Author Topic: Capcom & Namco Team Up For the Fight of the Century  (Read 5218 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Capcom & Namco Team Up For the Fight of the Century
« on: June 07, 2010, 05:12:19 pm »
Days before E3, details have “hadoukened” their way through our door that strongly suggesting two major companies may be teaming up to bring a fighting game the likes of which have never been seen.

A well established informant has come forth to announce a partnership between fighting series veterans Namco and Capcom in order to deliver a truly epic clash between the Street Fighter and Tekken series. No other news was given, but we are lead to believe that further proof and details could be revealed just a few days from now when the excitement of E3 begins.

Given both companies recent trends, like the announced sequel to “Marvel Vs. Capcom 2“, it has been said that the likeliness of another major crossover, like this one, was greater now than ever before in these two companies history. Moreover, this combination of vastly different fighting styles is one of unprecedented proportions in the fighting genre, and leads many to wonder which series the game’s style will ultimately favor. Regardless, many fans have long debated on which series is truly the superior fighting title, and very soon we could be given the chance to put those words into fist-flying action, and settle the score.
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/06 ... e-century/

This is the same site that leaked the PS3 slim and The Last Guardian trailer early.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Capcom & Namco Team Up For the Fight of the Century
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 05:21:51 pm »
Sounds unlikely, but it's possible.
Would it play like a 3D fighter or a 2D fighter? Is Capcom going to be working on this with MVC3 and SSFIV content? Didn't Namco just announce Tekken 7?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:19 pm »
They said they were working on a new Tekken. The developers have stated they would love to do a cross over, named Virtua Fighter before. So It is possible.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 05:33:50 pm »
"lol Tekken" is all I have to say. Capcom, you could do better. Hint, their logo is blue.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 07:26:44 pm »
I do not think they would announce another crossover fighter so close to their announcement or release of Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Namco though... Come on man, come on. At least go with Square-Enix, I mean, they are shitty, but people know SOME of their characters.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 08:29:10 pm »
Quote from: "Orta"
"lol Tekken" is all I have to say. Capcom, you could do better. Hint, their logo is blue.

I wouldn't go there, Mademan might call you a Sega fanboy and suggest you won't buy games from other companies.

Na, just kidding... It's only me he does that with.  :afroman:
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 09:54:53 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "Orta"

I wouldn't go there, Mademan might call you a Sega fanboy and suggest you won't buy games from other companies.

Na, just kidding... It's only me he does that with.  :afroman:

If you can show me an example, I'll apologise if I spoke out of place or offended you.

For real though, Capcom vs Sega would be good, but not sure if it would be a fighter or something else. Sega and Capcom fighters, like Tekken and SF would be grossly different.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 09:59:28 pm »
Maybe it'll be like Smash Bros. with chibi-fied versions of the characters.

Just a random idea, since we all know that Tekken and SF's gameplay don't match.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 11:04:56 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
If you can show me an example, I'll apologise if I spoke out of place or offended you.

I'm not offended but I did think it was rather out of order to suggest I wouldn't buy a game because it wasnt by Sega or that I would insult YOU if you didn't like one. I've spent plenty of time complaining about Sega games and I have plenty not made by Sega. Just because I think Sonic 4 might be a good game and enjoyed Sega Racing and you don't doesn't make me any more of a fanboy.
Made by SEGA

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 11:27:35 pm »
I don't really see this happening. Especially with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 seeming like it's going to be their big game at E3.

Besides, there was already Namco x Capcom
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_%C3%97_Capcom

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 11:36:24 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"

I'm not offended but I did think it was rather out of order to suggest I wouldn't buy a game because it wasnt by Sega or that I would insult YOU if you didn't like one. I've spent plenty of time complaining about Sega games and I have plenty not made by Sega. Just because I think Sonic 4 might be a good game and enjoyed Sega Racing and you don't doesn't make me any more of a fanboy.

Well you kind of insulted me for not liking Vanquish, and you also continually call people who don't like Sonic 4 'whiners'. Not to mention you looked up a vid of sonic fans complaining and then said it was me and Sanus... In any event, I know you don't mean it personally, but I do still find it annoying sometimes. Anyway, no hard feelings. The Joe Danger one was just an appropriation of your Vanquish post.

And yeah, like Soup said MVC3 is their big cross over game. They didn't even want to release 3S or CVS2 online because tehy didn't want to 'flood the market' and presumably take sales from SFIV, so I don't see them doing something like this.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 12:24:16 am »

Well you kind of insulted me for not liking Vanquish, and you also continually call people who don't like Sonic 4 'whiners'. Not to mention you looked up a vid of sonic fans complaining and then said it was me and Sanus... In any event, I know you don't mean it personally, but I do still find it annoying sometimes. Anyway, no hard feelings. The Joe Danger one was just an appropriation of your Vanquish post.
If you were insulted by what I said in the Vanquish thread then I apologise but it wasn't at all serious...

As for the Sonic 4 thread I've taken a fair share of bullshit for thinking it seems like a good game as I've given for people not liking it. I didn't go out of my way to find that video someone linked me and again, it wasn't serious.
Made by SEGA

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 09:15:05 am »
LOL! Another one? They said that they were not able to do "namco cross Capcom 2" due to the fusion between namco and Bandai. Same thing happened with SNK and Sammy; all the x-overs get canned.

Time has passed, maybe they can do things now. Despite the fact that Bandai Namco Games is falling down... I would love to play another x-over. I love x-overs!

I just hope to see Sega X Capcom anytime soon, as a 2D fighter, using 6 buttons!

Tekken X Virtua Fighter would be fun, I'm not against this idea.