Author Topic: the new SEGASAMMY Management System  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
the new SEGASAMMY Management System
« on: June 25, 2010, 02:44:17 am »
http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/ ... _final.pdf

For the purpose of thoroughly operating from the perspective of customers as well as building a cross-business corporate structure, a regional system will be introduced in the sales divisions of the Amusement Machine Business, Amusement Facility Business and Consumer Business, and each business will be reorganized under a newly established “Sega International” and “Sega Japan”. In addition, to expand our development outlook and prevent the decentralization of resources, a “Sega R&D/ Production” will be newly established that will consolidate the development functions of the Amusement Machine Business and game software business.

also Toshihiro Nagoshi is not anymore the General Manager of Consumer
R & D Group , instead he is just General Manager of his own team R & D Div#3, Sega R&D/Production . ( previously known as SEGA CS1 )

i also noticed something in the Creative Officers positions , there is no AM Division or CS Division anymore !! they are all specified as Sega R&D/Production ?? is that mean by any chance that all of the teams will have the choice to create games for both Arcade and home entertainment ??

the whole thing will take affect 1st of July
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: the new SEGASAMMY Management System
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 05:31:44 am »
Can someone break it down, I hate understanding this stuff :( .

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 05:56:49 am »
They keep changing the internal structure every six months. It's impossible to keep track of who does what. Hell, it's impossible to build cohesive teams.

From what I understood, there are four teams now, R&Ds 1 to 4. R&D1 isn't mentioned in the document. Since I don't even know what the structure was past the reintegration of the "Dreamcast-era teams", I'm not sure where or what Iizuka's team is, for example. AM2 seems "intact" though.

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 09:13:13 am »
Quote from: "Orta"
From what I understood, there are four teams now, R&Ds 1 to 4. R&D1 isn't mentioned in the document. Since I don't even know what the structure was past the reintegration of the "Dreamcast-era teams", I'm not sure where or what Iizuka's team is, for example. AM2 seems "intact" though.

no this list does not mean that SEGA's current structure will split into 4 studios .
the list you saw is just the creative officers positions not the studios structure .

we will need some time to understand the new structure . mostly through the japanese media .

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 07:11:33 pm »
Consolidation of amusement and consumer sounds like a big deal. Hopefully leads to more arcade to digital releases.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 03:11:57 am »
Quote from: "Orta"
They keep changing the internal structure every six months. It's impossible to keep track of who does what. Hell, it's impossible to build cohesive teams.

That was the whole point of making them 2nd Party studios, Sega wouldn't have to devote resources to structuring them and that they could peacefully work on their games all they had to do was get funding for concepts approved.

How can they produce quality games if teams will be shuffled every 6 months.

I looked around a bit and this is the main section relevant to us:
NEW R&D CO (General Manager of R & D Div. #3, Sega R&D/Production)
HEAD Toshihiro Nagoshi
OLD R&D CO (General Manager of Consumer R & D Group, Consumer Business Group Div.)

R&D CO (General Manager of R & D Div. #2, Sega R&D/Production)
Hiroshi Kataoka
R&D CO (Manager of AM R&D Dept. #2, Amusement R&D Div.)

R&D CO (General Manager of R & D Div. #4, Sega R&D/Production)
Masao Yoshimoto
R&D CO (Manager of AM Product R&D Dept., Amusement R&D Div.)

What is weird is I can't find Studio#1, this looks to be just a cosmetic change as the AM teams are still shoved into one corner except AM1, AM2 is still AM2 and New Entertainment is New Entertainment.

This is exactly the kind of bull shit that is destroyed Sega, all the AM teams with the exception of AM2 is bull shit they need to be freed up, instead Sega chooses to give their share of investment to platinum games.

I am assuming studio#1 is Sonic Team.