Author Topic: Yakuza 3 reviewed by 3 Yakuza!  (Read 5960 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Yakuza 3 reviewed by 3 Yakuza!
« on: August 10, 2010, 06:36:05 pm »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Yakuza 3 reviewed by 3 Yakuza!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:55:58 am »
Overall, the game is favorably received by the three yakuza playing it. While it vilifies organized crime in many parts, in the end it glorifies the yakuza and gives the protagonist just cause — it was good PR for their profession. Plus, it is not wildly off the mark in depicting the modern yakuza. Ironically, the sections that Shirokawa seemed to enjoy the most were cut out of the US version: mahjong, the sexual massage parlor, and the hostess clubs. After I explain to him what Sega cut from the US version, he said: アメリカ版を買った奴がかわいそうだ。セガUSAが最低だね.(Translation: I feel sorry for the people who bought the American version. SEGA USA sucks.)

I feel sorry for the perverts whose favourite part of the game is chatting up hores. The over emphasis on the hores is a contributing factor to my disdain towards the franchise.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:55:39 am »
These whores you speak of are entirely optional mini games.

Also I don't get why people are so uppity about flirty girls in a game about kicking the shit out of people on the street... What world do you come from where sex is worse then violence.
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:17:18 am »
Remember, he couldn't stand the word "fuck" in Overkill and disliked the (in my opinion very humorous) incestuous plot device. Pay little heed to the "hore" remarks. ;)

Besides, the Yakuza series has so much more (Bentley Jones reference) than just a hostess mini-game, but ladies sell and SEGA would be foolish to downplay the Yakuza gals in their marketing.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 01:28:50 pm »
Funny how Cube never complained about how something like how Rouge the Bat (a main character from Sonic Adventure 2 and many releases after) was designed specifically around sex appeal.

Also, have you guys even ever seen what most real yakuza look like? They are disgusting peop-

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 02:37:10 pm »
Why is it that where ever I post the discussion turns into me rather than the actual topic.

@Segauranus: I've not seen real life Yakuza's and I wouldn't play a game about gisdusting people. Second we've never talked about Rogue and I think it is an established fact that she's a terrible character.

@Barry: Fuck You! :D

@Ryan: I would like to thank you for being only one in the thread, discussing the topic. You have posted a very thought provoking point, and after a minuite of thinking this is what i've got:

Voilence has always been in videogames, from the ancient times of Golden Axe. You beat people to the ground till their bodies disappear. Sex appeal in video games has always been their, and it is a much needed touch. People who played the orignal Golden Axe must have found Tyris Flare an incredibly beautiful and sexy character why else would their be so much fan art in her name (I am not discussing any weird retarded art, I am talking about the quality potraits, that fans have made of her).

Then you have Yakuza, where you have the virtual concept of going to a club, buying a girl to talk to, charm her and then fuck her. The entire minigame isn't congruent with the character of Kazuma Kirya, because in the 1st game he was totally in love with Yumi and hell bent on finding her all the while serving as a surrogate father for a 9 year  old.

No, I think it doesn't the only reason it exists is to satisfy pathetic men, who have no hope of interacting with any from the "female genre" (took that from the IT crowd awesome british series). That is why, you have these perverted hostess competitions where the community gets to select the hore they fanatsize about, and with Yakuza they will virtually be given that chance.

I am sorry if I offend anyone, but that is just pathetic especially when it doesn't even fit into Kazuma's quest.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 02:43:06 pm »
Cube, do you seriously want a second warning? Write out your thoughts rather than resorting to childish swears. And I'm keeping this one confined to the public forums so you can't hide behind PMs.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 02:49:10 pm »
Hounestly I've tried working with you, but you just don't deserve it.

You should be issued a warning because you always make every thread I post in about me!

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 02:51:47 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Then you have Yakuza, where you have the virtual concept of going to a club, buying a girl to talk to, charm her and then fuck her. The entire minigame isn't congruent with the character of Kazuma Kirya, because in the 1st game he was totally in love with Yumi and hell bent on finding her all the while serving as a surrogate father for a 9 year  old.

No, I think it doesn't the only reason it exists is to satisfy pathetic men, who have no hope of interacting with any from the "female genre" (took that from the IT crowd awesome british series). That is why, you have these perverted hostess competitions where the community gets to select the hore they fanatsize about, and with Yakuza they will virtually be given that chance.
Quite spot on.

Though I think you may be taking it a bit too seriously.
A known fact is that games are meant to be fun. And most (japanese?) fans of the game like the idea of taking control of a badass Yakuza dude (even if that's only partially consistent with the plot) and doing all these shady activities they wouldn't do in real life. So it is fun for them to try out what it would be like to be that badass. And that's where these *optional* parts of the game come to play. The fans enjoy it and that makes the game better.

Still, I do think it's a bit derogatory to include it in such a nice game. But in my opinion the US version shouldn't have these parts cut.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 03:04:44 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Hounestly I've tried working with you, but you just don't deserve it.

You should be issued a warning because you always make every thread I post in about me!

Cube, when somebody makes a post like you first did in here, you're going to have to accept that people are going to reply to the post and discuss it. It's how message boards work. In your perfect world, it seems that every comment should fall directly in line with the way you see things and every thread you create will flow like some grand conversation you have laid out in your head.

You complained about the "hores" in the game, I replied pointing out that you have disliked dirtiness in past games and that it's probably best for Sharky to not to take the comment so seriously. Sounds like a proper use of message boards to me. A reply to the thread, a response to the reply and a reply to the previous response.

On the flip-side we have your recent comment of "fuck you :D". Explain to me how this falls in line with the proper usage of these boards? Considering we have had arguments in the past, it clearly won't be taken as a joke. The only way I can read it is that you resorted to aggressive name calling rather than typing out a level headed reply.

So as in filmmaking, let's try a TAKE 2 and see if things can't go in the right direction (i.e. you properly replying, or simply ignoring my post, and me not having to type all of the above out again)  8-)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 04:19:32 pm »
Kazuma does not even have sex with those women, he is just getting a massage and fantasizing about the woman. If anything, I would be more worried about his relationship with Haruka...!

But honestly, I do not see the problem, especially when it is all extra content not related to the story. The city the games are based on are specially known for their hostess clubs too, so why remove them? Whorehouses are different things anyways.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 04:08:21 am »
That article was supremely entertaining.

"An ex-Yakuza wouldn't run an orphanage"
"Well there was that one guy that did. Real good guy remember?"
"Wasn't that a tax-shelter?"
"Well, yeah, but he ran it really well."

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 05:19:41 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
That article was supremely entertaining.

"An ex-Yakuza wouldn't run an orphanage"
"Well there was that one guy that did. Real good guy remember?"
"Wasn't that a tax-shelter?"
"Well, yeah, but he ran it really well."
That was my favorite part lol
That and them complaining about Kazuma's red shirt.
SEG4GES