Author Topic: A way to make an AA SoJ' franchise games (Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe).  (Read 5680 times)

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies

This topic is about make suggestions about how do you like it to be handled or made an specific game of certain franchises originated in SOJ but with a world appeal like those examples but , as an extra, I will put certain rules that are not obligatory for your opinion but they are based of certain things that benefited certain releases in the last couple of years like Generations or Valkyria Chronicles. Those rules are:

- The game needs to be only digital.
- It could be for PC, Online services or Mobiles or all of them.
- The game should be in 2D or 3D, the choice is yours.
- Not overly expensive but a good amount of advertisement in a way or another is necessary .
- Not only next-gen. It could reach that later like many games do it now.
- At least a year and a half in development.
- The game doesn't needs to prove anything to anyone, it is only a game to enjoy.
- Have fun writing.

Remember, this is only Opinions. Things like "demonstration of facts", wars, propagandas against X developers/enterprises are not allowed or tolerated .

If anything of that happen, I will advise the mods and they will cut the fun. So please, be nice to share any ideas.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:13:05 pm by Nirmugen »

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
so basically the Strider(2014) model?

Offline Nirmugen

Mmmm, maybe.. ::)

The only thing different would be how they handled it. A good advertisement and not a big amount of money was really what they needed it.

Offline Nirmugen

Mmmm, maybe.. ::)

The only thing different would be how they handled it. A good advertising and not a big amount of money was really what they needed it.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Sega Reborn by Sega Australia was shut down so....nothing soon I would say.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
I think this is more open and shut than it may otherwise appear for platformer. The digital release route, moderate investment, stuff like that. You're asking for something like Shinobi 3DS or Strider 2014. I don't think dialogue is as much of a concern for these gamesas long as they're not actively stupid. Could probably get away with cheeseball writing.

Shinobi would have to be handled very differently if going for a platformer. While I thought it was a fun game, without a lot more extras releasing a platformer at full retail price (but through online) isn't going to work and the visuals have to up to par, as it was cited enough to be a concern. If the concern is action game, well it doesn't seem like we're quite at the point where character action games are going to be limited to the digital space, but an action Shinobi would have to be fairly short.

The bigger problem is if you're trying to revive a traditional scrolling beat-em-up as another traditional beat-em-up game. I'm not sure of the last successful beat-em-up after Castle Crashers, though admittedly it's not a genre I keep up on. but the genre, I get the impression, isn't healthy if lack of attention to classic franchises or production of newer ones is any indicator. the indie space isn't a good compass here since we're talking about major third party devs. Scott Pilgrim was never intended to a mass market game IMO.

If the Battletoads rumor pans out, watch out for how that develops.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!