Author Topic: Segabits SEGAGAGA:Saturn...How would you have launched the Saturn in america?  (Read 2585 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Ok..if you were in charge of Sega during 1990s and the Saturn was to launch in America and UK how would you launch the system with what games? Games at launch and games for the Saturn's first launch year/first year.

For launch...The 32x wouldn't have happened under my watch but it would exist as a MD to Saturn converter.

So that leaves me with 32x games becoming Saturn titles.

Also the launch year would change to 94 instead of 95.

I would release a mix of titles from Sega's arcade titles from that period and titles that weren't ported but were released earlier in the nineties.
Also the Saturn would have key peripherals with titles that would USE them and use it as a selling point.

DOOM(key title to attract gamers)

STAR WARS ARCADE(key title to attract consumers)

VIRTUA RACING DELUXE(the saturn version wouldn't have happened)

GOLF MAGAZINE:36 GREAT HOLES STARRING FRED COUPLES(title to begin Sega Sports saturn run)
MOTORCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP (title to begin Sega Sports saturn run)

CLOCKWORK KNIGHT

VIRTUA FIGHTER(SANS BUGS)(key title to attract sega fans and gamers alike)

GOLDEN AXE :THE REVENGE OF DEATH ADDER (with four player adapter)(Title to attract Sega fans)continues the key element of a Sega franchise moving on in a new system)

SPIDER MAN THE ARCADE GAME(continue Marvel license first with a port and then WEB OF FIRE in 96)

KNUCKLES CHAOTIX(title to attract Sonic gamers with tease to main sonic saturn title in game)

Come to a deal with Konami/Capcom and companie licensees and release either reprogrammed Sega games or joint thing their 4 player titles

XMEN
GI JOE
ASTERIX
SIMPSONS
ALIENS VS PREDATOR
CAPTAIN COMMANDO
BUCKY O HARE

within last months of 1994 before focus on newer titles from that period start to dominate in 95.

In 95

Rest of the better 32x titles
KOLIBRI
DARXIDE
etc..

METAL HEAD(key title after christmas period/new year 95 title)Will use SEGA VR device when launched  in summer.

By the time the PSX had its launch..Sega releases a second wave of titles that would counter the games that they had

DAYTONA USA (to counter Ridge Racer)
VIRTUA FIGHTER 2 (to counter Toshinden)
PANZER DRAGOON (Hype as nothing you seen on consoles before)
ASTAL(hype as new character in the tradition of Sega 2d platformers)
ZAXXON MOTHERSHIP(counter Raiden PSX)

Christmas release: From november/to early december
Relaunch Saturn ie with japan's version look as TA suggested)pack in with STH Saturn game for new consumers to boost sales)

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG.( game to showcase the saturn with sega's most recognizable character in order to get consumers)
People who has old model will buy the game..people withouta saturn yet will buy system with Sonic packed in) Double whammy against competitors)
VIRTUA COP (Light Gun pack)

Too be continued...

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
I would have gone with a 1995 July launch myself and launched it with the following games ...

Clockwork 1 and II as a single package , like the game was meant to be.

Panzer Dragoon

Virtual Fighter Remix

Bug

Astal

Doom

Star Wars

Virtual Racing Deluxe

Sonic CD

Comix Zone

NFL Quaterback Club

Shadown Squadron

System to have been the same colour, joypad and design and the Japanese model and I would have packed the system with Daytona USA . So not many could moan at the the tile, when its given away with the console  :))

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure