Author Topic: New age changes to Sonic the Hedgehog we actually like  (Read 11714 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: New age changes to Sonic the Hedgehog we actually like
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 12:40:00 pm »
But were talking about the best Sonic model... and I really dont ever want to see those trainers ever again... let alone used for every Sonic game.

As for Shadow, I liked the character back it came out and I was 15... Everytime I replay the game since he just gets more and more lame.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 01:59:07 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
But were talking about the best Sonic model... and I really dont ever want to see those trainers ever again... let alone used for every Sonic game.

As for Shadow, I liked the character back it came out and I was 15... Everytime I replay the game since he just gets more and more lame.
Yeah, in every Sonic game would be tiresome..
I know this would upset some fans maybe, but personally I'd like it if Sonic had different shoe design every game. Always red-white-red of course, but with different styles..

I guess each time you play the game everything becomes more predictable of course. I think what killed everything about Shadow was everything after SA2. At the end of SA2 he dies. Ok, heroic epic awesome in a furry kind of way. Then he resurrects(?) for Sonic Heroes. That made no sense.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 02:54:59 pm »
I can still remember when Shadow was that one-off character that died in SA2 and was rather cool. Sort of like how for a while Knuckles was a neutral character, like Boba Fett, and a tough SOB.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 12:45:35 pm »
I also have to agree with everyone on Sonic's model in Unleashed. I think it is by far the best 3D model of him to date, and it would be an extreme shame if they ever replaced before this console generation is up.

Even though they constantly add too many characters and most are boring, the only one I really hate is Silver. I just do not see how anyone can like him and think he goes up against everything the series is about.

The best part of Shadow's game was how they had those rockets from Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, but this time they would shoot you into the sky then turned into a parachute which you could jump off of if you wanted to speed up the fall. This is an extremely good idea and I think it should be in all of the 3D Sonic games games from here on out. Remove those rainbow rings and put these in!

Also good way to start the thread... You complaining about Sonics mouth being where it has always been was CLEARLY not nitpicking. What was I thinking! It's so important to the flow of the game and such.

I only had a minor complaint about when Sonic talks now it looks like he has only just barely survived a stroke. It was just one sentence and a minor complaint about me thinking Sonic Team is retarded, but you keep going on about it. Grow up and stop trying to pretend it has always been that way, I have proven it was not.

Quote from: "cube_b3"
I liked the Kick/Slide they introduced in Sonic 06 it was better than the roll from Sonic Adventure 2 as it was faster.

It was first in Sonic Heroes I think, and personally I would just prefer him rolling. Not the somersault, but you know... Just general rolling. He is a hedgehog, that is what hedgehogs do.

Offline Hanyou

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 10:17:18 am »
By New Sonic, I assume you're talking about Adventure onwards, correct?

Then I'll go out on a limb and say it: The Adventure games, as well as Sonic Heroes, had some of the best music the series has to offer.  SA1 actually has my single favorite soundtrack from the Sonic series, which is no small feat.  It was a logical evolution of the classic style, but it rocked harder and was just cheesy enough to really capture the feel of the levels.  It was also fittingly nostalgic.

Case in point:  SA1 offered both the kickass "Bad Taste Aquarium" (for Hot Shelter) and the sentimental "At Dawn" (for Speed Highway).  These pieces are quintessential Sonic, and fit right alongside classics like Sonic the Hedgehog 2's soundtrack.  Unfortunately, since then, there have been several duds in the soundtrack department (see Sonic and the Secret Rings, the Sonic Rush games), and I'm not sure about too many of the post-Heroes Sonic games as a whole, but at least initially, the music wasn't half-bad.

I really hope they stick to the J-Pop/ J-Rock style that the original games had in future entries, because Senoue really did a good job when Sonic debuted in 3D.

I also agree that Sonic Unleashed's model is the best 3D one, but I still prefer the classic model from the old games, so it's not really a step up overall.

Offline ribbitking17

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 02:06:18 pm »
That first song is garbage and I really dont care for the second song either.

Sonic needs a new model in 3d if they used the old one it would probly look just as good as this http://www.segashiro.com/wp-content/upl ... ar-ASR.jpg

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 03:50:47 pm »
I have been really dissapointed since sonic adventure 2. I hated how sonic kinda lost his identity and was all serious all of a sudden. People complained and what did we get? Too kiddy sonic games. They just missed the point. The quality sucked as well so I was kind of losing hope. But now... in the year of 2010 things look their recovering.

Sonic colors just gives this oldschool vibe to it. They seemed to have tweaked and polished a lot of sonic unleashed's controls. Dumbed down the boost making it slower and the boosting bar empty's a lot faster. Also the contols look to be less slippery and platforming plays a big role in the game(sweet mountain video).

If there's something i'm happy about with modern sonic, it's not specifically something I like about the new age sonic, but how sonic is actually slowly resembling more of the older style.

It's been anounced that the story for sonic colors will be made by those who did the story of madworld. Hope this turns out well. They might nail a sonicstory for once.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 09:22:15 am »
It's been anounced that the story for sonic colors will be made by those who did the story of madworld. Hope this turns out well. They might nail a sonicstory for once.

What?... Madworld the black and white Wii game full of gore?

When was this announced and who are these writers?
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 09:39:16 am »

http://seganeptune.com/2010/06/19/mad-w ... wait-what/

That’s because there will be a story component within the game, according to writer Arthur Gies.  Sonic storylines of late have been a touch hokey, but if you’re automatically tossing Sonic Colors in the same realm as SBK or Sonic Unleashed from this news, Gies offers an interesting footnote to the lead:

While I didn’t get to see any story aspects of Sonic Colors, Izuka and US producer Patrick Reilly mentioned that American writers (whose previous credits include Madworld — yes, that Madworld) have been hired to create a story for the game that both adults and kids can get into.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 10:56:43 am »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"

http://seganeptune.com/2010/06/19/mad-w ... wait-what/

That’s because there will be a story component within the game, according to writer Arthur Gies.  Sonic storylines of late have been a touch hokey, but if you’re automatically tossing Sonic Colors in the same realm as SBK or Sonic Unleashed from this news, Gies offers an interesting footnote to the lead:

While I didn’t get to see any story aspects of Sonic Colors, Izuka and US producer Patrick Reilly mentioned that American writers (whose previous credits include Madworld — yes, that Madworld) have been hired to create a story for the game that both adults and kids can get into.

Hype rising.

I hope for the same kind of kids and adult friendly humour in movies like Toy Story and Shrek. I have faith in those writers and I'm glad it's not written in Japan.
Made by SEGA

Offline Hanyou

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 04:00:14 pm »
Hype rising.

I hope for the same kind of kids and adult friendly humour in movies like Toy Story and Shrek. I have faith in those writers and I'm glad it's not written in Japan.

I got into a discussion the other day about how I'd totally love a Sonic movie if it were directed by Pixar.  Honestly, they could make people weep about toys--they could make a sentimental, and simultaneously funny, story about Sonic.

I'm not familiar with MadWorld myself, but I've heard good things about it.  I've always believed Sonic's story has potential.  Sonic 3 and Knuckles actually had shockingly good presentation and a decent story for its time.  Um...I generally prefer Japanese storytelling.  Love JRPG's.  It's just Sonic Team that's fucked up.

That said, it will be the gameplay that redeems the game, and I'm not in the mood to buy into the "Sonic Cycle" right now.  This could be a collaborative effort between Miyamoto, Suzuki, and Yuji Naka and I'd still be skeptical.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 06:29:40 pm »
Yuji Naka is awwwright.

I really liked that Sonic anime in the 90's.
Something like that from Sonic X's creators would be nice too. I also loved that Night of the Werehog animation. Sega should put some thought in for a movie if these new games turn out good.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 08:48:28 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
I really liked that Sonic anime in the 90's.

STRANGE ISN'T IT!?

Also, Knuckles needs to wear that hat again.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 08:57:10 pm »
Knuckles should wear that hat always.

Robotnik's design was funnier back then as well. Never understood why they changed it.
SEG4GES