Author Topic: The Best Unleashed Glitch of All Time  (Read 4436 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
The Best Unleashed Glitch of All Time
« on: July 16, 2010, 06:59:18 pm »
I generally disliked everything about Sonic Unleashed because of the confined nature of the game specially in the day time stages, since the folks at Sonic Team weren't competent enough to give Sonic a functional camera, they decided to remove almost all freedom of movement.

Then to make matters worse they reintroduced Side Scrolling, I know how people love Sonic in 2D, but I personally prefer the explorative design of Adventure and 06, I know that 06 is a completely broken game or a beta and the camera angles in Andventure are dated but I just liked free running in any direction.

I spent hours exploring the mystic ruins and this glitch shows abit of that in unleashed
[youtube:19mibohl]9V5OhrXyLUI[/youtube:19mibohl]

While most of the video is screwed up but for a brief moment Sonic runs through Green grass and that just looked awesome and I know most of you are contempt with the Unleashed/Colors style but I would love it if one day the orignal Adventure formula was perfected.

This is one of my most cherished moments in 3D Sonic History
[youtube:19mibohl]MsY8r4GNtGU[/youtube:19mibohl]

Specifically "At Dawn" I spent a whole hour exploring that area mainly cause it was love at first beat and I couldn't get enough of the music, I just kept running with the cars and getting hit by them it was an amazing experience.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:31:43 pm by cube_b3 »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: The Best Unleashed Glitch of All Time
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 07:24:47 pm »
this post is classic cube!

I agree that the 3D in adventure was a lot of fun, but 06 all but destroyed chances of it returning in the capacity that you're hoping for. While I'm not going to say 2d sonic is perfect, I believe it is the purist form of Sonic.  

Ps that ps is just going to piss people off. Better you just assume the best of people than warning them. It comes off as insecure on your part.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 08:54:47 pm »
I liked the exploration in Sonic games too.

Sonic Unleashed really sucks for it though, cause even though the levels look massive, once you get out of area X, which isn't a huge area, you just fall through the floor.  They only made the areas solid that they had to make solid.

Chan-nun had these long winding path ways that I wanted to run on so bad out in the distance.. XD, and I managed to find a way to break out of the pre defined path, but I only managed to fall through the floor.

Offline fernandeath

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 06:43:52 pm »
I believe These moments are better entitled "easter eggs" rather than "glitches"...

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 08:06:59 pm »
THIS is the best Unleashed glitch:

[youtube:y8krwcai]Sw4wYc8c8cU[/youtube:y8krwcai]

*shot*

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 10:19:32 am »
Took me two and a half minutes before I realized I was just watching a runthrough of Speed Highway and not something exciting. :(

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 03:29:16 pm »
The Exciting Part is "At Dawn".

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 01:37:06 am »
The Adventure games were kind of limited in exploration too I though. The At Dawn section of Speed Highway was only as interesting as it was because it was originally designed for Knuckles exploring separately.

Which kind of segways into a complaint of the Adventure games. Who in their right mind would give Knuckles all of those incredible powers to traverse levels and keep him confined into small sections of a whole level? Imagine how cool it would be to play on of Sonic's levels as Knuckles with climbing and gliding actually useful for extra sections of the levels.

Like Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles! I swear, I have played through that game thousands of times and am still finding stuff. I was playing just the other week and found whole sections I could not remember. I cannot do this with any of the 3D games outside of the ones I have not played in years for obvious reasons.