Author Topic: Desert Island Game Discs  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Desert Island Game Discs
« on: July 13, 2010, 02:26:46 pm »
I did something like this back in the Nerds days, this is a little different though.

You're stranded on a desert island for an indefinite amount of time. Food is taken care of (you have enough fruit, water and monkey meat to last a lifetime), you have shelter and you even have a magical power strip with five outlets and an HDTV. As the HDTV takes up one outlet, the other four outlets are begging for video games. You may choose any systems (no duplicates) and ONE game for each system. Once you pick a system, you have access to that systems complete library of games including backwards compatibility. What four systems and four games would you choose?

Me:
NES – Heavy Barrel
The one NES game I've always loved and rarely get far in. I figure, a desert island will allow for enough time to complete the game.
Dreamcast – Jet Set Radio
One of my most favorite games ever. No need to say why this is needed.
XBOX – Shenmue II
This would provide me with everything! The experiences of shopping, hanging in arcades, gambling, fighting, etc. I could play it again and again and not get bored.
360 – Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
An easy way to play a shitload of Genny games.

You?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Desert Island Game Discs
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 10:26:38 pm »
Dreamcast - Space Channel 5: Part 2
It would never fail in cheering me up, which could be useful considering I'd be stuck on a desert island.

Playstation 3 - Rock Band 3
As long as the instruments are allowed, and I get to keep all my downloaded songs.  Otherwise, Burnout Paradise gets the PS3 vote.

Playstation 2 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

I could see myself playing through this one quite a few times.

Nintendo Gamecube - Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
The NES and N64 Zelda games in one nice package.

Being able to bring along a DS/PSP/GBA would be nice too.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 02:21:24 pm »
Puyo Pop Fever (DS Version)
Puyo Puyo Fever 2 (DS Version)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 03:44:14 pm »
One game per system! Up to four systems! The island has exploded!

GAME OVER

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 04:43:55 pm »
One game per system makes this tough...

PC: Medieval 2: Total War Gold

Vanilla Med 2 has about 30~ Playable factions, hundreds of units, about 60 provinces to conquer on the map... it's insane in it's content. I could play this over and over with different factions, trying for different difficulties and conditions. Then of course with teh Kingdoms expansion, you have 4 new campaigns based in the Middle East, Germany, Brittania and Americas. Again, all with their own factions, units and provinces. It's a game that would last me a long time.

Dreamcast: Shenmue II
It had to be on here somewhere, my all time favourite game. If nothing else it would make me feel like a part of a big city while I was stuck on a desert island...
I do have doubts about this one, while I play it once every few years, and still love it, if it was one of my ONLY games, I'm not sure how replayable it would be.

Xbox 360: Mega Drive Collection
Like Barry said, 50 games in one, you'd be silly not to take this with you when you have limited choice.

Wii: The King of Fighters: Orochi Saga
I'm still undecided on this one, but it seems like a good choice for long term desert-islanding. The pack has King of Fighters '94, through to '98 (5 full arcade games), each game has a significantly different system and cast of fighters too. Were I stuck on a desert island, I could see myself continually coming back and learning each character in each game, trying to perfect them.