Author Topic: YAKUZA of the DEAD or YAKUZIDENT EVIL!  (Read 2944 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
YAKUZA of the DEAD or YAKUZIDENT EVIL!
« on: September 24, 2010, 11:36:02 pm »
The first thing that went through any proper Sega fans mind while reading about the Zombie infested Yakuza game was what's up with the name?

We should call it YAKUZA of the Dead, that way it will be a nod to the Romer... err I mean the Atsuhi Semiya Series House of the Dead. I was disappointed in the trailer that not a single HOTD reference existed, none of the creatures such as the blade wielding Monkey Zombies, BDSM Mask Wearing Zombies, or even Ernie the duel Axe wielding zombie, no one from the gang was in the trailer. Instead, brave and center of the trailer were Resident Evil style slow zombies with the Majina/Los Illuminado Red Eye Zombeis.

To make things worse a blatantly ripped off Licker from the Resident Evil series is shown in the trailer, this was a slap on the face to Sega AM1 and Sega fans in general... our are own ideas not significant enough to be implemented in our own games?

What happend to the days when SmileBit made Typing of the Dead, why can't Amusement Vision show the same respect to HOTD, instead they blatantly plagarize Capcom's work.

Now that the post has turned on into a full on rant I am going to continue for a while:

WTF happend to Goro's game? I was quite excited for his spin-off, especially when they announced Kazuma would be in it. I didn't want the game to be something like Joey, totally off topic. Instead I thought maybe if we are controlling Goro we could finally fulfill Goro's destiny and defeat Kazuma. I would liked to have seen his reacting as long as he didn't start jumping like Chun-Li after he won.

WTF is up with the story? "Oh, Yumi is kidnapped again." I've only played the first 2 games, so I don't know if something different happend in Part 3 but her getting kidnapped is really boring. Even if she was kidnapped by Roy Curien himself I wouldn't care, the only good thing about seeing Rush Hour 3 was Soo Yung had aged and learned how to fight. Yumi is in her late teens, how has she not learned to fend for herself?

WTF is up with the characters? I see, people getting excited over that shitty Ambivalent Dragon of some other family, who gets pissed of if you call him the Dragon of the other family. That guy was so fucked up, and not in a Goro kind of way. If you had to bring back somebody why not the real bad ass Nishki?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:40:16 pm by cube_b3 »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: YAKUZA of the DEAD or YAKUZIDENT EVIL!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 06:45:57 am »
Better referencing a SEGA franchise than ripping off a Capcom one.
My vote goes to Yakuza of the Dead
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »