Author Topic: Majima's Yakuza has a website with an image.  (Read 17835 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Majima's Yakuza has a website with an image.
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2010, 07:56:20 pm »
Not only that, but it has a big original score (orchestral and even a handful of vocal tracks), a huge cast of VERY good voice actors, and on top of all that they even have a very big online mode with lots of game types.

Looking back on it, the game really is very very impressive.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2010, 01:52:42 am »
I'm quite bewildered by all of these Yakuza games being thrown out there. Does anyone else feel like SEGA should slow down a bit?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2010, 03:09:30 am »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
I'm quite bewildered by all of these Yakuza games being thrown out there. Does anyone else feel like SEGA should slow down a bit?

Of course, but they really want a major brand here.

As long as the outstanding quality is there I see nothing to complain about, really.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2010, 11:58:04 am »
God Eater sold over half a million in February in Japan. Again, the top position in a chart does not matter, it is the entire state of the chart that matters.

Yes it matters, it shows that people still buy video games in very large numbers . You also well know, summer time with its long nights and people going on holidays means a big turn down in sales, which is why Videogame corps tend to hold off new IP until the winter.

Yes, but Final Fantasy XIII is an established series in the West and still manages to get great sales overseas. Whilst if the game was primary developed for Japan, it would be released with a core Japanese focus.

FF is not an estabished series onthe 360 or X-Box format, and Square only made the switch to 360 development, very late in. It is at its heart meant for the PS3 and the Japanese. Square have woken up to making huge games for a limited market and a single platform is complete madness .

Shame SEGA can't see the same with Yakuza.

I did not say it will not, but the fact is Take Two has spent a colossal amount of money that they would need excellent cash flow to keep themselves going

SEGA has had millions and millions in cash flow. I'm getting sick of people making out SEGA can't compete with the big boys .  And we don't know how much Red Dead cost to make, but I would imagine its around the 50 million mark.

Metal Gear Sold 4 cost $70 million to make and an excess of $100 million was spent on Grand Theft Auto 4, easily it falls in between there.

It didn't cost 70 million, that was what the 360 Defence force use to use to bash  MGS. I'm sure konami came out and rubbished those claims .
I can't see how MGS IV would cost any more than the like of GOW III to make

It's easy to assume something like Kenzan cost about $20 - $25 million to develop, the fact Yakuza 1 and 2 combined took SEGA $20 million to make. Likewise, it's easy to also assume that Yakuza 3's budget was $20 - $25 million

Thanks, I would also think Yakuza III cost 25 million to make. More so if after 500,000 at the higher PS3 price range in Japan, SEGA said it just about broke even . I'm sure Konami said it needed to sell a million MGS IV to make a profit . So we can sort assume it would have been double the budget.

$25 million on a game with a limited user base in Japan, and next to none inthe west Is sheer madness in this day and age. Then this is SOJ.

Or we can cut out the terrible fat that is Sonic Team games and give that money for good games. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic Chronicles all performed poorly, and Sonic Rush Adventure, Phantasy Star Universe, Phantasy Star Zero and Sonic Rivals 2 all missed their targets.

Well Sonic 06 , Sonic Unleashed sold better than any single Yakuza you could care to mention.  We all know PSU was a mistake. That not happen again with the new Sonic Team .

SEGA is just not structured to be able to pour that amount of money, they need to get the money back sooner rather than later. Sacrifice either Sonic games, Yakuza games, arcade games et all and you are slowly eating into their cash flow that is already restrictive for SEGA thanks to Sonic not selling what he use to.

Maybe waking up to making games for the world market, multi Platform is Key ? . That's is why I find it such a waste to make Yakuza appeal only to Japan, and single platform. SEGA Japan needs to wake up to the Western Market and the 360 base.

Yes and if they've made money through Platinum Games then it is a good investment.

Not when its being done at the expense of your own In-House teams . Sooner or latter SOJ In-House teams need to learn what it takes to make World Wide games , Multi Platform . It just has too, or SEGA will die a slow and painful death . SEGA can't afford to screw up, for the next generation of Hardware.

Yes it would not have cost as much, but the risk is relatively the same as it could very well make Remedy close up shop, or at least have a rocky few years.

That is the problem most small corps will face. Remdey aren't in SEGA or 2K league though .

And again, relative, Activision could clear out Bizarre Creations just to save money in the end.
 They could, just like SEGA with its own Racing Team .

I did not say the recession caused low sales in them, just Capcom has now had a line of duds, you can add Ghost Trick to that to, which at 50,000 after a few weeks, is already struggling to break past it's original 100,000 shipment.

You say that,while the likes of Red Dead and Harry Potter sell like how cakes. I expect they'll be a rush on the new Slime 360 . The likes of Bionic commando and Dark Void were just average or poor games .

Its it true that software sales in the USA for May were actually up from last year ?. Games/software sales  is a sector that can perform well in a Recession, as more people stay in to save money .

And because it was low costs, Capcom did not ensure millions of dollars in losses. Infact even with three terribly selling games, they still managed a profit

Well that what happens when you have IP like Re5 that can sell millions and millions , and a cash cow that is Monster Hunter (even did will onthe 360). Though we don't know what the LP II sales fig's will do for Capcom next set of results .

Game sales are down in the United Kingdom, that is despite the fact we've had one of our busiest spring periods in recent history. The same applies to America and Japan. The recession is biting away at industry revenues.

There is  a lot of factors playing in the UK. Great weather , and the World Cup will all have their impact on games sales . Games sales are still strong in the west, Japan is another story .

So why SOJ insists on backing this market with a Hugely expensive exclusive I do not know

We are looking to the past, but production of a video game cost much less, infact you could make games with three guys in a garage back then, that's just not the case anymore. The market is not expanding for games to cost what they do, games are costing over $70 million to make, despite the PS3 and 360 hardly combining to outsell either the PS2 last generation or the Wii this generation.

Looking to the past , tells you a few things . Console Hardware was more expensive and games cost a lot more, with Snes games costing upwards of £60 and Mega Drive games well over £45. We also have 3 and half million people with out a Job, and Interest rates in double figurer. Yet games sales were still very high, and SEGA did quite well in the 90's UK recession.

And most games do not cost 70 million make. I'm sure the figure is far more close to $40 million . And when a game costs 40 million to make, you need to make sure its Multi Platform and with an eye onthe West , becasue that's where the money and sales are .So again why SEGA isn't doing this for Yakuza , just shows me how inept and hopless Sega Japan really are

Still lets wait until Tokyo Game Show, I guess
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2010, 04:05:12 pm »
Well Sonic 06 , Sonic Unleashed sold better than any single Yakuza you could care to mention. We all know PSU was a mistake. That not happen again with the new Sonic Team .

what the new sonic team had to do with this ?
what i am sure about is that sonic team has nothing to do with Phantasy Star franchise anymore .. the PS Staff and Sonic Team members are both in separated teams since PS Zero . ( of course this is before the new structure , no one knows their status right now )

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 05:23:16 pm »
So there's a PSP Yakuza, Goro's Yakuza, and is the one at TGS this title or something different?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 05:48:58 pm »
I think this is the one that will be at TGS.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 05:52:26 pm »
Quote from: "Supa"
So there's a PSP Yakuza, Goro's Yakuza, and is the one at TGS this title or something different?

The TGS one is the Goro one.
Made by SEGA