Author Topic: King of Fighters: The Movie  (Read 5531 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
King of Fighters: The Movie
« on: April 29, 2011, 07:39:56 am »
I waited for the movie to come out but it never did.

I don't mind watching b movies, I recently watched Death Race 2 (which is not 2 in anyway as it is a prequel) and prior to that I watched Tekken and I really enjoyed them both.

Now I was playing Head Hunter Redemption and accidentally flipped the channel to HBO and a movie with the lovely Catherine Zeta Jones and George Clooney was coming, CZJ was looking so beautiful and HHR had so many long load times I decided to play and watch simultaneously.

The movie ended fairly quickly I guess I tuned in pretty late but while the credits were rolling it showed that a movie called the King of Fighters would be playing next. I honestly didn't think it would be the one based on the game.

It was, now I could go on and tell you all about it or I could just quote a line from the movie which should tell you how it was:

"Terry Bogard CIA"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: King of Fighters: The Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 08:14:53 am »
I could tell the movie would be a collossal piece of shit when I saw the initial photography and trailers.

Grandpa Terry Bogard (IN THE CIA), Rugal is shorter than Mature and Vice, Mature uses Tonfas for some stupid reason (at least Vice looks kinda like the game counter-part), Kyo is an American... The list just goes on.

It's a real shame, since KOF actually has one of the more servicable storylines in fighting games, and has really cool and unique characters that would lend themselves well to a nice stylised action film. But instead they made this tripe. I still have it on my PC somewhere but never really watched it all the way through. Maybe i should for a laugh..

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 02:54:07 pm »
Videogame movies have never been good, but all of a sudden they've gone terrible. I mean worse than Uwe Boll even.

End of the day everything in KOF depended on the fights and they sucked, the movie isn't even the so bad it is funny kinda thing.

I do recommend Tekken to people cause it is so bad it is good, plus the fights are nice.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:16:03 pm »
Eh I dunno, VG movies were probably always this bad. Mortal Kombat is the only one I liked, and that was saved by it's good fights and by being so silly it's fun.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 02:37:21 pm »
If you liked Mortal Kombat watch DOA: Dead or Alive produced by Paul Anderson only and instead of a dark outworld setting it is replaced with a beautiful tropical island.

I only played DOA2 on DC and it wasn't nearly as good as Soul Calibur and I didn't find any noteable endings or anything that could develop the characters beyond the gameplay. So I don't know the game to well but stand alone the movie was a modern remake of Mortal Kombat.

It even had Robin Shou in the movie (going against everything he belived in - real life).

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 06:38:00 pm »
DOA sucked. I used to be a huge fan of that series and honestly cannot remember anything from the movie, even from an ironic standpoint. Jaime Pressly is a milf, but I am not sure if the rest of the cast was even in anything relevant?

Videogame movies can be good, but The King of Fighters was certainly not turning out to be like that. I think the fanbase is too bizarre to help build a cartoon version either, the one based on the 3D PlayStation 2 games was just awful.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 03:56:12 am »
^If they ignored the fanbase and just made something based on Rugal calling a tournament and wrecking everyone's shit with GENOCIDE CUTTAH and have Terry POWAH WAVE'ing it up everything I think it would be pretty cool.

I'd rather see them start with a good Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting movie though.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 05:44:32 am »
Hold on a tick, suck is a strong word against a movie that just wasn't authentic enough.

Cultural differences of the fighters were poorly portrayed and the plot was as cliche as possible but it was a damn good and sexy take on it.

I don't care about the game, so I wasn't disappointed in anyway.

I actually made my friends watched the move and we were all amused, it wasn't like KOF where your left wondering wtf is happening, or how poor are the production values/budget.

DOA is cohesive, directional and enjoyable.
All characters are fleshed out given easy to comprehend purpose and you can root for them where as KOF was a train wreck.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 07:28:19 am »
Power Stone was a pretty solid animated series.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:31 am »
This little montage of the movie is kinda funny.
[youtube:2ri7pn2k]eQkanrXPpME[/youtube:2ri7pn2k]

He should have followed up that "Are you OK?" text message with a BUSTAH WOLF! :lol:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 07:05:46 am by CosmicCastaway »
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 02:49:55 pm »
Wow. The movie truly does look like suck. Extreme suck!

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 03:20:19 pm »
The opening fight scene of the movie which he kept showing over and over again (basically Maggie fighting the guy in the fur coat) was pretty good, ofcourse everything went down hill from their and the plot is just as uncomprehendable as shown.

Now only question is which movie is worse
Legend of Chun-Li or King of Fighters?

I don't hate Kristin Keurk but she did Smallville so expecting anything would be stupid but the movie had Robin Shou which made me expect a lot more.

I was also a fan of Neal McDonough, now that guy was capable of taking Bison to places that would exceed every fans expectations. He is a damn good actor instead they made him so bad ass that he stole fish from farmers as a boy.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 03:32:49 pm »
I saw that fight at the beginning, and I thought it was crap.

I think the guy in the fur coat was meant to be Mr Big, and if it is, that's the worst representation of a Video game character ever probably. I mean, this is how he is supposed to look:

The dude wasn't even bald! Not to mention, he is an Art of Fighting character, so no idea why Mai would be fighting him!

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 04:03:13 pm »
Any idea why Mai would create a love triangle between Iori and Kyo when I always thought she was with Andy since day 1?

Not the right movie to worry about character representation, I wasn't going to hold character representation against them cause I knew they weren't going to represent the characters to begin with.