonic more often

That's because classic sonic in Generations is straight up awful.  The only thing they got right was his design and the sound effects.