Author Topic: SEGA confirmed that they're porting more of their past games to PC  (Read 9180 times)

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: SEGA confirmed that they're porting more of their past games to PC
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 05:26:25 pm »
It's funny how majority-funded games by Nintendo like ZombiiU and Lost World will be released in PC.

Exclusivity deals are more flexible this gen.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 05:34:09 pm »
Exclusivity deals are more flexible this gen.
Third party games that are exclusive because of deals are almost always a timed exclusive unless the publisher is the the console manufacturer. This isn't just the case with this gen, at the very least it's been happening since last gen.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 05:37:58 pm »
Third party games that are exclusive because of deals are almost always a timed exclusive unless the publisher is the the console manufacturer. This isn't just the case with this gen, at the very least it's been happening since last gen.
Yes but companies now paid the whole development for making a timed exclusive.

The Sequel of Tomb Raider couldn't be made if Microsoft didn't pay the big buck.

I think "pro-competitive market" clauses in deals and contracts are a thing.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 06:55:08 pm »

Actually, some bigger publishers are being more flexible when it comes to exclusivity this generation in the sense that they're letting the developers keep the rights to their IPS. Microsoft is doing alot of that, lately, with the whole PC-Xbone joint gaming platform they're trying to push, it's actually pretty cool. Nintendo is more tight when it comes to that but they have a good relationship with Sega since they make a shit load of money with that shitty Mario/Sonic at the Olympics. Plus Bayonetta 2 was an act of good faith from both publishers at Platinum Games.

Timed exclusives is also much more prevalent, like you said.

Lost World is keeping the Nintendo themed DLC so they have that going on for them. It's the new hip thing this generation. Exclusive fucking DLC.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:57:03 pm by Phantasos »

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 07:05:18 am »
The Sequel of Tomb Raider couldn't be made if Microsoft didn't pay the big buck.
That's just PR though. They could have made a Tomb Raider sequel without Microsoft. It just wouldn't have a ridiculously big budget.

Lost World is keeping the Nintendo themed DLC so they have that going on for them. It's the new hip thing this generation. Exclusive fucking DLC.
Don't worry, someone will mod that DLC into the PC version. :V

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 05:27:35 am »
Lately I sort of get the feeling that PC/Steam has a lot of SEGA fans reach. Im not too sure about that tho. Valkyria chronicles was kind of the perfect game for PC as somebody else mentioned. But how would a skies of arcadia do for example?  I guess a game like that could be the ultimate test?(This is me wishing for a SOA port :( )

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 05:32:07 am by CrazyT »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 03:18:51 pm »

The sequel to TR was being made long before MS came in with the cheque book, I think you find.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline EnternalHope

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2015, 06:37:26 pm »
I wonder how Yakuza would do on PC compared to Ps3

I believe SEGA Games wants to expand on Steam ports because that's where most of their loyal and hardcore fans are at!